Are you really better off?

GalensGhost

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just one question, If I may.....

Does a REALLY good SEC Coach lose, at home, to UAB?

Alas, to further prove my point....Name any other REALLY good SEC "coach" that has lost to the likes of UAB and LA Monroe....AT HOME....... :rolleyes:

Your honor, I rest my case. :moon:

Just one question, If I may.....

Does a REALLY good SEC Coach lose, at home, to UAB?

does a REALLY good SEC coach lose, at home, to USF? when they turn the ball over 5 times? at least UAB has been playing football for more than 10 years. ;)

btw WarTim, don't delete this thread if we win in a few weeks. we all know you get a little delete-happy when you might have to eat some crow.

Methinks RWS may regret this piece of work....

what year is Tuberville in now? ninth or tenth? Over those years how many coaching changes have we endured? how many years of probation? yet here we are, Alabama and Auburn on pretty much the same level, beating and also losing to the same opponents, our records will be exactly the same heading into the iron bowl, what was AU's record last year compared to Bama's? We haven't been blown out this season and have one of the top recruiting classes in the nation, so yeah I'd say we're better off

Actually you have 5 loses we only have 4, so the records will not be exactly the same. Tubberville came in when we were finishing probation and had to suffer a few years, but we have been consistently ranked in the top 25 since then. Have you?

First year for a new coach no matter is hard, but it can be done, look at Urban Myer at Florida. Of course they weren't coming off of probation.

what year is Tuberville in now? ninth or tenth? Over those years how many coaching changes have we endured? how many years of probation? yet here we are, Alabama and Auburn on pretty much the same level, beating and also losing to the same opponents, our records will be exactly the same heading into the iron bowl, what was AU's record last year compared to Bama's? We haven't been blown out this season and have one of the top recruiting classes in the nation, so yeah I'd say we're better off

Actually you have 5 loses we only have 4, so the records will not be exactly the same. Tubberville came in when we were finishing probation and had to suffer a few years, but we have been consistently ranked in the top 25 since then. Have you?

First year for a new coach no matter is hard, but it can be done, look at Urban Myer at Florida. Of course they weren't coming off of probation.

you mean except for this year, yeah? i mean, talk smack, by all means, but uh, i might leave that out for this one.

Hello? Is this thing on?

I'd like to restate the original question please.

and my answer remains the same. i would still rather have CNS than CMS.

So what was CMS most humiliating loss?

Hello? Is this thing on?

That's not the question.

How are you specifically better off? I'd like one verifiable reason. "Process" is not an acceptable answer. This team, led by Mike Shula, clobbered this same Warhawk squad last season 41-7. The "Process" should not drop you that far off the map or the "Process" is a load of crap.

And before you start with "Yeah, well Auburn..." let me remind you that the Tigers beat ULM by a combined score of 104-7 the last two times they played.

Hello? Is this thing on?

That's not the question.

How are you specifically better off? I'd like one verifiable reason. "Process" is not an acceptable answer. This team, led by Mike Shula, clobbered this same Warhawk squad last season 41-7. The "Process" should not drop you that far off the map or the "Process" is a load of crap.

And before you start with "Yeah, well Auburn..." let me remind you that the Tigers beat ULM by a combined score of 104-7 the last two times they played.

at this point, there is no tangible evidence. judging by tangible evidence up to this point, you can accurately say we are on par with last season i think. actually probably a little worse off. i think the team has a horrible mentality right now, and you have to admit that a coach cannot 100% change mentality unless those players want to change. any Bama fan who said CMS was recruiting "lights out" needs to keep their foot in their mouths until after the AU game as punishment for saying that. we often say that you can't REALLY tell how good a commit is until they prove it on the field. we are proving that our talent is not up to par with most of the SEC, and apparently the worst of the Sun Belt Conference for that matter.

hopefully (for a Bama fan) if we revisit this thread next season around this time my answer will be different. but it looks like next season we will be playing even more freshmen than this year. i never expected pie in the sky and i guess that was a good thing. but that doesn't mean i can't be pissed about losing to ULM. even though there may not be any tangible evidence this season, that doesn't mean there will never be any. a 10 win season isn't going to happen overnight and i hope everybody else in crimson was reminded of that today.

Hello? Is this thing on?

That's not the question.

at this point, there is no tangible evidence. judging by tangible evidence up to this point, you can accurately say we are on par with last season i think. actually probably a little worse off. i think the team has a horrible mentality right now, and you have to admit that a coach cannot 100% change mentality unless those players want to change. any Bama fan who said CMS was recruiting "lights out" needs to keep their foot in their mouths until after the AU game as punishment for saying that. we often say that you can't REALLY tell how good a commit is until they prove it on the field. we are proving that our talent is not up to par with most of the SEC, and apparently the worst of the Sun Belt Conference for that matter.

hopefully (for a Bama fan) if we revisit this thread next season around this time my answer will be different. but it looks like next season we will be playing even more freshmen than this year. i never expected pie in the sky and i guess that was a good thing. but that doesn't mean i can't be pissed about losing to ULM. even though there may not be any tangible evidence this season, that doesn't mean there will never be any. a 10 win season isn't going to happen overnight and i hope everybody else in crimson was reminded of that today.

well, if you just want a ten win season every now and then, shula was just as effective.

