It's Time To Hand Out The Blitzies

DKW 86

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writ...k.14/index.html

Woulda, Shoulda, Coulda Award (The season's biggest flop): Notre Dame. Who else but the Irish? Yes, Charlie Weis lost a load of talent on offense, but this was a historically dismal season for Notre Dame, who went 3-9, with those losses coming by an average of 21.1 points. It was display of ineptitude that kept Alabama from inhabiting this space.

Ouch, that is going to leave a mark... ;)

Its that dang ole yankee media....dang gem'et...dem' ole boy's hated da Bahr and da gonna hate Sabear. Da hated Sabear frum da beginning, cin he got all dat money. Da jelous or sumthing.

So everyone picked us to go 7-5...we went 6-6. And we are the season's biggest flop?

If we told you after the Tennessee game that you would end 6-6, would you have considered the team a "flop" at that point?

So everyone picked us to go 7-5...we went 6-6. And we are the season's biggest flop?

tshirt.gif

Oh yeah, going 0-November doesnt help.

If we told you after the Tennessee game that you would end 6-6, would you have considered the team a "flop" at that point?

You can't just disregard the first half of the year when we started 6-2 either. I'm not saying it wasn't a dissapointing season, because it was.

But to put us in the same boat with that sorry ND team is a joke.

Well they didnt actually. You were just 2nd. It seems all that "tradition" isnt helping anyone.

You can't just disregard the first half of the year when we started 6-2 either. I'm not saying it wasn't a dissapointing season, because it was.

ND is not flaunting their bowl records this year like UAT is flaunting their all time record for bowl appearances.

yeah uat needs to be in a boat all by itself, like maybe this one

don't drag Notre Dame with you.

reefboatdeployment06sm.jpg

Same boat? Nah. That's why he said that ND's pathetic performance was the only thing that kept you out of that dubious honor.

On the other hand, you had a 6-6 team with a lot of guys coming back, especially on offense and what was purported to be a serious coaching upgrade and a fairly easy schedule. You instead finished 6-6, losing your last 4 and dropping one to La-Monroe. Sure, you had a great start, but of those six wins, only two were against good competition: Arkansas and Tennessee, and one was against a D-1AA team.

I'd say all that considered, the year was a pretty big flop. If you'd been up against a team with a little more panache than South Carolina for the final bowl bid, you'd likely be sitting at home instead of gearing up for Shreveport.

Pretty much. Remember, "Bama's back!".

Does anyone think ND will be remotely better next year?

If so, why?

ND looked like a joke the ENTIRE YEAR.

Their recruiting class this year is VERY GOOD but will it stick? Even if it does, will that talent come out under the current ND coaches who aren't doing ANYTHING with the last 2 recruiting classes?

Same boat? Nah. That's why he said that ND's pathetic performance was the only thing that kept you out of that dubious honor.

On the other hand, you had a 6-6 team with a lot of guys coming back, especially on offense and what was purported to be a serious coaching upgrade and a fairly easy schedule. You instead finished 6-6, losing your last 4 and dropping one to La-Monroe. Sure, you had a great start, but of those six wins, only two were against good competition: Arkansas and Tennessee, and one was against a D-1AA team.

I'd say all that considered, the year was a pretty big flop. If you'd been up against a team with a little more panache than South Carolina for the final bowl bid, you'd likely be sitting at home instead of gearing up for Shreveport.

So did you pick us to win 10...or 11 this year?

If so, why?

Their recruiting class this year is VERY GOOD but will it stick? Even if it does, will that talent come out under the current ND coaches who aren't doing ANYTHING with the last 2 recruiting classes?

Not saying that but Notre Dame got better as the year progressed and Bama got worse.

If so, why?

Not saying that but Notre Dame got better as the year progressed and Bama got worse.

You're smarter than that. Notre Dame got "better"?

They beat Duke and Stanford to close the year out. Wait, are you saying that they are better than Auburn?

If so, why?

I really don't think ND got better at all

They beat the WORST team in D1 this year in Duke and Clausen still only had a 50% and they barely had 300 total yards against Stanford who won 3 games this year

ND looked consistently terrible throughout the year

Zero improvement, imo, and that is very troubling.

Rumors of Weis not even sure whether to have physical practices or not...just lots of unsure questions that would worry me if my HC didn't know what to do

If so, why?

They beat Duke and Stanford to close the year out. Wait, are you saying that they are better than Auburn?

Bama couldn't find a way to beat ULM and I think Duke and Stanford could both handle the Warhawks. I mean North Texas did for heaven's sake.....

If so, why?

Bama couldn't find a way to beat ULM and I think Duke and Stanford could both handle the Warhawks. I mean North Texas did for heaven's sake.....

as did Troy

ULM beat us by 7 in ttown. You beat us by 7 in Auburn.

I guess ULM is better than Auburn too.

north texas only won 2 games this year ULM at home by 10, and western kentucky at home by 1!!! my guess is bammers will drive around monroe, la. to get to shreveport.

ND went 2-2 in their final 4 games. 3-4 over the final 7.

uat went 0-4 in their final 4 games. uat also went 3-4 over final 7. yet bama started 6-2 thru first 8. ND was 1-7 in first 8.

So yes, I say ND showed some signs of improving. Duke and Stanford would beat ULM. Just can't stand it can you, gotta throw in some comparison to AU in there!!

No offense D, but it is now Dec 7, 2007 and Sarah Jessica Parker still hasnt scored that TD....

Just Sayin...

ULM beat the west vancesters 21-14 @ JH west. THAT proves ULM is "better" than uat.

Just sayin'.....

Oh, I almost forgot,.....S I X ............

Archived