Looks like the Bammers are making

AUman43

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AUMan43, we'll sign at least 5 more, probably 6.

That's not counting Tolliver's commit next week, either.

How does this work? In all other universities nobody can "sign" until Feb. so how can you sign 5 or 6 more when according to the rules, you haven't "signed" one yet.

wait, silly me...rules & bammers = oxymoron. never mind.

"We will receive the commitments of at least 5 more players in addition to the ones we have now, before signing them in February."

Pleased?

If it helps you get through the graveyard, keep telling yourself that we're not going to sign the guys that are committed.

If it helps you get through the graveyard, keep telling yourself that we're not going to sign the guys that are committed.

LMAO I cant believe you guys just took Robbie Green.

You do realize that this is the guy that showed up to USC's camp, ran a 4.85 electronically timed forty (no joke) at 170lbs, and did so poorly in the one-on-one drills that he didn't even bother to show up for the second day of camp :roflol: . He doesn't have an LSU offer for a reason.

You do realize that this is the guy that showed up to USC's camp, ran a 4.85 electronically timed forty (no joke) at 170lbs, and did so poorly in the one-on-one drills that he didn't even bother to show up for the second day of camp :roflol: . He doesn't have an LSU offer for a reason.

Yet he still held offers from Bama, Florida, Michigan, Penn St, Tennessee, Southern Cal and West Virginia. It sucks that we had to settle for a 4 star cornerback on both Rivals and Scout. I know, I know. Star rankings mean nothing.

Yet he still held offers from Bama, Florida, Michigan, Penn St, Tennessee, Southern Cal and West Virginia. It sucks that we had to settle for a 4 star cornerback on both Rivals and Scout. I know, I know. Star rankings mean nothing.

LMAO Robby Green lost his USC "offer" halfway through his first day at the camp.

You want to know why there has been no talk of this kid? Its because everyone got the news and backed off. Just because Scout or Rivals lists an offer it doesn't mean he still possesses any of those. If anything this offer is just Saban's attempt to get in at Robby Green's school even more than he already has.

LMAO Robby Green lost his USC "offer" halfway through his first day at the camp.

You want to know why there has been no talk of this kid? Its because everyone got the news and backed off. Just because Scout or Rivals lists an offer it doesn't mean he still possesses any of those. If anything this offer is just Saban's attempt to get in at Robby Green's school even more than he already has.

How is there "no talk of this kid" when he is a highly rated CB on BOTH Rivals and Scout? Dude is a 4 star on both Rivals(#16 CB) and Scout(#13 CB). Why would both of the major recruiting sites still have this guy ranked so highly if he is that poor of a player? BTW, I'm assuming the USC camp story is on Scout?

Well regardless of his time, he looks decent on video. And it's not like we are having to take seconds...we've got the #3 class in the nation.

Wait, I know you have you a rivals subscription and all meta...but do you actually think you are a better talent evaluator than Nick Saban?

How is there "no talk of this kid" when he is a highly rated CB on BOTH Rivals and Scout? Dude is a 4 star on both Rivals(#16 CB) and Scout(#13 CB). Why would both of the major recruiting sites still have this guy ranked so highly if he is that poor of a player? BTW, I'm assuming the USC camp story is on Scout?

How has there been no talk? Easy - I've heard Green's name mentioned very few times in the past 4-5 months. Why has there been no talk of him taking official visits to Florida, Michigan, etc.? Why are there no coaches visiting him? That is what I mean by "talk." He doesn't have committable offers to those schools, because if he did you would have heard of SOME contact between him and those said schools - there has been none. LSU dropped him way down on their DB list. Both major recruiting sites also have Star Jackson as one of the top QB recruits in the country, a title he is far, far from actually holding.

The USC camp story came from a USC recruiting insider who was at the camp. Robby Green is from John Curtis, the powerhouse LA program which USC got McKnight from last year. They heard about Green (supposed "stud") while they were recruiting McKnight and they gave him a verbal offer and invited him to one of their camps. Like I said, he showed up rail thin and slow. Any chance at an offer went out the window.

Well regardless of his time, he looks decent on video. And it's not like we are having to take seconds...we've got the #3 class in the nation.

Wait, I know you have you a rivals subscription and all meta...but do you actually think you are a better talent evaluator than Nick Saban?

I dont have a subscription to any pay site. Am I a better talent evaluator? No, but I do know the truth about most of these recruits. Robby Green more or less fell off the recruiting map.

Like I mentioned in the first post, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Saban used Robby Green to get in even further with John Curtis HS. John Curtis is a powerhouse LA program which has separated itself from LSU more or less and Saban is supposed to be pretty "good" with their people. That type of stuff does happen, as you probably remember Shula signing some scrub LB from Nease HS when you guys were recruiting Tebow.