Hello? Is this thing on?

That would be Northern Illinois in 03. We are used to it. It doesn't even hurt anymore.

Ya know if Arky had a kicker and the "officials" hadn't wrongly overturned the Ole Miss call, Bammer is sitting at only 4 wins. Incredible... they are lucky to have 6 wins right now.

The attempts to quantify their Saban-lust are humorous at best.

It's really a question of whether you prefer the leadership of a psychopath, or the leadership of a gold-chain wearing weakling. Both appear to be quantitatively similar, apart from the price tag.

Good comparison CD... Their King $aban lust is a little bit too much... I hope we really spank em bad next Saturday... I'd like to see what they say about Mr. College Football then...

Hello? Is this thing on?

That would be Northern Illinois in 03. We are used to it. It doesn't even hurt anymore.

:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

But that NIU team won 8 or 9 games, and had a running back currently backing up LT in San Diego. I can see losing that game if you had a bad day. I'm baffled at you guys losing to ULM.

Ya know if Arky had a kicker and the "officials" hadn't wrongly overturned the Ole Miss call, Bammer is sitting at only 4 wins. Incredible... they are lucky to have 6 wins right now.

Don't forget if Houston had caught that ball in the end zone.

I honestly think we are better off. Permeating our team right now is a mental state that is a holdover from the Shula era. Shula taught his players to be OK with losing, as long as you played a close game. We have some seniors on our team who are cancers. And honestly, I'm glad they are leaving.

Are we better off with Saban than Shula? I don't think you'll find too many outside of Auburn saying we aren't.

For you to say that Bama is no better under Saban than Shula is essentially saying that you think Shula is as good of a coach as Saban. Which is lunacy in my mind.

For you to say that Bama is no better under Saban than Shula is essentially saying that you think Shula is as good of a coach as Saban. Which is lunacy in my mind.

I'd find it interesting for you to do a simple "good things" and "bad things", side-by-side comparison of Shula and Saban.

Really, seriously explain the iron clad improvments you've seen this season, and explain why all the articles bashing Saban are coming from all sorts of places "outside of Auburn".

No spin is going to work BG. Don't try to start it.

Dolphins are 0-10? Man... Saban sure left a mess didn't he. The Dolphins have so many problems internally... attitudes stink. The Dolphins need to "clean house". Its all Saban's fault... yeah lets blame it on him... He ruined my team.... :(:(:(

Why? Are you talking about "potential"? Or about what both men have DONE at Alabama? Shula had a fluke 10 win season and that was his only bright spot, but at least he did not CRY and WHINE about the previous coach and APOLOGIZE for his own impotence.

Shula WAS a better coach because he DID more at Alabama than Saban has. Saban has sucked. Bad. He may have more "potential" but until he does something besides beat one SEC team and get a few verbal commits, Shula is better than him. Shula would kick Saban's butt in a fist fight.

Shula WAS a better coach because he DID more at Alabama than Saban has. Saban has sucked. Bad. He may have more "potential" but until he does something besides beat one SEC team and get a few verbal commits, Shula is better than him. Shula would kick Saban's butt in a fist fight.

Shula went 4-9 in his first year. So I think this may qualify as your worst post ever.

Really, seriously explain the iron clad improvments you've seen this season, and explain why all the articles bashing Saban are coming from all sorts of places "outside of Auburn".

Saban isn't being bashed for his coaching ability. He's being bashed because he's an as***** to the media. Ohhhhh waaaaaait...You want to sit here and LIE and tell me that you were HONESTLY offended by his analogy?

Either you WEREN'T offended and you just want to put up a front. Or you were offended and you are an idiot. Since you aren't an idiot...I'm guessing you are using those "Saban bashing" articles as some confirmation that he's an awful coach.

But you're wrong.

So, one more time in an attempt to get an answer.....

Does a REALLY good SEC "coach" lose, @ home, to UAB and LA MONROE?

So, one more time in an attempt to get an answer.....

Does a REALLY good SEC "coach" lose, @ home, to UAB and LA MONROE?

sure, why not? your point about UAB is....well, pointless. the next season he won the SECCG. then 2 seasons after that he won another SECCG and a MNC. if you think its easy for an SEC coach to win 2 SECCG and a MNC in 5 years, you're on crack. every coach can lay an egg from time to time. those TWO eggs came over a 7 year period of time and were both in his first year as coach of those teams. i don't expect you to see it that way, because you are already dead-set on the subject and you have never shown any form of objectivity. at the end of 2003, i don't think you could have found 1 LSU fan who didn't think he was a good SEC coach. i also don't expect you to have any faith in our coach, because you've already made up your mind that you hate him and we will never win a game ever again under him. i don't need your approval to support my team's coaches.

Archived