Super Tuesday Results Thread

WinCrimson

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McCain opens up a 41-35% lead over Huckabee with 10% of the AL precincts reporting.

Clinton's getting bombed in the urban areas -- Jefferson, Montgomery, Mobile. Down 72-27% statewide.

Per the exit polls I suppose?

FWIW, I really hate this "calling of states" before the votes are officially counted. That's not for or against a particular candidate, just a pet peeve of my mind.

MSNBC. And they are saying Clinton takes Massachusetts. Blech.

I'm glad she won, but I'm a little surprised she pulled it off seeing that Obama got endorsements from Kennedy, Kerry, and Patrick.

What a slap in the face to those guys.

On the one hand, I should be happy if the Dems nominate Hillary. I think she's got a very low ceiling. On the other hand, I just detest her and am ready for the Clintons to ride off into retirement. The thought of her as president makes me want to retch.

I wouldn't say it was a slap in the face. Before those endorsements, Obama was only polling around 20-22% in Mass. I think he'll end up around 42-44% tonight which is a pretty good surge. I think Hillary is lucky Massachusetts was tonight instead of another week or two from now.

Keep in mind, most (if not all) the Democratic primaries proportion their delegates. The networks are fascinated with calling states but the real thing to watch is the delegate count.

The Repubs are little different - some of them are winner-take-all.

Yeah. They were pointing out that in many of the states Hillary is winning, she's not winning enough of the congressional districts to give her overwhelming delegate totals over Obama. Meanwhile, Obama is going to rack up in Georgia because of the size of the victory there. It's going to be interesting when Cali comes in.

She's crushing him in the Latino vote. He's only won among Latinos in one state -- getting 52% in IL.

Hispanics may propel her in CA.

Let's get an update of each candidates wins (projected):

Dems

Clinton: NY, NJ, MA, OK, TN, AR

Obama: GA, IL, AL, DE

Reps

McCain: NY, CT, IL, NJ, DE

Romney: MA

Huckabee: WV, AR, AL

Dems too close to call: MO, KS, ID, MN, ND

Reps too close to call: GA, TN, MO, MN, MT

She's crushing him in the Latino vote. He's only won among Latinos in one state -- getting 52% in IL.

Hispanics may propel her in CA.

Possibly, but he's making up ground there compared to a couple of weeks ago. And she's not winning the gender gap by very much and she's getting trounced among younger voters.

I'm not sure why they're calling Alabama for Huckabee yet. Right now actual poll results simply aren't jibing with exit polls. Anybody know which districts haven't reported yet?

Archived