Is anyone surprised that Bama had nobody drafted? I'm not......

Legionfield

That is what we "Bammers" tried to tell you last year. We have NO talent.....and the NFL agrees. This year's recruiting class is the first step in the dreaded "Process" and it will take a couple of years to upgrade the talent gap that Shula created. No surprise here. We have known for a couple of years that we have no talent. Guess what.....it is not getting any better this year. If we can have some of the true freshmen provide immediate help, we might get 8-9 wins. Otherwise, it will be another Christmas in Shreveport......... B)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a tired excuse.

Bama has talent. They've had talent. The coaching has just been poor. I'm not sure what this draft says about Saban, either. Either he couldn't coach up the talented players he had, or he didn't give them the time of day because he only cared about his recruits.

That is what we "Bammers" tried to tell you last year. We have NO talent.....and the NFL agrees.

:roflol:

Riiiiiight.

I neeeeever heard a bammer (you included) tout DJ Hall, Simeon Castille, or Wallace Gilberry as a world beater...

We get it. Saban's the scapegoat. You know, the guy who recruited these aforementioned all-important highly ranked recruits. Wonderkid Saban really coached them to their full potential their Senior year...

This will certainly set you up for 'Cruitin Champeenship '09.

"Come to Bama. Where we recruit top talent and digest them into turds that no NFL team wants. You have a better chance making it to the NFL through an upper tier D-II school."

I would have thought Gilberry, Hall, Castille, would have been drafted. Maybe late, but at least drafted. Especially Gilberry. But it did seem he looked better as a Soph & Jr than his Sr year. Did he have any nagging injuries?

What a tired excuse.

Bama has talent. They've had talent. The coaching has just been poor. I'm not sure what this draft says about Saban, either. Either he couldn't coach up the talented players he had, or he didn't give them the time of day because he only cared about his recruits.

There could be something to that.

That is what we "Bammers" tried to tell you last year. We have NO talent.....and the NFL agrees.

Actually most of the Bammers last year during the early part of the year were excited that with a new coach and a cubbard full of ALL SEC players you guys were going to make an impact. Preseason reports were that you had a great offense and a moderate defense. It wasn't until around, say, I don't know.... LOSING TO LA MANROE that the talent sway from MOST bama fans began.

Up until the last minutes of the LSU game there wasn't a bama fan I knew that wasn't thinking they had a shot at the SEC last year. Then the LSU loss prompted numerous angry fans about JPW and bad officiating. Then LA Monroe happened and the Spin began.

All of a sudden the talent there was full of thugs and punks who couldn't play a lick of football.

Bama fans spin more than most Politicians. It depends on how good the team is doing to see what the spin is that day.

Now that Saban is here its that there is no talent on the field at all and Sabans got to recruit some. Character issues held back many bammers in the draft, maybe Saban should coach up the players to be good men rather than great players and lackluster humans.

Sorry, the Spin just gets so old, its like trying to wrestle a greased pig.

Riiiiiight.

I neeeeever heard a bammer (you included) tout DJ Hall, Simeon Castille, or Wallace Gilberry as a world beater...

We get it. Saban's the scapegoat. You know, the guy who recruited these aforementioned all-important highly ranked recruits. Wonderkid Saban really coached them to their full potential their Senior year...

"Come to Bama. Where we recruit top talent and digest them into turds that no NFL team wants. You have a better chance making it to the NFL through an upper tier D-II school."

none of the three guys you mentioned were "highly ranked recruits". at least i don't think 3* guys are "highly ranked"......jmo.

Actually most of the Bammers last year during the early part of the year were excited that with a new coach and a cubbard full of ALL SEC players you guys were going to make an impact. Preseason reports were that you had a great offense and a moderate defense. It wasn't until around, say, I don't know.... LOSING TO LA MANROE that the talent sway from MOST bama fans began.

Up until the last minutes of the LSU game there wasn't a bama fan I knew that wasn't thinking they had a shot at the SEC last year. Then the LSU loss prompted numerous angry fans about JPW and bad officiating. Then LA Monroe happened and the Spin began.

All of a sudden the talent there was full of thugs and punks who couldn't play a lick of football.

Bama fans spin more than most Politicians. It depends on how good the team is doing to see what the spin is that day.

Now that Saban is here its that there is no talent on the field at all and Sabans got to recruit some. Character issues held back many bammers in the draft, maybe Saban should coach up the players to be good men rather than great players and lackluster humans.

Sorry, the Spin just gets so old, its like trying to wrestle a greased pig.

