Saban to use a video conference to combat the new "Saban Rule, brought to you by Tommy Tuberville" rule.....

Legionfield

It is a phone call, just like the Tubby rule says. Hey, :homer: what can you do??? He is always a step ahead......lol........... :thumbsup: Recruit, CNS, recruit!!!

Link... Not that I doubt it... I will admit smart thinking...

CTT in '04 went to Pelham High School to "chat" with Montez Billings. He had a middle man and had his back turned to Montez the whole time... Told the middle man to tell Montez congrats on winning the state championship in a track meet and so on...

There are always ways around rules.

Link... Not that I doubt it... I will admit smart thinking...

CTT in '04 went to Pelham High School to "chat" with Montez Billings. He had a middle man and had his back turned to Montez the whole time... Told the middle man to tell Montez congrats on winning the state championship in a track meet and so on...

There are always ways around rules.

Sorry, I got if off of a pay site. I don't think I can link it............. B)

Sorry, I got if off of a pay site. I don't think I can link it............. B)

You can link it, just not copy & paste.

That is a smart move, but my question would be do all of the high schools have videoconferencing equipment? Are you talking a chat using simple webcams on the internet or actually making video conference? If it's a video conference, there is usually a significant cost in both equipment and the call itself. I'm assuming SPUAT would pick up the tab for the call itself, but you are probably getting into a gray area if they provide the equipment (which I don't think a public high school would be able to afford if it is not already in place).

That is a smart move, but my question would be do all of the high schools have videoconferencing equipment? Are you talking a chat using simple webcams on the internet or actually making video conference? If it's a video conference, there is usually a significant cost in both equipment and the call itself. I'm assuming SPUAT would pick up the tab for the call itself, but you are probably getting into a gray area if they provide the equipment (which I don't think a public high school would be able to afford if it is not already in place).

I would bet all the Mobile Area Schools will have it soon though.

If the coaches aren't supposed to visit the schools or contact the recruits, don't you think Saban is just walking into a huge self made problem with this idea? He is under substantial scrutiny.

I am sure what he can gain from the effort can't honestly be beneficial enough to outweigh NCAA investigations.

I would bet all the Mobile Area Schools will have it soon though.

they will lay off as many teachers required to get it

Not surprising

Saban is IMO the hardest working recruiter in not only the SEC but the country

He is a maniac that won't stop all year long and goes at it 110% when he does do it AND expects all other coaches to do the same

Not surprising

He is a maniac that won't stop all year long and goes at it 110% when he does do it AND expects all other coaches to do the same

I don't think anyone really questions how much work, time, and energy Saban puts into his recruiting. I think the question is how far does he push the envelope of legality? (...encouraged, perhaps, by crimson pachyderms?) [but let me add...I have no personal evidence of anything over the edge, just the same rumors we all see on the internet.]

The NCAA is alot like OSHA...skirt the rules but be technically correct on one subject and they will bust you for something else. It's like he is trying to piss off the NCAA. If they start snooping around you better be ready!

Other than that, have at it Nicky!

Not surprising

I don't think anyone really questions how much work, time, and energy Saban puts into his recruiting. I think the question is how far does he push the envelope of legality? (...encouraged, perhaps, by crimson pachyderms?) [but let me add...I have no personal evidence of anything over the edge, just the same rumors we all see on the internet.]

Saban doesn't make many friends outside of his recruits

His comments to Richt at last year's SEC Coaches Conference is typical Nick and the fact that he pissed off Richt was shocking considering Richt rarely gets annoyed at others comments.

Point being, if Nick is breaking the rules consistently, I think he will get turned in by coaches and they will either deem it legal OR put a foot down on him doing it if illegal

Nick won't have much breathing room, imo

This is just another typical bammer attempt to evade the rules. It will get slapped down just like the Gridiron Bash/ Alan Jackson concert attempt at cheating did. When will they ever learn?

Legionfield, has Mal Moore sent you your concert ticket refund yet?

Not surprising

Saban doesn't make many friends outside of his recruits

His comments to Richt at last year's SEC Coaches Conference is typical Nick and the fact that he pissed off Richt was shocking considering Richt rarely gets annoyed at others comments.

Point being, if Nick is breaking the rules consistently, I think he will get turned in by coaches and they will either deem it legal OR put a foot down on him doing it if illegal

Nick won't have much breathing room, imo

What did Saban say to Richt at Media Days? Was it the line about how he saw some UGA players in an Athens bar? If so, then Richt needs to chill out. That's not an offensive comment by any stretch of the imagination. I think Richt's a great coach and an overall nice guy, but he must have a whiny side to his personality.

Lets hope Meyer isn't as tender footed as Richt. I think many would agree that he could have a legit reason to be dislike him... and #77.

This is just another typical bammer attempt to evade the rules. It will get slapped down just like the Gridiron Bash/ Alan Jackson concert attempt at cheating did. When will they ever learn?

You better tell that to about 15 other schools.

The event will be back in Tuscaloosa in the fall, by the way.

I guess them wanting to set something up for the Iron Bowl is us cheating too. You are not bright.

What did Saban say to Richt at Media Days? Was it the line about how he saw some UGA players in an Athens bar? If so, then Richt needs to chill out. That's not an offensive comment by any stretch of the imagination. I think Richt's a great coach and an overall nice guy, but he must have a whiny side to his personality

Nothing whiny about him. In fact, he is quite the opposite which shows how rude Saban's comments were.

Though the internet has reported it as Saban just walking by saying it, I have heard it was a little more joking by Saban about the UGA players and it was just out of nowhere followed by Saban walking off with little intent at talking to Richt

Having known PLENTY of people that have dealt with Saban on a daily basis, I can see Saban saying it and what he meant by it.

I guess them wanting to set something up for the Iron Bowl is us cheating too. You are not bright.

Set it up for the Iron Bowl, get it canceled again. Suits me, but y'all sure are slow learners if you do that.

Set it up for the Iron Bowl, get it canceled again. Suits me, but y'all sure are slow learners if you do that.

Sooooo you are not for a group trying to make the Iron Bowl bigger? You are not bright.

Wonder if that is what Tennstud's call from the NCAA guy was all about? :poke:

if the NCAA guy needs help reading their own rules, then thats pretty sad.

http://www1.ncaa.org/membership/membership...08/football.pdf

Telephone Calls

All electronically transmitted human voice exchange (including videoconferencing and videophones) shall be considered telephone calls. All electronically transmitted correspondence (e.g., electronic

mail, Instant Messenger, facsimiles, pages, text messaging) shall not be considered telephone calls (see NCAA Bylaw 13.4.1).

it is also not against the rules for Cignetti to leave behind a web address to sign on to the video conference either, which is what happened (see http://www.al.com/birminghamnews/stories/i...xml&coll=2. he never even made face to face contact with the kid.

Archived