Why are there attack dogs on the field?

DCTiger

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I the only one disturbed by that?

Remember when UGA went after Baker. Keep the dogs away from the endzone

It's a really good chance that the dog isn't actually trained to attack. They're all bomb dogs or drug detectors, mostly bomb dogs on the actual field. I think he was just excited. It was definitely a crazy environment for him.

Well one doughnut eater had sense enough to place his hand on his dogs head, while the other doughnut eater was inattentive and allowed his dog to bite Powers on the hand. I hope his hand is okay. If you look at it again it looks like Powers wanted to cold cock that dog. <_<

Ok, I have to stand up for those doughnut eaters. They either worked a 16 hour shift today beginning at 5 am this morning or worked a chaotic 12 hours last night and came back early for a 16 hour shift. Can you even imagine how much they're putting up with, while running with little sleep and bad coffee? Cut a little slack...they work hard to keep everything running as smoothly as possible. :au:

Ok, I have to stand up for those doughnut eaters. They either worked a 16 hour shift today beginning at 5 am this morning or worked a chaotic 12 hours last night and came back early for a 16 hour shift. Can you even imagine how much they're putting up with, while running with little sleep and bad coffee? Cut a little slack...they work hard to keep everything running as smoothly as possible. :au:

I have no problem with the handlers, other than they should keep the dogs further from the field of play. What if the dog had taken off his finger? No excuse. This isn't a freakin' military state.

Why not muzzle them until just before the end of the game? I think it's a safe bet that no fans are going to rush the field with 2:30 left in the 4th quarter... :rolleyes:

or position them around Haley Center to prevent any textbook thefts while Alabama is in town.

Why not muzzle them until just before the end of the game? I think it's a safe bet that no fans are going to rush the field with 2:30 left in the 4th quarter... :rolleyes:

or position them around Haley Center to prevent any textbook thefts while Alabama is in town.

Okay, that was a good one. Thanks. :roflol:

The dog that bit Powers wasn't trying to harm him it was a dog being a dog. He got a little excited, but he was wagging his tail the entire time and was in now way being aggresive.

My dog doesn't bite me when he gets "excited"... he instead reverts back to his Mississippi Leg Hound lineage. Now that's a problem...

The dog that bit Powers wasn't trying to harm him it was a dog being a dog. He got a little excited, but he was wagging his tail the entire time and was in now way being aggresive.

Probably. Most of those dogs (Belgian Malinois) are slightly crazy yet usually well mannered until told to be otherwise.

I would like to know why he was not muzzled personally. And why even have them out on the field that early? Keep them in the tunnel until the last minute.

I wish they'd turn those dogs on the referees. What's wrong with these people?

The block in the back on the Bama punt return was the most clear violation of that rule I've ever seen. The referee had to dodge the blocked player and was looking right at it, but no flag.

The spots were consistently horrible. Spot bama players with the left foot by where the tip of their helmets were. Spot Auburn players with the right foot at their knee or elbow. It was consistently bad all night long.

I thought both kicker penalties were iffy and the roughing call on Cox was borderline at best.

The interference call that gave Bama a first down was utterly ridiculous. And John Parker Wilson could be thrashing around in the pile until next Tuesday and he STILL wouldn't get in. That was asinine.

Glad Auburn won, but frustration over the shoddy officiating tempered it some.

The dogs are there for training. Auburn has a training facitility in Anniston , Alabama :au:

Those were Bomb and Drug Dogs.....Guess which one they were really there for. They were probably going to bammer's locker room after the game, and the Police Men figured, "What the hell, let's catch some of the game while we're here."

I wish they'd turn those dogs on the referees. What's wrong with these people?

The block in the back on the Bama punt return was the most clear violation of that rule I've ever seen. The referee had to dodge the blocked player and was looking right at it, but no flag.

The spots were consistently horrible. Spot bama players with the left foot by where the tip of their helmets were. Spot Auburn players with the right foot at their knee or elbow. It was consistently bad all night long.

I thought both kicker penalties were iffy and the roughing call on Cox was borderline at best.

The interference call that gave Bama a first down was utterly ridiculous. And John Parker Wilson could be thrashing around in the pile until next Tuesday and he STILL wouldn't get in. That was asinine.

Glad Auburn won, but frustration over the shoddy officiating tempered it some.

No "home cooking" for AU this game. We didn't get many calls go our way, that's for sure. I didn't record the game but I was sure on uat's last possession there was a hold on one of their pass plays. An AU lineman got free and was about to close in on Wilson when he suddenly was pulled down from behind. I know a lot of holding goes on normally but I thought for sure something that blatant would've been called.

Am I the only one disturbed by that?

Remember when UGA went after Baker. Keep the dogs away from the endzone

It's a really good chance that the dog isn't actually trained to attack. They're all bomb dogs or drug detectors, mostly bomb dogs on the actual field. I think he was just excited. It was definitely a crazy environment for him.

Lots of very funny comments in this thread. The dog probably is trained to attack. Thats why they are out there, but I agree with the post earlier that they should simply be kept farther from the field. That was definitely a dangerous thing and with 2:30 left?

Archived