Iraq War now at 4,000

arnaldoabru

Has the US mainland been attacked since the Taliban and Al Quada were defeated in Afganistan and Saddam and his bunch were defeated in Iraq?

Well, but to be fair, we have only had two foreign terroist attacks in the US in the last fifty years correct? I am talking about the terroist we are going after now. We had the car blow up in the early 90s and then 9/11, but it isn't like we were having an attack every day, every year, every five years, and only the last two decades we had one a decade so I don't think you can exactly point to the war and say, "See, we haven't had any more attacks. If the trend of one per decade continues then we wouldn't know that we had been successful until after 2010-2020.

I guess my thing is I don't think the war in Iraq is the same as the war on terror. I am all for the war on terror, I was not for the war on Iraq and I think the Bush admin misleas us by acting like they were one and the same.

I laugh at you.

There are things you don't know. You think you have the facts, but you don't. Kinda sounds like your obsession with achmed.

Look at the members by join date and then keep in mind that this is the next generation of the sight. Believe it or not, there was life before your youthful insights.

I guess I missed some prior discussion, so pardon my ignorance, but who is Achmed?

And judging by your joined date, you weren't either. How about this, when making these kinds of claims, just site your source.

As for my questions above...crickets...typical.

Just shows what you know. Before you spout, know your history. Some of us have been here a very long time.

Why don't you look it up? Dims predicted a devastating loss of life with an invasion into Iraq.

Those of us who have been around past the age of 12 know what has been said and what hasn't.

90,000 Iraqi civilian deaths,heard on radio today

I thought Air America was off the air?

Second answer this question: are we safer because of this war?

Has the US mainland been attacked since the Taliban and Al Quada were defeated in Afganistan and Saddam and his bunch were defeated in Iraq?

How many were lost in WWII? Vietnam? How many opposing forces have been killed or apprehended?

"Five years have gone by since that fateful decision. This war has now lasted longer than World War I, World War II, or the Civil War. Nearly four thousand Americans have given their lives. Thousands more have been wounded. Even under the best case scenarios, this war will cost American taxpayers well over a trillion dollars. And where are we for all of this sacrifice? We are less safe and less able to shape events abroad. We are divided at home, and our alliances around the world have been strained. The threats of a new century have roiled the waters of peace and stability, and yet America remains anchored in Iraq."

"Now we know what we’ll hear from those like John McCain who support open-ended war. They will argue that leaving Iraq is surrender. That we are emboldening the enemy. These are the mistaken and misleading arguments we hear from those who have failed to demonstrate how the war in Iraq has made us safer. Just yesterday, we heard Senator McCain confuse Sunni and Shiite, Iran and al Qaeda. Maybe that is why he voted to go to war with a country that had no al Qaeda ties. Maybe that is why he completely fails to understand that the war in Iraq has done more to embolden America’s enemies than any strategic choice that we have made in decades."

"The war in Iraq has emboldened Iran, which poses the greatest challenge to American interests in the Middle East in a generation, continuing its nuclear program and threatening our ally, Israel. Instead of the new Middle East we were promised, Hamas runs Gaza, Hizbollah flags fly from the rooftops in Sadr City, and Iran is handing out money left and right in southern Lebanon."

The war in Iraq has emboldened North Korea, which built new nuclear weapons and even tested one before the Administration finally went against its own rhetoric, and pursued diplomacy.

"The war in Iraq has emboldened the Taliban, which has rebuilt its strength since we took our eye off of Afghanistan."

"Above all, the war in Iraq has emboldened al Qaeda, whose recruitment has jumped and whose leadership enjoys a safe-haven in Pakistan - a thousand miles from Iraq."

"The central front in the war against terror is not Iraq, and it never was. What more could America’s enemies ask for than an endless war where they recruit new followers and try out new tactics on a battlefield so far from their base of operations? That is why my presidency will shift our focus. Rather than fight a war that does not need to be fought, we need to start fighting the battles that need to be won on the central front of the war against al Qaeda in Afghanistan and Pakistan."

So what is the dims time line for defeating world jihad sponsored by Islamofacist, murdering bastards? What is a time period that would be acceptable for you and your leftist dim buds?

Question 1. it was on 680 the Fan during one of the news blips

Question 2. prior to 9/11 the last terrorist attack on American soil was I believe the bombing of the World Trade Center.How time much in between.Prior to that I guess Oklahoma City(done by an American)

The most deadly attack prior to 9/11 against the U.S. would have been the Beruit Marine Barracks bombing(during a Republican President who "cut and ran")

Qustion 3. not even sure what you are asking

Considering we all bow down to the great Obama and pull every soldier out of Iraq and Afghanistan RIGHT NOW, who would you blame when the next terrorist attack happens on American soil? I have a feeling that somehow it would be blamed on George W.

Wanna also break into a discussion of how Clinton had several opportunities to capture, or better yet kill, Osama bin Laden and didn't, or would that be offending your one of your true American heroes?

I've never seen where Obama says getting out of Afgahnistan

I laugh at you.

There are things you don't know. You think you have the facts, but you don't. Kinda sounds like your obsession with achmed.