Perhaps it took us that long to figure out that we had NO talent...... ;)

Riiiiiight.

none of the three guys you mentioned were "highly ranked recruits". at least i don't think 3* guys are "highly ranked"......jmo.

What he said.....

Riiiiiight.

Man, I have never touted any of our players since Shaun Alexander left. I have come crashing down to reality over the last 10 or so years. When Stallings was the coach, I thought we would win every game. Now, I just hope we are competitive and can pull out a winning record. Oh the Dubose, Franchione, Price, Shula debacle...............it has taken its toll. :puke:

That is what we "Bammers" tried to tell you last year. We have NO talent.....and the NFL agrees. This year's recruiting class is the first step in the dreaded "Process" and it will take a couple of years to upgrade the talent gap that Shula created. No surprise here. We have known for a couple of years that we have no talent. Guess what.....it is not getting any better this year. If we can have some of the true freshmen provide immediate help, we might get 8-9 wins. Otherwise, it will be another Christmas in Shreveport......... B)

But, but, but, wait, there was at least one uater here touting how great a recruiter shula was when he was at the crapper. How he would find players before even the recruiting services knew about them, etc.. Now, you have no talent? Interesting double talk.

Legion field is correct.....no talent the UAT squad.

2007 SEC COACHES PRE-SEASON ALL-SEC FOOTBALL TEAM

Pos. Name School Ht. Wt. Cl. Hometown

FIRST-TEAM ALL-SEC -- OFFENSE

TE Jacob Tamme Kentucky 6-5 240 Sr. Danville, Ky.

OL Will Arnold LSU 6-4 319 Sr. Gloster, Miss.

OL Michael Oher Ole Miss 6-5 325 Jr. Memphis, Tenn.

OL Drew Miller Florida 6-5 297 Sr. Sarasota, Fla.

OL Chris Williams Vanderbilt 6-6 320 Sr. Glynn, La.

C Jonathan Luigs Arkansas 6-4 307 Jr. Little Rock, Ark.

WR Earl Bennett Vanderbilt 6-1 202 Jr. Birmingham, Ala.

WR Early Doucet LSU 6-0 207 Sr. St. Martinville, La.

QB Andre' Woodson Kentucky 6-5 230 Sr. Radcliff, Ky.

#RB Darren McFadden Arkansas 6-2 215 Jr. Little Rock, Ark.

RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis Ole Miss 5-11 225 Sr. New Orleans, La.

SECOND-TEAM ALL-SEC -- OFFENSE

TE Andy Boyd South Carolina 6-4 267 Sr. Concord, N.C.

OL Phil Trautwein Florida 6-6 298 Sr. Voorhees, N.J.

OL Robert Felton Arkansas 6-4 328 Sr. Houston, Texas

OL Andre Smith Alabama 6-4 348 So. Birmingham, Ala.

OL Brian Stamper Vanderbilt 6-4 300 Sr. Windermere, Fla.

*C Antoine Caldwell Alabama 6-4 288 Jr. Montgomery, Ala.

*C Brett Helms LSU 6-2 283 Jr. Stuttgart, Ark.

WR Marcus Monk Arkansas 6-6 220 Sr. Lepanto, Ark.

WR Keenan Burton Kentucky 6-2 195 Sr. Louisville, Ky.

QB Erik Ainge Tennessee 6-6 220 Sr. Hillsboro, Ore.

RB Felix Jones Arkansas 6-0 207 Jr. Tulsa, Okla.

RB LaMarcus Coker Tennessee 5-11 205 So. Antioch, Tenn.

THIRD-TEAM ALL-SEC -- OFFENSE

TE Ben Cleveland Arkansas 6-4 250 So. Springdale, Ark.

OL Ciron Black LSU 6-5 314 So. Tyler, Texas

OL King Dunlap Auburn 6-8 312 Sr. Brentwood, Tenn.

OL Anthony Parker Tennessee 6-3 305 Jr. Jonesboro, Ga.

OL Herman Johnson LSU 6-7 351 Jr. Denton, Texas

*C Royce Blackledge Miss. State 6-4 293 Sr. Sandersville, Miss.

*C Fernando Velasco Georgia 6-4 328 Sr. Wrens, Ga.

WR Percy Harvin Florida 5-11 181 So. Virginia Beach, Va.

WR Andre Caldwell Florida 6-0 198 Sr. Tampa, Fla.

QB Chris Nicksion Vanderbilt 6-1 210 Jr. Brundidge, Ala.

*RB Brad Lester Auburn 5-11 194 Jr. Lilburn, Ga.

*RB Cory Boyd South Carolina 6-1 214 Sr. Orange, N.J.

