artificial, live or fresh cut christmas tree....

chinook

artificial, live, or fresh cut christmas tree...  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Which is in your home?

• artificial
    • live (in a pot or balled and burlap)
    • fresh cut or real
    • other

for our home, we cut a fresh tree supporting the local tree farmer.

in addition to the poll question:

do any of you in the southeast ever come across a cut noble fir for sale? if so, what is the cost?

I have to go with real trees, mostly because my son's Boy Scout troop sells Xmas Trees as their main fundraiser for the year.

However, since we do not take down our tree until Epiphany, the merits of artificial trees become obvious around January 6th.

Probably go with artificial next year. The wife is downstairs cussing the lights as I type. Plus it's hard on her back to put the lights on. I could do it, but it would just be wrong and she would redo them. So we may opt for the pre-lit tree next year. Will buy it Dec. 26th.

Live or fresh cut!!! There are enough things that are artificial about Christmas already without a fake, plastic tree in your house. Who cares if it is more trouble.

Artificial and pre-lit for me. I love the real thing, but they make candles that smell like Christmas trees. Nothing beats putting the tree up and having it lit within 5 minutes.

Artificial and pre-lit for me. I love the real thing, but they make candles that smell like Christmas trees. Nothing beats putting the tree up and having it lit within 5 minutes.

I went pre-lit two years ago (this is the third Christmas to use it). Half the sonsabitchin lights have gone out already.

Stupid warranty people are useless. Can't help me. "Maybe its a fuse." So I replace all the tiny little pieces of crap. No help. Then they claim it must be an "unusual electrical surge" and suggest I replace all the freaking little lights.

I threw it out in the front yard. Am going to pour lighter fluid on it and hit the match.

Archived