Look at the members by join date and then keep in mind that this is the next generation of the sight. Believe it or not, there was life before your youthful insights.

I guess I missed some prior discussion, so pardon my ignorance, but who is Achmed?

Sorry, achmed Obama. They won't let me use his middle name or osama to refer to him. So I refer to him as achmed. Reminds me that his extended family is muslim, dad, step-dad, cousins, etc..

I only do this because I am a typical white redneck racist.

Considering we all bow down to the great Obama and pull every soldier out of Iraq and Afghanistan RIGHT NOW, who would you blame when the next terrorist attack happens on American soil? I have a feeling that somehow it would be blamed on George W.

Wanna also break into a discussion of how Clinton had several opportunities to capture, or better yet kill, Osama bin Laden and didn't, or would that be offending your one of your true American heroes?

Okay, then we pull completely out of Iraq, but stay in Afgahnistan. Gee, I wonder where the terrorists will go. We have to stay in Iraq their government stabilizes a little more. Yes, we are the reason for the instability and yes, it needed to be done. If you don't think Saddam would be funneling money to or providing harbor for terrorists, you are a moron. There may be no direct financial link found between the two, but you can't believe for a second that everything was completely innocent before the invasion.

I laugh at you.

Sorry, achmed Obama. They won't let me use his middle name or osama to refer to him. So I refer to him as achmed. Reminds me that his extended family is muslim, dad, step-dad, cousins, etc..

I don't think you are typical.

It is a time to remember and honor our brave fighting men and women who entered into battle at the direction of the Commander in Chief. They made no decision about whether to go to war or where to go to war. Their country called, and they served, sacrificed and many died or were maimed. Their families have suffered great loss and our military and our countrymen also suffered their deaths and injuries. The politics of battle should play little part in this historic occasion. Lets pause to come together to honor their service and sacrifice.

It is a time to remember and honor our brave fighting men and women who entered into battle at the direction of the Commander in Chief. They made no decision about whether to go to war or where to go to war. Their country called, and they served, sacrificed and many died or were maimed. Their families have suffered great loss and our military and our countrymen also suffered their deaths and injuries. The politics of battle should play little part in this historic occasion. Lets pause to come together to honor their service and sacrifice.

As did the 27,000 wounded in action, and the others wounded out of action, who'll will have to live with it the rest of their lives.

When she began photographing, there were 1,000 wounded, she says. The number has risen to 27,000 to 28,000 wounded in action. Those numbers swell to 60,000 to 70,000 if those not wounded in action -- described in Berman's book as having incurred "combat support or non-hostile injuries," and therefore not eligible to receive a Purple Heart -- are included.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07250/815292-42.stm

To those I salute and apologize for err of our government and the commander-n-chief.

So, which would you choose between

1) living with a debilitating injury (including, but not limited to amputation/mutilation/disfigurement/blindness/scared from burns over the face, head and other areas of the body/losing your privates and your ability to have sexual intercourse)

2) or dying in combat?

These are the two choices, so choose wisely.

I laugh at you.

achmed says I am.

Okay, then we pull completely out of Iraq, but stay in Afgahnistan. Gee, I wonder where the terrorists will go. We have to stay in Iraq their government stabilizes a little more. Yes, we are the reason for the instability and yes, it needed to be done. If you don't think Saddam would be funneling money to or providing harbor for terrorists, you are a moron. There may be no direct financial link found between the two, but you can't believe for a second that everything was completely innocent before the invasion.

He wasn't,but were just morons,along with pretty much every expert,including the US government

I laugh at you.

achmed says I am.

This inner hatred that you have is not healthy.

The true cost of the Iraq War is only beginning to be recognized. Somewhere between the 50 billion dollar price tag and the Iraqi oil paying for the war, we getting stuck with a 3 trillion dollar war. This war can be blamed for the depression we are about to experience. Right now we can safely say recession, but later we'll refer to it as a depression.

The key to comprehending the true price of the Iraq war is not to be found in the budget numbers, because, as Stiglitz and Bilmes show, the upfront costs are only a fraction of the actual costs, in economic and human terms. Based on past wars, we can estimate that 40 percent of our soldiers will suffer from disabilities, as in the first Gulf War. This means providing lifelong healthcare for hundreds of thousands at a cost of $600 billion. Again, that's a conservative estimate – the real number is likely to be much higher. In addition, many of these disabled vets are eligible for, and will apply for, Social Security disability benefits, making impossible demands on an already bankrupt system.

Stiglitz and Bilmes estimate another $125 billion in hidden costs, but that's not the full price-tag: the economic effects of financing this war ripple outward, with the reverberations echoing down through the generations as the burden of a war funded entirely by debt – to the tune of some $800 billion – is passed down to our children and grandchildren.

http://antiwar.com/justin/?articleid=12572

I laugh at you.

achmed says I am.

This inner hatred that you have is not healthy.

I don't have hate. I just refuse to be scared of the labeling. I have hate about like achmed has hate. I don't even call it unity. I'm just a typical white person. Just like achmed said.

Archived