*RB Rafael Little Kentucky 5-10 195 Sr. Anderson, S.C.

FIRST-TEAM ALL-SEC -- DEFENSE

DL Glenn Dorsey LSU 6-2 299 Sr. Gonzales, La.

DL Quentin Groves Auburn 6-3 254 Sr. Greenville, Miss.

DL Derrick Harvey Florida 6-4 245 Jr. Greenbelt, Md.

LB Ali Highsmith LSU 6-1 226 Sr. Miami, Fla.

LB Jonathan Goff Vanderbilt 6-4 235 Sr. Lynn, Mass.

LB Jasper Brinkley South Carolina 6-2 262 Sr. Thomson, Ga.

LB Jerod Mayo Tennessee 6-2 230 Jr. Hampton, Va.

DB Simeon Castille Alabama 6-1 189 Sr. Birmingham, Ala.

DB Jonathan Hefney Tennessee 5-9 185 Sr. Rock Hill, S.C.

DB Chevis Jackson LSU 6-0 190 Sr. Mobile, Ala.

DB Derek Pegues Miss. State 5-10 196 Jr. Batesville, Miss.

SECOND-TEAM ALL-SEC -- DEFENSE

DL Titus Brown Miss. State 6-3 250 Sr. Tuscaloosa, Ala.

DL Tyson Jackson LSU 6-5 292 Jr. Edgard, La.

DL Antwain Robinson Arkansas 6-2 255 Jr. Little Rock, Ark.

LB Wesley Woodyard Kentucky 6-1 212 Sr. LaGrange, Ga.

LB Prince Hall Alabama 5-11 255 So. Moreno Valley, Calif.

LB Darry Beckwith LSU 6-1 232 Jr. Baton Rouge, La.

LB Brandon Miller Georgia 6-4 257 Sr. Colquitt, Ga.

DB Tony Joiner Florida 5-11 217 Sr. Haines City, Fla.

DB Jonathan Zenon LSU 6-0 176 Sr. Breaux Bridge, La.

DB Jonathan Wilhite Auburn 5-11 185 Sr. Monroe, La.

DB Kelin Johnson Georgia 6-1 194 Sr. Daytona Beach, Fla.

THIRD-TEAM ALL-SEC -- DEFENSE

DL Wallace Gilberry Alabama 6-4 264 Sr. Bay Minette, Ala.

DL Josh Thompson Auburn 6-0 301 Sr. Statesboro, Ga.

*DL Casper Brinkley South Carolina 6-2 257 Sr. Thomson, Ga.

*DL Marcus Harrison Arkansas 6-3 307 Sr. Little Rock, Ark.

LB Tray Blackmon Auburn 6-0 223 So. LaGrange, Ga.

LB Weston Dacus Arkansas 6-2 230 Sr. Searcy, Ark.

LB Jamar Chaney Miss. State 6-1 236 Jr. Fort Pierce, Fla.

LB Freddie Fairchild Arkansas 6-3 220 So. Little Rock, Ark.

DB Craig Steltz LSU 6-2 204 Sr. New Orleans, La.

DB Eric Brock Auburn 6-1 209 Sr. Alexander City, Ala.

*DB Patrick Lee Auburn 6-0 201 Sr. Miami, Fla.

*DB Jamarca Sanford Ole Miss 5-10 200 Jr. Batesville, Miss.

*DB Matt Hewitt Arkansas 6-3 215 Sr. Englewood, N.J.

FIRST-TEAM ALL-SEC -- SPECIAL TEAMS

PK Brandon Coutu Georgia 6-0 200 Sr. Lawrenceville, Ga.

P Britton Colquitt Tennessee 6-3 205 Jr. Knoxville, Tenn.

RS Mikey Henderson Georgia 5-10 150 Sr. Buford, Ga.

SECOND-TEAM ALL-SEC -- SPECIAL TEAMS

PK Ryan Succop South Carolina 6-2 213 Jr. Hickory, N.C.

P Ryan Succop South Carolina 6-2 213 Jr. Hickory, N.C.

RS Felix Jones Arkansas 6-0 207 Jr. Tulsa, Okla.

2007 ALL-SEC FOOTBALL TEAM

(*-Ties / #-Unanimous Selection) (Coaches could not vote for their own players)

Pos. Name School Ht. Wt. Cl. Hometown

FIRST-TEAM ALL-SEC -- OFFENSE

TE Jacob Tamme Kentucky 6-5 240 Sr. Danville, Ky.

OL Robert Felton Arkansas 6-4 320 Sr. Houston, Texas

OL Andre Smith Alabama 6-4 348 So. Birmingham, Ala.

