How to fix Immigration

autiger4life

So I was listening to NPR the other day and I couldn't help but laugh. They were doing a story on low wage workers in Egypt. They interviewed a contractor, some citizens etc. They said the problem people are having is that Jordanians are coming over and taking all the low wage jobs. They said they come over illegally, sit at local gas stations and wait for someone to pick them up. The contractor said he hires them because they are cheap, don't have to deal with any legal paperwork, and can hire them one at a time. The Egyptians don't like them because they are taking jobs, are there illegally, and gawk at their women. The Jordanians said they came over because they can make more money and then send it home to their families. I found all of this very funny just how similar it all sounded.

The part that made me think was when the interviewer asked if he checked for papers he said, "No, whether they are legal or not is not my problem, that is the governments problem."

And there is the answer. We all know 99.9% of illegal immigrants come over to get jobs. Obviously the employers feel like it is not there problem and so they keep getting jobs. So, if we make it their problems, they stop hiring illegals, there aren't any jobs for illegals here, and they leave because there is nothing here for them. Problem solved. Now I personally am for helping more become legal because I think they are essential to our economy but I am not for illegal immigrants.

I know some states are trying to do stuff like this, it just seems that no one is really serious about it.

This whole,"they are taking away American jobs," is just b.s.They are taking jobs that Americans won't do.Having messed around in development, and many friends that are builders I can tell you this.They want to work.I don't have to go get them out of jail,I don't have to go pick them up because they "lost" their liscence,they won't take a lunch break,then not show back up.They actually get mad when it rains and show up anyway.I don't have to "loan" money on Wed,and then have them not show up onThrs and Fri.

How many of your wives lost their house cleaning jobs to Mexicans.How many of you lost your lettuce picking jobs to Mexicans.How many of you got laid off from the poultry cleaning plant because a Mexican took your job?

Not that the home building industry isn't going in the tank for a while anyway,but over the last 10 years we wouldn't have been able to beg enough Americans to come and build a house,lay sod,poor concrete.etc

The I-9 Form

The purpose of this form is to document that each new employee (both citizen and non-citizen) hired after November 6, 1986 is authorized to work in the United States.

All employers used to have to use I-9 Forms for all hires. If the govt would "JUST ENFORCE THE LAWS ON THE BOOKS" almost all this would quickly go away. Problem is that we have a govt that has no intention of enforcinig this or any other laws that exist now or will be written in the next 10 years. Ergo, we need the fence. You cant just refuse to enforce a fence. It is there 24/7/365 whether Washington wants it there or not.

arnaldoabru and all others with similar opinions.....what part of illegal don't you understand?

I understand feeding my family.If I would have been dependant on an American work force timber would not have been planted,people would have not had houses to move into,the guy down at the building supply place that sells me materials would not have had a job,the truck driver who delivered the materials would not have had a job,the sod farm where I bought sod could not have employed people,the companies who make wiring,plumbing, on and on....

Archived