Team rankings should be taken with a huge grain of salt. For example, Scout currently ranks Bama 4th and Auburn #31-- huge difference, right? But the player average rating is 3.46 for Bama and 3.40 for Auburn. Miami's avg. rating is 3.30 and they are ranked 6th. So, even assuming such player rankings have great significance, the difference in "quality" is not very significant. Right now, it's a quantity difference. Auburn can continue to get commitments from similar "quality" players and be about the same place. This is much ado about nothing.

Team rankings should be taken with a huge grain of salt. For example, Scout currently ranks Bama 4th and Auburn #31-- huge difference, right? But the player average rating is 3.46 for Bama and 3.40 for Auburn. Miami's avg. rating is 3.30 and they are ranked 6th. So, even assuming such player rankings have great significance, the difference in "quality" is not very significant. Right now, it's a quantity difference. Auburn can continue to get commitments from similar "quality" players and be about the same place. This is much ado about nothing.

Exactly. These ratings give quantity as much weight as quality. Therefore, if you are signing a lot of kids you better be doing well.

Hey Bammers,

Now that you have the "#3" class in the nation, are you still going to moan about a lack of talent when we lay number 7,8, and 9 on you?

Until you actually win an Iron Bowl in the 2000's STFU!!!!!!!!!

So you won in 2001? That's news.

Hey Bammers,

Now that you have the "#3" class in the nation, are you still going to moan about a lack of talent when we lay number 7,8, and 9 on you?

Until you actually win an Iron Bowl in the 2000's STFU!!!!!!!!!

So you won in 2001? That's news.

Check - moral victory category.

How is an actual victory only a moral victory? Seriously, there are plenty of smart a** responses you could have made...something about how long ago that was...or how we have been through a few coaches since then.

But you went with something factually incorrect? You can do better.

How is an actual victory only a moral victory? Seriously, there are plenty of smart a** responses you could have made...something about how long ago that was...or how we have been through a few coaches since then.

I think he meant it was a moral victory for us....

Which you know you only beat us that year cause we were down. :poke:

I think he meant it was a moral victory for us....

Which you know you only beat us that year cause we were down. :poke:

And we won the 4th quarter...

How has there been no talk? Easy - I've heard Green's name mentioned very few times in the past 4-5 months. Why has there been no talk of him taking official visits to Florida, Michigan, etc.? Why are there no coaches visiting him? That is what I mean by "talk." He doesn't have committable offers to those schools, because if he did you would have heard of SOME contact between him and those said schools - there has been none. LSU dropped him way down on their DB list. Both major recruiting sites also have Star Jackson as one of the top QB recruits in the country, a title he is far, far from actually holding.

I did some asking around and found out why you haven't heard any "talk" about Robby Green. John Curtis has a rule stating their athletes aren't allowed any official visits or in home visits until the season is over. John Curtis won the state championship over the weekend ending their season. Green took an in-home from Saban this past Monday. Green committed to Bama on Tuesday. That is why there wasn't any "talk".

I also couldn't find out anything regarding the poor camp at USC. I don't know your connections so I'll just take your word for it.

I also couldn't find out anything regarding the poor camp at USC. I don't know your connections so I'll just take your word for it.

Here is the original thread back from July:

http://www.fvsports.com/forum/showthread.p...ght=robby+green

Note: FVSports requires you to sign in to see the posts in the Recruiting forum so you can either sign up (there are a few big Bammer homers there you can relate to B) ) or I'll just post the comments.

Here is a free Rivals video that talks about Green's disappointing showing:

http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/995/506644.wmv

For those that dont want to register, here is the conversation:

Michigan Fan: How did Robby Green look at the USC camp?

USC Recruitnik: I'm not going to sugarcoat it, he looked awful. I hope he has a better day today.

Michigan Fan: So were the Michigan coaches blowing smoke when they said he looked like Charles Woodson in his film? I haven't seen his film.

USC Recruitnik: His film is excellent, which is why Carroll offered. McKnight spoke highly of Green too, but his opinion is obviously biased. I'll let you know what people are saying once today's camp is over.

...(few posts later)

USC Recruitnik: We're not recruiting him anymore. I like the kid, but the kid weighs less than me and runs a slower 40 time than one of our 295 pound DLs. I can't say what the time was, let's just say it's not USC material. It's mainly LSU and Alabama now.

...(few posts later)

LSU Fan: I don't think we're recruiting him very hard either. Supposedly, he's one of those much higher ranked in the fanbase than with the coaching staff types.

• 1 year later...

Just thought I'd bump this thread now that R. Green is starting for the best defense in the nation and one of the best defenses in recent history.

To be fair he's co-starter with Mark Barron. Dude lays the lumber too. I know he's light, but he plays fast and hits hard.

Kid caught a ton of hell while he was being recruited.

Just thought I'd bump this thread now that R. Green is starting for the best defense in the nation and one of the best defenses in recent history.

To be fair he's co-starter with Mark Barron. Dude lays the lumber too. I know he's light, but he plays fast and hits hard.

Kid caught a ton of hell while he was being recruited.

Like 2* Spencer Pybus? Who cares.

Archived