OL Anthony Parker Tennessee 6-3 305 Jr. Jonesboro, Ga.

OL *Herman Johnson LSU 6-7 356 Jr. Olla, La.

OL *Michael Oher Ole Miss 6-5 325 Jr. Memphis, Tenn.

OL *Chris Williams Vanderbilt 6-6 320 Sr. Glynn, La.

C Jonathan Luigs Arkansas 6-4 315 Jr. Little Rock, Ark.

WR Kenny McKinley South Carolina 6-0 177 Jr. Mableton, Ga.

WR Earl Bennett Vanderbilt 6-1 202 Jr. Birmingham, Ala.

QB Tim Tebow Florida 6-3 235 So. Jacksonville, Fla.

RB # Darren McFadden Arkansas 6-2 215 Jr. Little Rock, Ark.

RB Knowshon Moreno Georgia 5-11 207 Fr. Belford, N.J.

SECOND-TEAM ALL-SEC -- OFFENSE

TE Cornelius Ingram Florida 6-4 230 Jr. Hawthorne, Fla.

OL Carlton Medder Florida 6-5 319 Sr. Clermont, Fla.

OL Michael Brown Mississippi State 6-5 300 Jr. College Park, Ga.

OL *Ciron Black LSU 6-5 320 So. Tyler, Texas

OL *Antoine Caldwell Alabama 6-4 288 Jr. Montgomery, Ala.

OL *Nate Garner Arkansas 6-7 318 Sr. Roland, Ark.

OL *Mitch Petrus Arkansas 6-4 300 Jr. Carlisle, Ark.

OL *Jim Tartt Florida 6-3 316 Jr. Sopchoppy, Fla.

OL *Garry Williams Kentucky 6-4 325 Jr. Louisville, Ky.

C Fernando Velasco Georgia 6-4 318 Sr. Wrens, Ga.

WR Percy Harvin Florida 5-11 187 So. Virginia Beach, Va.

WR DJ Hall Alabama 6-3 186 Sr. Ft. Walton Beach, Fla.

QB Andre' Woodson Kentucky 6-5 230 Sr. Radcliff, Ky.

RB Felix Jones Arkansas 6-0 207 Jr. Tulsa, Okla.

RB Jacob Hester LSU 6-0 228 Sr. Shreveport, La.

FIRST-TEAM ALL-SEC -- DEFENSE

DL # Glenn Dorsey LSU 6-2 303 Sr. Gonzales, La.

DL Wallace Gilberry Alabama 6-4 264 Sr. Bay Minette, Ala.

DL *Quentin Groves Auburn 6-3 254 Sr. Greenville, Miss.

DL *Greg Hardy Ole Miss 6-5 255 So. Millington, Tenn.

DL *Eric Norwood South Carolina 6-0 258 So. Acworth, Ga.

LB # Ali Highsmith LSU 6-1 225 Sr. Miami, Fla.

LB # Wesley Woodyard Kentucky 6-1 212 Sr. LaGrange, Ga.

LB Jerod Mayo Tennessee 6-2 230 Jr. Hampton, Va.

LB Brandon Spikes Florida 6-3 243 So. Shelby, N.C.

DB # Craig Steltz LSU 6-2 209 Sr. New Orleans, La.

DB Chevis Jackson LSU 6-0 184 Sr. Mobile, Ala.

DB * Simeon Castille Alabama 6-1 189 Sr. Birmingham, Ala.

DB * Rashad Johnson Alabama 6-0 186 Jr. Sulligent, Ala.

DB * Jonathan Hefney Tennessee 5-9 185 Sr. Rock Hill, S.C.

DB * Captain Munnerlyn South Carolina 5-9 180 So. Mobile, Ala.

SECOND-TEAM ALL-SEC -- DEFENSE

DL Titus Brown Mississippi State 6-3 250 Sr. Tuscaloosa, Ala.

DL Derrick Harvey Florida 6-4 262 Jr. Greenbelt, Md.

DL Jeremy Jarmon Kentucky 6-3 268 So. Collierville, Tenn.

LB Jonathan Goff Vanderbilt 6-4 235 Sr. Lynn, Mass.

LB Rico McCoy Tennessee 6-1 215 So. Washington, D.C.

LB Darry Beckwith LSU 6-1 230 Jr. Baton Rouge, La.

LB *Jamar Chaney Mississippi State 6-1 236 Jr. Fort Pierce, Fla.

LB *Dannell Ellerbe Georgia 6-1 232 Jr. Hamlet, N.C.

DB D.J. Moore Vanderbilt 5-10 180 So. Spartanburg, S.C.

