Looks like the Bammers are making

AUman43

in-state recruiting. Of the most prolific in-state talent left, Julio J., Jerrell Harris, Antonio McClain and William Green are all visiting Bammer this week-end. If they were to get all these, it would represent almost a clean sweep of the state this year by Saban. Geeeeeeeeeeeeeez

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Allegedly, from several sources, McClain was scheduled to go on an official visit to Tuscaloosa this weekend, but he has canceled it. He will instead be taking the ACT.

Harris, Jones, and Green aren't expected to commit anywhere anytime soon. Apart from Jones who wont be visiting us I'd expect both Harris and Green to take more official visits.

Harris, Jones, and Green aren't expected to commit anywhere anytime soon. Apart from Jones who wont be visiting us I'd expect both Harris and Green to take more official visits.

from what i hear, Harris and Kirkpatrick are AU bound.

from what i hear, Harris and Kirkpatrick are AU bound.

I hope you hear right.

Should note that it now appears that Julio Jones may indeed take an official visit with us. We had Willis and Knox in for an in-home visit. I wouldn't expect it to mean much even if he visits.

Should note that it now appears that Julio Jones may indeed take an official visit with us. We had Willis and Knox in for an in-home visit. I wouldn't expect it to mean much even if he visits.

I hope Knox picked up some pointers while he was there.

If JJ gives us an official visit, it will be all for show. Do you really think that a top WR prospect would really consider playing for an offense that doesn't know what the deep ball is?

They have 17 officials this week-end and of that total, only 8 have committed verbally. Most of the remaining prospects are ones we are recruiting as well. We hsve one.

in-state recruiting. Of the most prolific in-state talent left, Julio J., Jerrell Harris, Antonio McClain and William Green are all visiting Bammer this week-end. If they were to get all these, it would represent almost a clean sweep of the state this year by Saban. Geeeeeeeeeeeeeez

Are you sure youre not a bammer? You are easily challenging as the new eeyore.

Ouch

If Julio considers staying in-state, who would he rather have throwing the ball to him-- JP Wilson or Kodi Burns? Burns to Jones... that kind of has a ring like Sullivan to Beasley.

We can always hope.

I would tend to agree. Burns CAN throw the deep ball and Wilson will only be around for another year so yeah, it would be better for him to play with us.

On the other hand, Jones probably wouldn't start for us right away, whereas Bammer would try to put him at every single position they have at all times.

They have 17 officials this week-end and of that total, only 8 have committed verbally. Most of the remaining prospects are ones we are recruiting as well. We hsve one.

The sky is not falling. Patience, Grasshopper.

Ouch

If Julio considers staying in-state, who would he rather have throwing the ball to him-- JP Wilson or Kodi Burns? Burns to Jones... that kind of has a ring like Sullivan to Beasley.

We can always hope.

I would tend to agree. Burns CAN throw the deep ball and Wilson will only be around for another year so yeah, it would be better for him to play with us.

On the other hand, Jones probably wouldn't start for us right away, whereas Bammer would try to put him at every single position they have at all times.

starting right away is a deal breaker. wherever he may end up, he wants to start early because he only wants to be there for 3 years. JJ's recruitment by AU has been a disaster from the word go for some reason.

It's no secret locally that "Snake" has played a key role in Julio's recruiting from the git-go. He was never going to Auburn from what I'm told even if he went somewhere else besides Bammer-

It's no secret locally that "Snake" has played a key role in Julio's recruiting from the git-go. He was never going to Auburn from what I'm told even if he went somewhere else besides Bammer-

well when AU tells the kid that "we forgot" to invite him to junior day, thats not really a good way to start out. yeah Stabler has been around alot and his nephew also plays for Foley.

well when AU tells the kid that "we forgot" to invite him to junior day, thats not really a good way to start out.

Link to support this statement?

well when AU tells the kid that "we forgot" to invite him to junior day, thats not really a good way to start out.

How dare you ask for facts from a bammer....wait....

SSHH... here comes wincrimson with his: "This is 100% fact and can be verified by me" garbage.

well when AU tells the kid that "we forgot" to invite him to junior day, thats not really a good way to start out. yeah Stabler has been around alot and his nephew also plays for Foley.

Unfreaking believable..I also remember a certain time when David Greene visted Auburn and no one payed any attention to him because they thought he was someone else, I understand that we may not be that great in the recruiting scheme of things this year, but if we don't pick it up next year I'm going to start to get worried.

Ouch

We can always hope.

starting right away is a deal breaker. wherever he may end up, he wants to start early because he only wants to be there for 3 years. JJ's recruitment by AU has been a disaster from the word go for some reason.

The "disaster" is probably a little thing called telling the prospect the truth rather than pumping his butt full of sunshine and promising him the moon if he will sign. I'm not saying "JJ" might not start at AU from day one, but I doubt if CTT is willing to sell the farm to get him. Any time a kid comes in saying that he will only be there three years, that to me says a lot about his attitude.

sorry, its kind of hard to link something the kid and his teammates all told me. or, should i ignore that and accept whatever alternate theory you may have about why he wasn't there?

Any time a kid comes in saying that he will only be there three years, that to me says a lot about his attitude.

...or his skill, however you want to take it. the kid is freakish. if he can continue that and improve it, then more power to him.

I can confirm reading Julio's comment in a Rivals article that pretty much said "I was ready to go to their Junior day, and they called me after it was over and apologized saying they forgot to invite me"...you could probably do some digging and find it.

OOH RLY? Mr. Resident snotty bammer fluffer?

Ive got a better idea. Why don't you go back to watching yourself in the mirror while you dress up like the mailman and dance.

P.S.S. Oh Yeah, HO HO HO, SIX IN A ROW SILLY BAMMER!

Archived