Guess Who Made The Hot Seat Top 5?

otterinbham

http://www.coacheshotseat.com/CoachesHotSeatBlog.htm

Man, this guy took the words right out of my mouth.

5. Nick Saban – It has been fascinating to watch Saban since his arrival at Alabama, because never has a more desperate school for wins ever been paired with a man with such a gigantic ego, and that might just mean disaster for the Alabama football program. Almost immediately upon arrival in Tuscaloosa one of Saban’s first tasks was to tamp down expectations for the 2007 season. He did a great job of intimidating the Alabama media into accepting that Mike Shula had done a poor job of recruiting at Alabama, and that there was no way the Tide was going to be able to beat many teams in ’07. What Saban did not count on was that his departure from Miami, where he lied, deceived, tricked, and did everything else that would qualify him as a bona fide relative of Bill Clinton’s, that those actions would seep into his team at Alabama. How ironic is it that Franchione’s behavior when departing Tuscaloosa for College Station, led eventually to his demise (the A&M players never fully trusted Fran), that Saban’s past deceptive behavior has affected how his Alabama team is playing now? Very ironic, and Nick Saban must lie awake at night and not only question why he lied like he did when he left Miami, but why in the world did he ever take the Dolphins job in the first place. We have watched Saban closely in his press conferences this year at Alabama, and the thing that jumps out at us, besides that the media people covering Alabama football are scared to death of Nick, is that Saban does not look very happy. Maybe Mike Shula did leave behind a mess at Alabama, but common sense tells one that if a team can take the No. 1 team (LSU) to the final minute, then they can be Louisiana Monroe (Shula’s Bama team beat La. Monroe 41-7 in 2006). Therefore, that leads us to the obvious conclusion that there is a serious problem within this Alabama team, because only a team that has quit on their coach would have lost to La. Monroe. Saban needs to quit laying awake at night and worrying about why he left LSU, and start coaching and getting the attention of this Alabama football team, or he is going to find himself out of a job (no, not this year, but it could happen sooner than he could have ever imagined) which would effectively end his coaching career. It is Alabama or nothing for Saban, and his focus needs to be on coaching, not how his image in the national press is at any given moment. We are about to find out if Alabama is “really” where Saban wants to be.

http://www.coacheshotseat.com/CoachesHotSeatBlog.htm

Man, this guy took the words right out of my mouth.

5. Nick Saban – It has been fascinating to watch Saban since his arrival at Alabama, because never has a more desperate school for wins ever been paired with a man with such a gigantic ego, and that might just mean disaster for the Alabama football program. Almost immediately upon arrival in Tuscaloosa one of Saban’s first tasks was to tamp down expectations for the 2007 season. He did a great job of intimidating the Alabama media into accepting that Mike Shula had done a poor job of recruiting at Alabama, and that there was no way the Tide was going to be able to beat many teams in ’07. What Saban did not count on was that his departure from Miami, where he lied, deceived, tricked, and did everything else that would qualify him as a bona fide relative of Bill Clinton’s, that those actions would seep into his team at Alabama. How ironic is it that Franchione’s behavior when departing Tuscaloosa for College Station, led eventually to his demise (the A&M players never fully trusted Fran), that Saban’s past deceptive behavior has affected how his Alabama team is playing now? Very ironic, and Nick Saban must lie awake at night and not only question why he lied like he did when he left Miami, but why in the world did he ever take the Dolphins job in the first place. We have watched Saban closely in his press conferences this year at Alabama, and the thing that jumps out at us, besides that the media people covering Alabama football are scared to death of Nick, is that Saban does not look very happy. Maybe Mike Shula did leave behind a mess at Alabama, but common sense tells one that if a team can take the No. 1 team (LSU) to the final minute, then they can be Louisiana Monroe (Shula’s Bama team beat La. Monroe 41-7 in 2006). Therefore, that leads us to the obvious conclusion that there is a serious problem within this Alabama team, because only a team that has quit on their coach would have lost to La. Monroe. Saban needs to quit laying awake at night and worrying about why he left LSU, and start coaching and getting the attention of this Alabama football team, or he is going to find himself out of a job (no, not this year, but it could happen sooner than he could have ever imagined) which would effectively end his coaching career. It is Alabama or nothing for Saban, and his focus needs to be on coaching, not how his image in the national press is at any given moment. We are about to find out if Alabama is “really†where Saban wants to be.

:roflol: Christmas came early. And it's the best one I've ever had.

I'm feeling pretty giddy myself, but let's not get too excited--we could still find coal in our stockings Sunday morning!

...but if we start counting on the other hand Saturday night, it will be one of the sweetest seasons for Bama haters I can remember !!

I'm feeling pretty giddy myself, but let's not get too excited--we could still find coal in our stockings Sunday morning!

...but if we start counting on the other hand Saturday night, it will be one of the sweetest seasons for Bama haters I can remember !!

I agree with quietfan, AUBURN should win and I am expecting them to (As always), but at the same time I don't expect Bama to play this week like they did last week the last two weeks. In my mind Sarah Jessica Parker will not throw three interceptions and have a couple of fumbles and take five or six sacks. Instead he will throw for 280 yards and be 20 - 23. They will also have two 100 yard rushers. AUBURN will have to play like they are behind the entire game in order to pull it out in the last few seconds.

