Looks like the Bammers are making

AUman43

OOH RLY? Mr. Resident snotty bammer fluffer?

Ive got a better idea. Why don't you go back to watching yourself in the mirror while you dress up like the mailman and dance.

P.S.S. Oh Yeah, HO HO HO, SIX IN A ROW SILLY BAMMER!

no speaka-da-english?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll probably get "flamed" for saying this but I'm really wondering what Tommy's doing on the recruiting front! bammer lands the Jordan kid from Brentwood, Tenn despite us having Dunlap and we have a "soft verbal" while everybody else seems to be landing the big fish. As bad as I hate to admit it, Satan seems to have gotten just about everyone he went after and Tubs is not looking good right now. I hope he can finish strong (if there's anyone left) Before everyone starts jumping me with "Tubs is a better judge of talent" and "we have a full roster" or "we didn't need them" stuff, I'm coming from an angle that this doesn't make him look good in light of the time lost seeking a "deal" with the two "Jays". JMO and that's all...freedom of opinion and all that stuff. WDE! :au:

OOH RLY? Mr. Resident snotty bammer fluffer?

Ive got a better idea. Why don't you go back to watching yourself in the mirror while you dress up like the mailman and dance.

P.S.S. Oh Yeah, HO HO HO, SIX IN A ROW SILLY BAMMER!

Wow, quite the model Auburn fan you are...Skeeter.

Guest Tigrinum Major

I can confirm reading Julio's comment in a Rivals article that pretty much said "I was ready to go to their Junior day, and they called me after it was over and apologized saying they forgot to invite me"...you could probably do some digging and find it.

So, if someone wants to confirm what you and runswithscissors say that Julio Jones said, they are the ones that have to do the searching?

How about we just say that it's bull**** until one of you can prove it?

Just for the record, I am not saying that he didn't say it, but I am not doing your investigative work for you.

Because I don't care if they believe me or not. I'm not going to waste my time digging through countless articles on al.com and rivals just so someone can NOT call me a liar.

Besides there was already a thread on this site discussing it...back when it happened.

Guest Tigrinum Major

I am not saying that you are a liar.

I am just saying that the only place I have ever seen it was runswithscissors posting it.

I think it's an urban legend and you have bought into it. You know, you hear something enough, it becomes the truth.

And just remember, it's not a lie if you believe it.

VIIB1.gif

I am not saying that you are a liar.

I am just saying that the only place I have ever seen it was runswithscissors posting it.

I think it's an urban legend and you have bought into it. You know, you hear something enough, it becomes the truth.

And just remember, it's not a lie if you believe it.

VIIB1.gif

Heck no...it's just the SUMMER OF GEORGE!!!!!!! :)

:au::homer:

I'll probably get "flamed" for saying this but I'm really wondering what Tommy's doing on the recruiting front! bammer lands the Jordan kid from Brentwood, Tenn despite us having Dunlap and we have a "soft verbal" while everybody else seems to be landing the big fish. As bad as I hate to admit it, Satan seems to have gotten just about everyone he went after and Tubs is not looking good right now. I hope he can finish strong (if there's anyone left) Before everyone starts jumping me with "Tubs is a better judge of talent" and "we have a full roster" or "we didn't need them" stuff, I'm coming from an angle that this doesn't make him look good in light of the time lost seeking a "deal" with the two "Jays". JMO and that's all...freedom of opinion and all that stuff. WDE! :au:

AU stopped recruiting Jordan several months ago...the coaches wan't come out and say it but there were somethings about him that turned them off to him....they didn't even invite him to the IB...he is a transfer into Brentwood over the last year...so they it's not like they are losing their connectiosn there or anything...Bama had been recruiting him from his previous school

We are getting SCHOOLED in recruiting. PERIOD end of story. This is a turning point in power btw AU/AL. We need to enjoy the "6" because I believe AL is on the rise, and AU is on a the decline. We don't have many stud WR's or QB's, which means our passimg game is going to contiue to SUCK... IMO, BC didn't become a worse QB - He had worse WR's and OL this past season. This is why the coaches put Burns in over Field, and fired King Dunlap and other OL.

