What Does It Matter Whether Obama or Clinton Wins

LegalEagle

Actually, the way Rush, Laura and Glenn Beck are talking, I worry about McCain if he's elected--- from the wacky Right!

I honestly haven't been listening... Beck's had guest hosts the last couple of times I tuned in. What has he said?

Both Threshold and Regnery have published books by McCain critics. Beck has called him "more dangerous even than Hillary Clinton."

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jHurc83...uR8CQgD8ULMALO0

Which brings us back to John McCain. Even though the nomination is McCain’s to lose, that doesn’t mean he’s out of the woods yet. His biggest problem right now is the right-wing nutjobs with radio shows who despise him. These ultra-conservatives say McCain is not conservative enough. Some, such as Ann Coulter, Sean Hannity and Laura Ingraham, claim that they will actively support Hillary Clinton over McCain. CNN’s Glenn Beck said that he’d vote for Hillary over McCain. Rush Limbaugh himself has been helping to lead the crusade against McCain.

http://www.emorywheel.com/detail.php?n=25012

Wow. Scarry stuff.

BTW, how does someone stumble across Emory's Student Newspaper?

Google. I had seen Beck on some other show talking about it.

I know he is not a big fan of McCain. McCain-Feingold, McCain-Kennedy, his flopping on the tax cuts (something Beck is obvious a fan of) and I think maybe his stance on the border are issues that Beck and McCain are at odds about among others. I don't understand voting for Hillary over McCain, though.

McCain has had some key positions many on the Right disagree with. But folks who go ballistic over him perplex me. He's no less conservative than Ronald Reagan.

Man. I just don't get you guys. Yeah, I don't line up with McCain on lots of issues, especially immigration. But this attempt to depict McCain as a fifth column for the left tells me that you're all slightly unhinged--And maybe not even slightly. Or maybe you guys just uncritically swallow whatever baloney gets served up. Just remember, that a lot of the nonsense spewed forth about McCain is by his political opponents and people who have old scores to settle. When you pursue some degree of independence in thinking, that's going to happen.

Let me put it this way. Phil Gramm is firmly in McCain's camp, the savior of Reagan's economic reforms during the Clinton years. If Phil Gramm, with all his bona fides, thinks McCain can get it done, then that's all I need to know. What's more, John McCain was a harsh critic of Bush's extravagant spending plans over the past several years--which shows a much better grasp of the public mood and the Republican's true fiscal roots than the Bushbots.

Plus, at the very least, McCain demonstrated remarkable backbone a year ago when the surge was first couched when everybody, and I mean everybody was tilting in favor of bugging out from Iraq (I, for the record, still regard the entire occupation as a badly considered effort, poorly executed for the first four years, even if we salvage the situation). What does all this mean? That this belief that McCain is a closet liberal is a bizarre, paranoid fantasy cooked up by people who really have sailed us into some difficult straits, and want to maintain course.

So, no, the man isn't perfectly conforming with the odd statist mutation of conservatism that's cropped up from Bush and Company over the past several years. And, if you measure the hostile public mood, that's not a bad thing.

Which leads me to ask. Are you so needing ideological purity that you're willling to give up the White House and the Congressional Agenda for the next eight years, not to mention a couple of Supreme Court appointments, to have it? Because right now, the public is so desperate to change the political landscape that they'll choose Clinton and Obama, as well as the seismic shift in governmental philosophy that accompanies it. Which means the political wilderness is the last place you'll want to be.

Man. I just don't get you guys. Yeah, I don't line up with McCain on lots of issues, especially immigration. But this attempt to depict McCain as a fifth column for the left tells me that you're all slightly unhinged--And maybe not even slightly. Or maybe you guys just uncritically swallow whatever baloney gets served up. Just remember, that a lot of the nonsense spewed forth about McCain is by his political opponents and people who have old scores to settle. When you pursue some degree of independence in thinking, that's going to happen.

Let me put it this way. Phil Gramm is firmly in McCain's camp, the savior of Reagan's economic reforms during the Clinton years. If Phil Gramm, with all his bona fides, thinks McCain can get it done, then that's all I need to know. What's more, John McCain was a harsh critic of Bush's extravagant spending plans over the past several years--which shows a much better grasp of the public mood and the Republican's true fiscal roots than the Bushbots.

Plus, at the very least, McCain demonstrated remarkable backbone a year ago when the surge was first couched when everybody, and I mean everybody was tilting in favor of bugging out from Iraq (I, for the record, still regard the entire occupation as a badly considered effort, poorly executed for the first four years, even if we salvage the situation). What does all this mean? That this belief that McCain is a closet liberal is a bizarre, paranoid fantasy cooked up by people who really have sailed us into some difficult straits, and want to maintain course.

So, no, the man isn't perfectly conforming with the odd statist mutation of conservatism that's cropped up from Bush and Company over the past several years. And, if you measure the hostile public mood, that's not a bad thing.

Which leads me to ask. Are you so needing ideological purity that you're willling to give up the White House and the Congressional Agenda for the next eight years, not to mention a couple of Supreme Court appointments, to have it? Because right now, the public is so desperate to change the political landscape that they'll choose Clinton and Obama, as well as the seismic shift in governmental philosophy that accompanies it. Which means the political wilderness is the last place you'll want to be.

