Attendance for Spring game

Bama My Heart

Just wondered if anyone knows the attendance figures for any of the Spring games that have been played. I may have just missed seeing it mentioned.

I know we will be critiqued this week-end. We will be made fun of if we have 92,000 again, and if we don't, it will be said that we have had enough of Coach Saban and don't have confidence in him as our coach. It will be said that this is his last year at Bama, because we didn't support him for our A game.

I stopped going to Spring games a few years back. Every year I used to make the drive and then leave disappointed. It's usually cold, they don't show much b/c of TV replays, and the drubs are usually in after the first few series. It almost kind of feels like being at a bad baseball game.

Back when I was student there it was something to do - sometimes the first chance of the season to see the ladies in their "spring getups" ;) Nowadays I find it as a glorified waste of a good Saturday.

I would predict you guys have about 50k. Another 92k and I'll really start to worry...I mean, there is really nothing to see and they are quite boring IMO. It has nothing to do with fan support.

I stopped going to Spring games a few years back. Every year I used to make the drive and then leave disappointed. It's usually cold, they don't show much b/c of TV replays, and the drubs are usually in after the first few series. It almost kind of feels like being at a bad baseball game.

Back when I was student there it was something to do - sometimes the first chance of the season to see the ladies in their "spring getups" ;) Nowadays I find it as a glorified waste of a good Saturday.

I would predict you guys have about 50k. Another 92k and I'll really start to worry...I mean, there is really nothing to see and they are quite boring IMO. It has nothing to do with fan support.

I agree, and I really can't see a lot from the spring game. It used to be nice when you could also get autographs and everything, but now with so many people, it is just not possible. Last year it was just a beautiful week-end, and it was something to do. I don't think that the weather will be as great this year, but I do think that we will have a good crowd. It will be better than it used to be, but not as big as last year.

I've watched other schools' spring games on CSS and just could not determine the size of the crowds, so I just wondered.

UGa had 19,874 according to their site. I've read MSU had around 9000. According to LSU's site, they had 33,624. I haven't seen anything on Vandy. I think those are the only SEC teams to have spring games so far.

92,000 attendees this year, and I'll donate my car and house to the University of Alabama "future recruits" fund!

AUBURNJAC

92,000 attendees this year, and I'll donate my car and house to the University of Alabama "future recruits" fund!

AUBURNJAC

Gee, that would be nice, but I really don't think that we will have that many. I do predict about 60,000, because they are really pushing it up here this week.

Just in case where is the house, and what model car?

uat can have all of those awards for "Spring game attendance".....

I would rather have SIX and looking for SEVEN.

So far for the new season Alabama has won:

National Championship for Recruitment

National Championship for Spring Game attendance

National Championship for Most Worthless Awards

I hope no one ever breaks the 92.000 record. That is on of the few undisputed real NCs bama has so let them enjoy it.

The Spring game, to me, isn't JUST about the Spring game...it's about going to Auburn to be with both of my families...the physical one...and my AU family. It's about saying WAR EAGLE to a stranger and getting the same reply...it's about going to eat...walking around in Toomer's and J&M...walking across campus to the staduim...all of those things. Then actually watching the "athleticism" of our guys...which is fun...vanilla as the schemes may be. The autographs and all, have always been great for the kids....

Anyway...that's my take on the Spring game.

:au::homer:

I know we will be critiqued this week-end. We will be made fun of if we have 92,000 again, and if we don't, it will be said that we have had enough of Coach Saban and don't have confidence in him as our coach. It will be said that this is his last year at Bama, because we didn't support him for our A game.

Well, of course! We're Auburn, you're Bama...why let reality interfere with any opportunity to criticize? :poke:;)

who cares , it's a spring game!!! spring games are probably the most boring sporting events to watch besides equestrian meets

Recruits do. There is a safety Alabama is going after in Miami, and this kid talked about the attendance at the A-Day game. It matters.

who cares , it's a spring game!!! spring games are probably the most boring sporting events to watch besides equestrian meets

Recruits do. There is a safety Alabama is going after in Miami, and this kid talked about the attendance at the A-Day game. It matters.

Was this from his jail cell???

spring games more than likely have a minimal effect on recruiting.

and watch your mouth dude, my dad is very proud of his 2006 Equestrian National Championship ring. ;)

and i totally boffed this post.

UGa had 19,874 according to their site. I've read MSU had around 9000. According to LSU's site, they had 33,624. I haven't seen anything on Vandy. I think those are the only SEC teams to have spring games so far.

Where did you read that UGA had 20k? I thought I had read we were closer to 40k

FYI, you are probably 100% correct....I just want to see to it

Where did you read that UGA had 20k? I thought I had read we were closer to 40k

FYI, you are probably 100% correct....I just want to see to it

from uga's site

The University of Georgia football team held its annual G-Day spring game Saturday, April 5, at Sanford Stadium. The Red team, representing the first-team offense and second-team defense, defeated the Black team by a 17-3 score. Despite the rain, the game drew a crowd of 19,874 and benefited the Interfaith Hospitality Network of Athens.

Man, all that matters to the kids looking at coming to uat, is who is going to donate that new car or give them a good firm handshake ;)

Other recruits just want to be able to play and win lots of games, maybe meet some cute coeds on the way.

Man, all that matters to the kids looking at coming to uat, is who is going to donate that new car or give them a good Law Firm handshake ;)

Other recruits just want to be able to play and win lots of games, maybe meet some cute coeds on the way.

Fix that for ya.

Archived