With that said I hope AUBURN puts a butt whipping of epic proportions on U AT and I hope the AU players and coaches are preparing as if they are playing the #1 team in the nation this week.

the fact that the highest paid coach was beaten by the lowest paid coach in Div1, he should have the hottest seat now.................. :lol:

Source

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Stop it! Stop it! I'm f'n crying here!

Consider this:

Saban made more for yesterday's game than Weatherby will make for the entire season -- by half.

the fact that the highest paid coach was beaten by the lowest paid coach in Div1, he should have the hottest seat now.................. :lol:

Source

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Stop it! Stop it! I'm f'n crying here!

Plus they paid LA Monroe $600,000 for that butt kicking. :P

Agreed - a great big HUGE lump of coal. IMHO, despite the records, this is the biggest Auburn - Alabama game in recent memory. A win by the fighting pink nickies, and evertying is validated; order, morale and momentum (for the program) are restored. [THE crimson SPIN: No, Saban didn't have a championship season, but he can't help that Shula recruited a bunch of turds. And we beat Auburn - HAAAAAAAAA-le-lu-JAH!!!!!!] But a win by Auburn, and it's going to be a looooooonnnnng offseason in t-town - no, I don't think Saban would be fired (or even be on the hot seat, really - he's evidently applied the Jedi mind trick on just about everyone, and not just in the media), and no I don't think it'd make a (huge) difference in recruiting (this year), but after selling out to $uperCoach, only to lose the last four games of the season (and conceivably not even make a bowl)? WOW, that'd be a lot for even the brainwashed masses to chew (stew?) on for the next eight or nine months . . . How much fun would that be for ol' saint nick?

Here's hoping B Cox, Q Groves and these seniors have one more left in 'em . . .

Agreed - a great big HUGE lump of coal. IMHO, despite the records, this is the biggest Auburn - Alabama game in recent memory. A win by the fighting pink nickies, and evertying is validated; order, morale and momentum (for the program) are restored. [THE crimson SPIN: No, Saban didn't have a championship season, but he can't help that Shula recruited a bunch of turds. And we beat Auburn - HAAAAAAAAA-le-lu-JAH!!!!!!] But a win by Auburn, and it's going to be a looooooonnnnng offseason in t-town - no, I don't think Saban would be fired (or even be on the hot seat, really - he's evidently applied the Jedi mind trick on just about everyone, and not just in the media), and no I don't think it'd make a (huge) difference in recruiting (this year), but after selling out to $uperCoach, only to lose the last four games of the season (and conceivably not even make a bowl)? WOW, that'd be a lot for even the brainwashed masses to chew (stew?) on for the next eight or nine months . . . How much fun would that be for ol' saint nick?

I just can't help but think that everybody, from CTT on down, has been listening to Saban This and Saban That for eleven long months and are very, very motivated. Something tells me that Auburn will be spoiling for Alabama's chitlins this year. Last year, we knew Shula was on the ropes and didn't want to beat him that badly. In the 'Sack Brodie' game, we called off the dogs after the first quarter. But this year with Nick at the helm? There will be no mercy.

Win or lose Saturday, he's still a PWE..Prick With Ears.

That's why he's loathed by so many outside the Mullet Nation. Has nothing to do with winning or losing. It simply has to do with being a prick...with ears.

Totally agree, we cant too far ahead of ourself, because of THE GAME. With a victory Saturday let the Santa fly over and bring joy to all the little boys girls. :cheer:

BEAT BAMA :au:

I agree 100%. HUGE GAME this weekend. The outcome of this game will set the tone for the next 4 or 5 years. If we lose, then Saban is the man. If we win, then the whole psychology of Alabama football will stay damaged into the future.

My only concern about this game is I have neve seen AUBURN play a Game with the KILLER Instinct.... The Sack Brodie Game was close but the Tigers were called off.....I want to see a complete Domination of the TIDE just once.....like a score 72 to 3 or worse.....thats the game I would like to see.

Like others have mentioned in this thread, I think this year's IB is critical. It reminds me of 1984, when one more Auburn win over UAT would have changed the nature of things for years to come. We didn't get it done then, but here's another chance to bury them. War Eagle!

Every year, people claim it is the most important iron bowl in a while (or ever).

I'll stick with viewing every game as equally important.

My only concern about this game is I have neve seen AUBURN play a Game with the KILLER Instinct.... The Sack Brodie Game was close but the Tigers were called off.....I want to see a complete Domination of the TIDE just once.....like a score 72 to 3 or worse.....thats the game I would like to see.

Is that you, Mr. Irons?

Every year, people claim it is the most important iron bowl in a while (or ever).

I'll stick with viewing every game as equally important.

How can you not see the significance of this one?

A new era starts for whichever team wins.

This is the game that either validates the bammer obsession with their Savior, or if they lose, when coupled with the MSU & ULM losses, it's the nail in their coffin for sure.

i could live with that.

Archived