CHINA STARTS OIL DRILLING OFF FLORIDA

Bottomfeeder

"While the cats away, the mice will play."

CHINA STARTS OIL DRILLING OFF FLORIDA

WHILE AMERICA TWIDDLES THUMBS, CHINESE TAP BILLIONS OF BARRELS

While Washington dithers over exploiting oil and gas reserves off the coast of Florida, China has seized the opportunity to gobble up these deposits, which run throughout Latin America, the Caribbean and along the U.S. Gulf coast.

The Chinese have forged a deal with Cuban leader Fidel Castro to explore and tap into massive oil reserves almost within sight of Key West, Florida.

SLANT DRILLING

There are new reports out circulating that Chinese firms are planning to slant drill off the Cuban coast near the Florida Straits, tapping into U.S. oil reserves that are estimated at 4.6 billion to 9.3 billion barrels. This compares with 4 billion to 10 billion barrels believed to be beneath the Alaska National Wildlife Refuge, where drilling is held up in Congress due to the objections of environmental groups which warn of endangering caribou. Permission to drill in the refuge, which experts are certain will not present any environmental hazard, has failed by just two votes in the Senate.

http://www.americanfreepress.net/html/chin...l_drilling.html

Score one for the enviromentalist. At least we'll have a clear conscience when there's a major oil spill, that it wasn't OUR fault. Of course, if and until that happens, we've just let the world's next up and coming super power take our resources w/ out a single shot being fired.

Our men and women are dying in Iraq, and we won't drill off of Florida. We won't drill in ANWR.....

Folks, what sort of crazy is going on here ???

Cat's out of the bag now. Nice that we wanted to preserve the pristine waters , blah blah blah...but now those waters are being drilled, no need to hold back any longer. WTF are we waiting for ? WTH is wrong w/ Florida ?

I don't know, man. It seems ludicrous, to say the least. But China? I guess we owe them so much money that we are willing to turn a blind eye to looting of the nation treasures. Next, they'll be in ANWR drilling for oil. Uneffin' real.

Great!!! I just saw this and read the article and now my blood is boiling. :angryfire: What has happened to this nation? Have we became so weak that we have to be tolerant to everyone and let anyone have everything so that we don't offend them? :puke: Well we might as well help them set up some intelligence gathering equipment while we are at it.

I would think that if they are in international waters they can drill whatever they want. We hold no claim to that. If they are slant drilling to tap reserves that are inside our territorial waters, then that is stuff wars are made of and should be stopped immediately.

This is the madness of our energy and environmental policies.

I believe I heard that OPEC meets this week and they have no plans to increase production to ease prices. They are perfectly happy with the current situation.

Now what would happen if before they met, that we (the U.S.) voted to allow drilling in ANWR and the gulf. Just the knowledge of us being able to do this would impact oil prices downward in my opinion.

Band Aid.

Ultimately, you can't drill your way out of this problem.

Very true, but with the time it would take to do things to make us less dependent on oil, we have to do something. Unfortunately H'ville and Madison is pretty crowded in the mornings and I can't afford the price of housing in either city to eliminate the distance I have to drive and I burn a lot of fuel sitting in traffic every morning. I agree we need alternative energy sources, but that takes time, and we need to do something to help us out until we can get there.

Band Aid.

Signed,

OPEC

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Well drilling 8 - 15 years ago would have diminished todays problem big time. Drilling today will diminish the problems 8 - 15 years down the road.

Band Aid.

So, in other words we should just nothing but whine about gas prices and 'ridiculously' enormous profits the 'evil' oil companies are receiving. Oh, I forgot, alternative sources. Absolutely! Although, I think ethanol is a joke!

We need to be drilling off the coast of Fla and in Alaska. Also, most people don't realize this but there is more oil in the 48 states than all of the Middle East combined. But the so-called environmentalist will never allow us to drill for that.

One of the biggest problems I see will our fuel problems is that we haven't had a new refinery go on-line in more than 35 years! Once again, thank to the 'environmentalist'.

Band Aid.

Signed,

OPEC

Well drilling 8 - 15 years ago would have diminished todays problem big time. Drilling today will diminish the problems 8 - 15 years down the road.

But what about the snowy egress? Where will they poop if we take up their natural habitat? I'd rather just pay $5 a gallon, but know that a bird I will probably never see in my life has a natural undisturbed habitat.

Band Aid.

Signed,

OPEC

But what about the snowy egress? Where will they poop if we take up their natural habitat? I'd rather just pay $5 a gallon, but know that a bird I will probably never see in my life has a natural undisturbed habitat.

The birds will be safe because the environmentalists are also working on banning wind farms.

I've heard "experts" say that the problem with the ANWR is that we have waited too long. It would take like 15-20 years to get it going and get a substantial amount of oil out of there.

I've heard "experts" say that the problem with the ANWR is that we have waited too long. It would take like 15-20 years to get it going and get a substantial amount of oil out of there.

That is why I said this, "Well drilling 8 - 15 years ago would have diminished todays problem big time. Drilling today will diminish the problems 8 - 15 years down the road." Oil exploration is not easy or cheap. Once the fields are located and charted the drilling can begin after getting the equipment to wherever. Drilling in Alaska is also an ordeal in it's self with the short summers and hard winters. No matter what Algore says about global warming it's still cold as hell in Alaska in the winter. Then there has to be a way to get the crude to ports for transportation to refineries. Which means another pipeline. Which would entail innumerable lawsuits from Greenpeace, the Sierra Club and countless other environmental groups. Plus if you didn't know there is a dem congress so any drilling in ANWR is off the table. In fact the USGS cannot even explore for oil reserves off the coast of Wash, Oregon, Calif or Florida and most of the entire eastern seaboard.

The point these "experts" were making was that if we started the drilling movement in Alaska today it would very possibly be too late to help us avoid some really nasty consequences unless we come up with another solution for the short term. I should have said more in my first post. One guy called it "end game", by then.

Hopefully they were wrong, but our economy is largely built on the availibility of inexpensive fuel.

Archived