Obama's Pastor

Tigermike

His current minister. Even more shocking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RLX_dmYKQk

Talk about an upgrade.

I thought it was a good message but I do have one question. When did saying Amen become an African American Tradition?

Late 1600s/Early 1700s.

Saying Amen became a tradition of the early church therefore it is a Christian tradition not a African American tradition. The word Amen is used many times throughout the Bible. In Hebrew and Greek it means so be it, or in modern terms I agree.

He didn't say it was exclusively an African-American tradition. You're really looking hard for something to pick at.

He didn't have to.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talk about an upgrade.

I thought it was a good message but I do have one question. When did saying Amen become an African American Tradition?

Late 1600s/Early 1700s.

Saying Amen became a tradition of the early church therefore it is a Christian tradition not a African American tradition. The word Amen is used many times throughout the Bible. In Hebrew and Greek it means so be it, or in modern terms I agree.

He didn't say it was exclusively an African-American tradition. You're really looking hard for something to pick at.

He didn't have to.

He didn't have to for you to take offense. Kinda racially hypersensitve, aren't you?

Talk about an upgrade.

Late 1600s/Early 1700s.

He didn't have to.

He didn't have to for you to take offense. Kinda racially hypersensitve, aren't you?

Look it doesn't offend me one bit. But if it was a white preacher in a predominately white church and he said that the use of the word Amen was a White American tradition he would be labeled a racist. The fact remains it is a Christian tradition and I don't understand why black and white people alike keep trying to take credit for everything in the Bible. I don't understand why they feel the need to insert race into everything.

I had a Pastor once who got caught doing the schurch secretary.I guess since I attended that church it makes me an adulterer.

I had a Pastor once who got caught doing the schurch secretary.I guess since I attended that church it makes me an adulterer.

Only if you had self-relations thinking about it.

You could say Obama is putting his money where his mouth isn't.

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Bill Bradley's anger management [Mark Steyn]

By the way, Jonah, Bradley's wrong: in today's political culture, it's not "easy to be angry" when a kook preacher tells his congregation "damn America". Community spokespersons pop up on TV to assure you that "it's a black thing" that the other 90 per cent of Americans don't get, and never can, and thus it would be racist even to try. Meanwhile, sophisticated white liberals of the Bradley ilk pass off explicit, toxic anti-Americanism as a kind of harmless alternative lifestyle - no different from, say, vegetarianism - that only redneck boors would be so vulgar as to get steamed up about.

In tight spots in the colonies a century back, Cecil Rhodes used to buck up his men by telling them that each had been an Englishman and therefore had won first prize in the lottery of life. Today, to be born an American is to win first prize in the lottery of life. One understands why that might not seem obvious to black people of a certain age: Condi Rice, for example, has childhood memories of a segregated south and racial violence. But that's what makes Obama's association with Wright so significant. He's not from Alabama. He's a biracial middle-class Kenyan-Kansan Hawaiian-born Indonesian-raised Columbia and Harvard graduate who chose to immerse himself in the most corrosive and paranoid end of a racial-grievance ghetto mentality that is nothing to do with him, his family or his upbringing. He doesn't have the same excuse as a Jackson, Sharpton or Farrakhan.

Why would he do such a thing? I wouldn't expose my kids to the four-letter ravings of Jeremiah Wright because I wouldn't want them to grow up loathing their country. I find it hard not to think less of a man who does.

link

hate.jpg

Obama set to deliver speech on race, Wright

Posted: 02:45 PM ET

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

Obama will deliver a speech on race and politics Tuesday.

PITTSBURGH, Pennsylvania (CNN) — Far from putting the controversial issue of race behind him, Barack Obama has decided to address the issue head on in a speech Tuesday.

"I am going to be talking not just about Reverend Wright, but the larger issue of race in this campaign — which has ramped up over the last couple of weeks," Obama told reporters in Monaca, Pennsylvania.

Obama's chief strategist David Axelrod characterized the speech, to be delivered in Philadelphia, as "a discussion on race and politics."

"Given the events of the last few weeks, Obama felt it was time to address the issue of race and politics directly, and what it means in our country," Axelrod said.

