Political Prefernces

DKW 86

Please vote for the closest chouce you agree with.  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Social Security

• We will be just fine with no changes.
    • Only modest changes are needed.
    • We need to lower benefits and expectations
    • SS will be only gas money for those under 45.
    • We need dramatic and radical reform of SS today to save it.
  2. 2. Balanced Budget

• Deficits are small relative to GDP and are Okay
    • We need a Balanced Budget in the next 5-10 years.
    • We need a balanced Budget Amendment today.
  3. 3. Borders

• Open them up as recently proposed by Bush and the Democratic Congress
    • We need them better monitored.
    • We need them sealed and all immigration legal.

Please make points down here as well.

I think real SS reform, Balanced Budget Amendment, and Sealed Borders are a must. The quicker the better for all the nation.

The Budget isn't all that large, w/ respect to the GDP, but folks aren't use to seeing such huge numbers in dollar amuonts, it's causing a panic. Bush's expansion of Gov't spending, outside of the war in Iraq, is pure folly and piss poor managment. If anything is to be done away with, its the promies Bush made to spend that much $$ in the future. Do away not w/ the tax cuts, but his new entitlements!

The border must be sealed before any real illegal immigration reform can start.

SS: raise the cap to 250k - problem solved

Budget: Implement and enforce paygo

Immigration: Comprehensive Immigration Reform: seal the border with increased funding, resources, and technology - no fence; provide a safe and legal path to citzenship than includes illegals paying a fine, paying back taxes (if applicable), going to the back of the line and learning English; have the AG vicously pursue employers who employ illegal aliens...in essence, we need to be a nation of laws and immigrants

SS Reform? It needs to be done away with. The Feds need to get out of the retirement funding business. It's the biggest lie ever sold to American people. But I know that will never happen.

Balanced Budget: The size and scope of the Federal Gov't needs to reduced to do only the things that our Constitution requires. Cut out all the entitlements!

Immigration: If you cut out the entitlements, you will see illegals leave.

Social Security is only gas money for those under 45......If we are lucky, our wonderful congressional leaders (heavy sarcasm) can't seem to figure out that we need an overhaul of SS, so this is the choice that I believe is closet to how I feel. Thank the good lord for my 401K, the wife's retirement, and for an IRA that we have.

Balanced Budget: A little bit of a deficit doesn't bother me, we do need a more balanced budget, but at the same time we need to eliminate a buch of crap give-a-way programs and stop spending recklessly, (such as DNA study of grizzly bears)

Immigration:We need to secure the borders now! I am all in favor of building a border fence/wall whatever. If that is what it takes for to keep them out then so be it. If they want in, they can fill out the proper paper work, wait in line and do it the right way.

I have a serious problem with illegals, if left up to me, I would start a manhunt, round them up and ship them out. I just happen to receive a driving award form one of Alabama's finest (two years ago) and that I could go online and pay it. You have to provide your SSN to access the tickets then you have to click on them to pay. I noticed that I had two and when I called the courthouse to see what was going on it was brought to my attention that a Hispanic man was using my SSN. Now I used to think, cut them some slack, they are coming here to make a better life and that is what the American Dream is all about. After that ordeal and getting that all straightened out, I have little compassion for someone who is here illegally. If they want to be here make them do it legally!

Archived