We are getting SCHOOLED in recruiting. PERIOD end of story. This is a turning point in power btw AU/AL. We need to enjoy the "6" because I believe AL is on the rise, and AU is on a the decline. We don't have many stud WR's or QB's, which means our passimg game is going to contiue to SUCK... IMO, BC didn't become a worse QB - He had worse WR's and OL this past season. This is why the coaches put Burns in over Field, and fired King Dunlap and other OL.

If a top 5 class vs. a top 15 class is being SCHOOLED, then they still have a few years worth of SCHOOLING they have to make up in west vance before class is in session and Saban is the teacher.

If you will recall, AU has over the years had a great pipeline from Dillard HS, but there were some who went to other schools. Even with the great contacts in the community around Dillard some choose to go elsewhere. I remember a great RB who signed with Michigan State when Nicky was coach there.

The sky is not falling. Wait until signing day things will look different then. Yes UaT will have a very good class that they and the media will proclaim is the end of the world for AU. But then they need a great class and we have heard it all before.

One other point, it is in the best interest of all recruiting sites to up the quality of the bammer classes that $aban is recruiting. He is new there and the expectations are high so the possibility of new subscriptions due to class rankng inflation is very reasonable.

I am not saying there isn't a list of decent talent coming out of the state but it seems a bit odd that after a few years of medicore state classes that we suddenly have a talent rich state.

I have a feeling that Alabama fans are getting set up much like they have been getting set up every year with inflated rankings. Like Notre Dame has faced.

Bama is also recruiting lights out right now because of Saban's hype, and the fact that so many big time recruits committed early on. If a school gets a few 4 or 5 star recruits to sign on early, they can use that as a selling point. They can also use those 4 and 5 star recruits to recruit for them. It's real easy for Saban to say, "Look, we got this big time QB, a few big time OLs, some great athletes on defense, and all we need is you to make this one of the best signing classes ever at the University of Alabama."

This stuff happens in cycles. Just like last season we landed a lot of big time recruits that we probably shouldn't have gotten.

The only way to stop the Alabama train right now is to continue beating them. Bama might get another good class next season, but if they go 6-6/7-5 like I'm expecting, they'll be back to same ole piss poor Bama in three years.

An impressive list of recruits on paper is fine, but what really counts is how many of them will be eligible.

Alabama is ahead of Auburn as far as the total number goes, but Auburn lost several due to eligibility last year and they are probably being pickier in terms of those who have already qualified this time around.

Also, Auburn is recruiting for need (note the number of WR commits) and Alabama desperately has to upgrade the overall level of talent/depth on the team. Saban can have the ones who only care about immediate playing time. Tubs will close strong and find the ones who want to be Auburn men.

If Bama is rated Top 5 right now, I guess that means there's about 114 other D-1 schools that should be whining like little beyotches about getting their collective arses handed to them. If somehow you chicken little's think a group of unproven high schoolers are going to be better than Enrique Davis, Charles Deas, Raven Gray, Jermaine Johnson etc. you need to step away from the crack pipe. Don't forget the fact that about half of last year's class stepped in and already has a full year of D-1 experience under their belt against the likes of Florida in Gainesville, LSU in Baton Rude and Georgia in Athens.

You really think Bama is going to get a leg up on Auburn? Why?

You could say the same thing about teams like Florida or LSwho. They always have top ten recruiting classes or sometimes even top five. They always seem to get the great recruits. But we beat LSwho every other year, and we've beaten Florida two years in a row. As long as Tuberville still knows how to win big games, recruiting rankings don't matter too much to us. Auburn can still find ways to win the big ones.

And, as long as we keep winning the freakin Iron Bowl like we have been, its not gonna matter too much for long. Eventually recruits will see the $atan mania as just hype.

