Another win for the good guys

RunInRed

The movement continues to build steam (let the Repubs continue to freak out about "change"..the end of the world is coming...yeah yeah yeah we know, yada yada)...

Foster wins a traditinal repub seat - a seat that former Speaker Dennis Hastert held for 20 years.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,336228,00.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnaGlxUUFv4...ays_bill_2.html

UPDATE: More from the Chicago Tribune...

In a stunning upset Saturday that could be a sign of trouble for Republicans this fall, a little-known Democratic physicist won the special election for a far west suburban congressional seat long held by former GOP House Speaker Dennis Hastert.

... The result also could be an omen for November, when two other Illinois congressional seats are up for grabs following Republican retirements, and Sen. Barack Obama could bring out a huge turnout if he's the Democratic presidential nominee.

"It tells me that voters are ready for a change. They want new leadership in Washington," said Sen. Dick Durbin.

... Obama called Foster to offer his congratulations late Saturday.

"By electing him to a traditionally Republican seat—a seat that former Speaker Dennis Hastert held for 20 years—the people of Illinois have sent an unmistakable message that they're tired of business-as-usual in Washington," Obama said in a statement.

i read where the winner ran with a decidedly liberal message as well. doesn't bode well for the republicans.

however, the republican candidate was evidently a loser anyway.

it'll be an interesting race to watch in the fall.

The GOP may have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.

When playing the Dems v. Repubs game there are no "Good Guys." I don't see this ever CHANGE-ing.

Nice triangulation.

:roflol:

I see we're using the term "good guys" very loosely these days.

Obama endorsed Foster as a candidate for change in Washington. Obama = defacto leader of the "movement" = good. Therfeore, Foster = good guy. IMO, of course. B)

now, if you can just win about 10 more seats and the presidency this upcoming cycle, maybe universal healthcare will be passed and all combat troops will be pulled out of Iraq.

Remind me again; how did that whole Pelosi led democrat congress thing work out for you dems?

From where I sit, the "movement" you dems are bragging about is nothing more than a courseless drift.

I see we're using the term "good guys" very loosely these days.

Obama endorsed Foster as a candidate for change in Washington. Obama = defacto leader of the "movement" = good. Therfeore, Foster = good guy. IMO, of course. B)

What movement is Obama the leader of ? Please clarify that, if ya can.

Archived