You know, we usually butt heads, but this is dead on. How can any republican or conservative even dream of voting dimocrat? Change for the sake of change is not always a good thing when it comes to running a country. McCain might just have enough credibility with both sides to actually get something going. But neither of the dim candidates have any credibility. I'm just dumbfounded at some of the supposedly conservatives on here. Like I said, vote dimocrat and claim dimocrat. But don't claim to be a conservative and vote for either of the 2 dim candidates. You will only show yourself in a bad light.

You know, we usually butt heads, but this is dead on. How can any republican or conservative even dream of voting dimocrat? Change for the sake of change is not always a good thing when it comes to running a country. McCain might just have enough credibility with both sides to actually get something going. But neither of the dim candidates have any credibility. I'm just dumbfounded at some of the supposedly conservatives on here. Like I said, vote dimocrat and claim dimocrat. But don't claim to be a conservative and vote for either of the 2 dim candidates. You will only show yourself in a bad light.

Someone needs to convey this to Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter. Both are unhinged at the moment.

Please do some research before you decide to make asinine statements, LE, Kthx!

What asinine statement, and where do you suggest I do the research on what my opinion is? :homer:

finish their first term. We had better have some great security if either of them is elected. The Radical Conservatives would seek to kill Clinton. Conservative radical white hate groups would seek to kill Obama.

Hey. I hope nothing like this happens, but I really think it will.

Your thoughts?

You're the only person with any common sense. I feel pretty certain Obama would endure multiple assasination attempts. Not so sure about Clinton. Stick a fork in the great American experiment once Obama is elected. The reason for this nation will no longer exist.

Please do some research before you decide to make asinine statements, LE, Kthx!

What asinine statement, and where do you suggest I do the research on what my opinion is? :homer:

Bryce?

finish their first term. We had better have some great security if either of them is elected. The Radical Conservatives would seek to kill Clinton. Conservative radical white hate groups would seek to kill Obama.

Your thoughts?

You're the only person with any common sense. I feel pretty certain Obama would endure multiple assasination attempts. Not so sure about Clinton. Stick a fork in the great American experiment once Obama is elected. The reason for this nation will no longer exist.

Hate speach.

Ahhh, Wishbone the Racist rears his ugly head again. Do you really want to have a vacation? A long permanent one? Just do this once more.

Ahhh, Wishbone the Racist rears his ugly head again. Do you really want to have a vacation? A long permanent one? Just do this once more.

Geez. A guy gets on here and mistakenly opines that I have common sense, then all of a sudden, he's accused of being a racist and threatened with banishment! :no:

The part where he can't tell me that ever again really, really hurts. PM me if you think I have enough sense to pour pee out of a boot. I hope my inbox doesn't explode with traffic. :blink:

Geez. A guy gets on here and mistakenly opines that I have common sense, then all of a sudden, he's accused of being a racist and threatened with banishment! :no:

The part where he can't tell me that ever again really, really hurts. PM me if you think I have enough sense to pour pee out of a boot. I hope my inbox doesn't explode with traffic. :blink:

I was referencing this lil nugget...

I was referencing this lil nugget...

Well, just because I didn't have enough common sense to figure that out doesn't mean I don't have tons of common sense in other areas! B)

BTW. I need a bigger mailbox. I may be more popular than the Beatles! ;)

What Does It Matter Whether Obama or Clinton Wins, If Either Is President I Don't Think They'll . . .finish their first term. We had better have some great security if either of them is elected. The Radical Conservatives would seek to kill Clinton. Conservative radical white hate groups would seek to kill Obama.

Your thoughts?

I think Obama will be safe. runinred63 will have his head stuck up Obama's ass and he will catch the first bullet.

What Does It Matter Whether Obama or Clinton Wins, If Either Is President I Don't Think They'll . . .finish their first term. We had better have some great security if either of them is elected. The Radical Conservatives would seek to kill Clinton. Conservative radical white hate groups would seek to kill Obama.

Your thoughts?

I think Obama will be safe. runinred63 will have his head stuck up Obama's ass and he will catch the first bullet.

What's wrong with his enthusiasm for Obama?

Your thoughts?

I never mentioned his enthusiasm did I?

You know, an interesting thing about the Obama/Clinton race in Birmingham. Over-the-mountain precincts, the one you would think would be the least likely of all to vote for a black candidate, voted about 2-1 for Obama over Clinton. Personally, I think if anybody would be in trouble, it would be Clinton.

You know, an interesting thing about the Obama/Clinton race in Birmingham. Over-the-mountain precincts, the one you would think would be the least likely of all to vote for a black candidate, voted about 2-1 for Obama over Clinton. Personally, I think if anybody would be in trouble, it would be Clinton.

That is something I noticed as well. It seems there are a lot of cross over votes who are voting more against Hillary than for Obama. It's hard to tell how many of those voters would normally vote Republican, but I think they are there.

Your thoughts?

I never mentioned his enthusiasm did I?

Well, you've called him "ObamaBoy," accused him of having his head up Obama's ass and of having "a deep crush" on him all because he seems pretty enthusiastic about Obama. So, what's wrong with his enthusiasm?

Archived