Just wait until we have a much improved OL next year, the same RBs, slightly improved WRs, almost the same defense, improved special teams, and hopefully a QB who can throw it consistently downfield. I think WE CAN be much better in 2008 than we were in 2007.

Future looks bright!

Ryan

Do you even watch football? You do realize the rankings are based strictly on "potential" right? You do realize that none of these alleged commits that uat has can sign until feb. right? You do realize that they have to qualify before they can play (well, that may be a stretch for uat, but generally speaking). I hope you also realize we've beaten them 6 straight years, and its going to take more than one recruiting class to establish anything at uat.

I'm puzzled as to what you see that leads you to say that uat is on the rise. I see nothing that indicates them being on the rise. Now, maybe the players salaries are on the rise, but the program itself is pretty much on life support at the moment and barely hanging on.

last few years records for uat:

4-9

6-6

10-2

6-7

6-6 with one game pending. exactly how are they on the rise again??

Your statement about AU being on decline, shows that you have no clue what you are talking about. Again, I'm not sure you actually watch the games at all. We lose 2 starters on offense (Carl Stewart and Brandon Cox) and only 2 of our front seven on defense and Coleman replaced Groves very nicely when Groves was injured this year) and we lose 2-3 in the secondary with significant playing time. Now, we won 8 games and probably should have won 3 of the 4 we lost. Now, we did this with 3 freshmen on the OL and an abundance of underclassmen at most other positions. How you can say we are on the decline is beyond me. Why not actually watch some games next year so you'll be better informed as to the facts about the situation.

Even if uat does luck up and have a class ranked higher than ours, it won't be the first time. They've had high ranked classes before during this 6 year run for Auburn and it still hasn't made any difference. 3 straight senior classes have left uat without beating Auburn an NOTHING indicates that trend will stop any time soon.

Knowledge is a powerful thing...

not that you will believe it, but i guarantee you it was straight from the horse's and a few friends of the horse's mouths. but i don't blame you, there are alot of things out there that are untrue. even some of the "wonderful" things about Bama and JJ.

Ahhh the sky is falling!!!!!!!!!

not that you will believe it, but i guarantee you it was straight from the horse's and a few friends of the horse's mouths. but i don't blame you, there are alot of things out there that are untrue. even some of the "wonderful" things about Bama and JJ.

I can confirm what RWS says about Julio and junior day. No link. Just part of the situation.

It might be okay in the long run. At least, according to Rivals, our coaches made a good impression on him the last time they visited him.

We are in a good situation. We can recruit need and potential. Few holes to fill in secondary as a need. With all of our young talent we can bring in players and develop them, and by the time they play a 2 or 3 star can be an outstanding player b/c we have a year or two to put them in the weight room and practice. Bama is interested in players who can play soon b/c they need them. Ask Notre Dame how a top five class does when they all have to play the first year.

I think Eagle's Claw needs to turn in his orange and blue shaker. Frickin' Chicken Little knucklehead.

Hmm...i'm thinking he doesn't have any orange and blue shakers. More than likely a slightly different color combination if you ask me. We already have the President, Vice President, and Secretary of the anti-auburn campaign, perhaps ole Eagle's Claw here is the treasurer.

Well, Bammer just added number 25. A four star CB out of River Ridge La who played at John Curtis. Wonder how many more spots they have left? Couldn't be many!

Well, Bammer just added number 25. A four star CB out of River Ridge La who played at John Curtis. Wonder how many more spots they have left? Couldn't be many!

We don't have many with Jordan's verbal yesterday and Green's today, our numbers are getting tight. Saban told Tolliver (rivals 100 WR) that he needed to make a decision quickly because there aren't many spots left.

I think we are done with the only spots being held for W. Green, Julio, J. Harris, and maybe Tolliver. We have 2 currently commited who will back sign to last year's class because they are december grads.

Archived