News of the speech comes days after the Illinois senator formally denounced controversial sermons delivered by his former minister and longtime friend, Jeremiah Wright. The racially-charged remarks came under fire after being the subject of an ABC News report last week.

Axelrod described the Illinois senator as "a force for reconciliation" and said he wants the opportunity "to put this into context."

Speaking with reporters, Obama said the media is portraying Wright inaccurately.

"I think the caricature that is being painted of him is not accurate, and so part of what I will do tomorrow is to talk about how these issues are perceived from within the black church community for example which I think skews this very differently."

She actually wasn't bad looking.

She actually wasn't bad looking.

:lol:

"America's Chickens are Coming Home to Roost"

546.jpg

Barack Obama and the Rev. Jeremiah Wright.

The http://www.abcnews.go.com/print?id=4443788 ]Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Jr.[/url]

of Chicago's Trinity United Church of Christ, and Barack Obama's pastor since 1988, told his congregation in a sermon on Sept. 16, 2001 that U.S. terrorism had precipitated Al-Qaeda's attack. "We bombed Hiroshima, we bombed Nagasaki, and we nuked far more than the thousands in New York and the Pentagon, and we never batted an eye. We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans, and now we are indignant because the stuff we have done overseas is now brought right back to our own front yards." Wright concluded that "America's chickens are coming home to roost."

That last phrase has a history.

On Dec. 1, 1963, immediately after the assassination of John F. Kennedy, the Nation of Islam leader Malcolm X responded to that event with the comment that, "Being an old farm boy myself, chickens coming home to roost never did make me sad; they've always made me glad," prompting the audience, according to a newspaper account, "to loud applause and laughter." When, shortly after, Malcolm X explained his comment in an interview with Louis Lomax his views closely anticipated Wright's:

I meant that the death of Kennedy was the result of a long line of violent acts, the culmination of hate and suspicion and doubt in this country. You see, Lomax, this country has allowed white people to kill and brutalize those they don't like. The assassination of Kennedy is a result of that way of life and thinking. The chickens came home to roost; that's all there is to it. America—at the death of the President—just reaped what it had been sowing

547.jpg

Malcolm X

Malcolm X's remark featured the next day in the NY Times

("MALCOLM X SCORES U.S. AND KENNEDY; Likens Slaying to ‘Chickens Coming Home to Roost'") and led not just to his being silenced by Elijah Muhammad, head of the Nation of Islam, but it contributed to Malcolm X being thrown out of the Nation of Islam altogether, and then to his becoming a normative Muslim. Through the decades, "chickens coming home to roost" became one of his most famous remarks; it featured prominently, for example, in the 1992 Spike Lee movie Malcolm X

There can be no doubt that Wright knows of the Malcolm X statement and, conscious or not, forty-five years later, chose to echo, repeat, and confirm it in the context of another new American tragedy. (2) In 1963, Malcolm X denigrated the president; in 2008, Jeremiah Wright is closely tied to a presidential candidate – not a sign of progress. (March 13, 2008)

http://www.danielpipes.org/

I had a Pastor once who got caught doing the church secretary.I guess since I attended that church it makes me an adulterer.

If he did it on the pulpit, with everyone watching (even cameras), and you STILL went to that church, AMEN'ed from the pew you were sitting in, and dropped your money in the collection plate afterward, then YES you are sending a big "That's alright with me" message to your pastor.

Furthermore, If your pastor was an adulterer and not called out on it, your friends were "swingers," and you had a few "lady friends" over to the house every Tuesday night, you'd better be prepared for people thinking YOU might not be sharing a bed with ONLY your wife.

Jus sayin'.

Everyone's missing the point. If you go to a church for 20 years then you share the same values as the congregation. In this case it turns out that Obama is a typical "I hate whitey". But go ahead and be a bunch of dumbasses and vote for him.

Well, you hate "blacky" so you really have no moral high horse to be pontificating from.

Besides, one could believe that Obama actually doesn't hold those views and take him at his word on it and still not vote for him for different reasons.

I can't help but to laugh when I think that a couple of weeks ago people were saying that Obama was faking it with his church, that he really only said he went there so people would think he is a Christian and help him in the polls and now all of a sudden he was there every week and believed every word the preacher said.

Which one is it? Was he there but he is really Muslim or does he buy everything the pastor said. You can't choose both in the same month.

Everyone's missing the point. If you go to a church for 20 years then you share the same values as the congregation. In this case it turns out that Obama is a typical "I hate whitey". But go ahead and be a bunch of dumbasses and vote for him.

Once you select a Church you become part of that Church.Friends,family members may go there.Sunday school classes,youth organizations.Active roles in the running of the Church.

Once you select a Church you become part of that Church.Friends,family members may go there.Sunday school classes,youth organizations.Active roles in the running of the Church.

But you don't allow your preacher to go off on rants like that unchecked. If my preacher starts preaching hate, he will be swiftly removed from his position. I have no doubts. I'd likely stick with the church, but NOT if the pastor stays on as leader. No one should turn a blind eye to this kind of hate from the pulpit.

There's a BIIIIIG difference between me hearing Grandma say the N-word, the family blushing, but still loving that crotchety old woman, and a man raving like a lunatic on a pulpit in front of hundreds. You can't just shrug off those comments as, "That's just Reverend being Reverend." If you do, you are being irresponsible as a congregation, OR you believe a portion of what is said. There's no middle ground.

That said, I thought Obama's flowery speech following this occurance hit the nail RIGHT on the head and was EXACTLY what 90% of Americans wanted to hear. Kudos to him on crafting a well-though-out, perfectly crafted speech. I hate that he has grown as a Christian under such a hate-filled man. Hopefully, his speech is actually what he believes, not just lip-service.

But you don't allow your preacher to go off on rants like that unchecked. If my preacher starts preaching hate, he will be swiftly removed from his position. I have no doubts. I'd likely stick with the church, but NOT if the pastor stays on as leader. No one should turn a blind eye to this kind of hate from the pulpit.

There's a BIIIIIG difference between me hearing Grandma say the N-word, the family blushing, but still loving that crotchety old woman, and a man raving like a lunatic on a pulpit in front of hundreds. You can't just shrug off those comments as, "That's just Reverend being Reverend." If you do, you are being irresponsible as a congregation, OR you believe a portion of what is said. There's no middle ground.

That said, I thought Obama's flowery speech following this occurance hit the nail RIGHT on the head and was EXACTLY what 90% of Americans wanted to hear. Kudos to him on crafting a well-though-out, perfectly crafted speech. I hate that he has grown as a Christian under such a hate-filled man. Hopefully, his speech is actually what he believes, not just lip-service.

Fortunately 90% of Americans will not hear his speech. Those on the bubble have, however, seen all the hubbub about his pastor. So here's to achmed plummeting in the poles. THis is just the first of many revelations to come. His true identity and empty-suitedness will shine through.

<yes. I just made up a new word>

aren't preachers usually held to a different standard? that's why whenever a preacher or a priest commits a crime or mouths off, there is more emphasis on their crime and words than an average person.

and why is it, he can remember his grandmother saying racial stuff a while back, but yet, has not heard his preacher say any racial stuff over the last 20 years?

his preacher doesn't mind profiting off the U.S.K.K.K. of A.

does Wright forgive whites for slavery and the other racist stuff in the past?

I had a Pastor once who got caught doing the church secretary.I guess since I attended that church it makes me an adulterer.

If he did it on the pulpit, with everyone watching (even cameras), and you STILL went to that church, AMEN'ed from the pew you were sitting in, and dropped your money in the collection plate afterward, then YES you are sending a big "That's alright with me" message to your pastor.

Furthermore, If your pastor was an adulterer and not called out on it, your friends were "swingers," and you had a few "lady friends" over to the house every Tuesday night, you'd better be prepared for people thinking YOU might not be sharing a bed with ONLY your wife.

Jus sayin'.

If he was doin it with people watchin and the camera on,then he would be like john holmes,and i wouldn't be in church.

Archived