DB Emanuel Cook South Carolina 5-11 211 So. Riviera Beach, Fla.

DB Michael Grant Arkansas 5-11 186 Sr. Stone Mountain, Ga.

DB *Eric Berry Tennessee 5-11 195 Fr. Fairburn, Ga.

DB *Derek Pegues Mississippi State 5-10 196 Jr. Batesville, Miss.

FIRST-TEAM ALL-SEC -- SPECIAL TEAMS

PK Colt David LSU 5-9 173 Jr. Grapevine, Texas

P Patrick Fisher LSU 6-5 238 Sr. Hyattsville, Md.

RS Felix Jones Arkansas 6-0 207 Jr. Tulsa, Okla.

SECOND-TEAM ALL-SEC -- SPECIAL TEAMS

PK Daniel Lincoln Tennessee 6-0 204 Fr. Ocala, Fla.

P *Britton Colquitt Tennessee 6-3 205 Jr. Knoxville, Tenn.

P *Ryan Shoemaker Auburn 6-0 188 Fr. Birmingham, Ala.

RS Brandon James Florida 5-6 181 So. St. Augustine, Fla.

But, but, but, wait, there was at least one uater here touting how great a recruiter shula was when he was at the crapper. How he would find players before even the recruiting services knew about them, etc.. Now, you have no talent? Interesting double talk.

so, i guess anytime PChamp says anything we can automatically assume that is your opinion also. you are basically saying that if one person in a fan base says something, then it is automatically how everybody else feels. its not really fair to hold other people to something somebody else may or may not have said.

I don't buy the no talent take. I think there were several guys who at one time, were legitimate NFL prospects. For whatever reason, they either didn't develop or had attitude problems or some other issue that kept them from having the senior seasons that were expected.

Gilberry just plain surprises me. Yes, maybe inconsistent at times, but more often than not, this guy was a beast and easily the best defensive player on the field. Castille came into 07' with All-SEC hype and big stats. I also thought coming into the season, Bama had one of the top two receiving corps in the league and after the UT game, I was convinced that Hall was the #1 WR in this league. When healthy, Keith Brown was flat out scary. Remember all the preseason talk about how Bama would likely have to put up big numbers on offense because of a weak D?..And how they had the horses to do it?

Don't forget a couple who would have definitely been picked up had they come out. Antoine Caldwell and Andre Smith. (Not sure if he was eligible)

and that still does not change the fact that they were not highly ranked recruits coming out of high school. highliting Rashad Johnson, Andre Smith, Prince Hall, and Antoine Caldwell all don't matter because they were not even in the draft.

I don't buy the no talent take. I think there were several guys who at one time, were legitimate NFL prospects. For whatever reason, they either didn't develop or had attitude problems or some other issue that kept them from having the senior seasons that were expected.

Gilberry just plain surprises me. Yes, maybe inconsistent at times, but more often than not, this guy was a beast and easily the best defensive player on the field. Castille came into 07' with All-SEC hype and big stats. I also thought coming into the season, Bama had one of the top two receiving corps in the league and after the UT game, I was convinced that Hall was the #1 WR in this league. When healthy, Keith Brown was flat out scary. Remember all the preseason talk about how Bama would likely have to put up big numbers on offense because of a weak D?..And how they had the horses to do it?

Don't forget a couple who would have definitely been picked up had they come out. Antoine Caldwell and Andre Smith. (Not sure if he was eligible)

i agree, the Gilberry thing surprised me. i mean he was no world beater, but i figured he would probably go late rounds of the draft.....didn't think he would be a free agent. Castille came into the season with alot of hype, but for some reason that didn't translate into much on the field. then getting arrested in your SR season never really helps you get drafted. i think Hall could be good if he wanted to. maybe. if you read his bio on the NFL draft page, the scouts pretty much call him lazy and that he doesn't put forth alot of effort on the field or in the weight room.

Andre Smith will be eligible to leave this season.

and that still does not change the fact that they were not highly ranked recruits coming out of high school. highliting Rashad Johnson, Andre Smith, Prince Hall, and Antoine Caldwell all don't matter because they were not even in the draft.

Does your mamma still.........nevermind.

I'm tired of hearing Shula couldn't recruit, couldn't develop players. Where did these "ALL SEC" underclassmen come from?

You just listed two players, with pre-season hype, in good position to have standout seasons and comeout early that pretty much flopped.

You'll never get a bammer to admit it, but Saban let those kids down. There was enough talent on that team to win more than 7 ballgames. The results of the draft can play to the bammer point of view that there was little talent and the players weren't "developed". I call BS, the SEC coaches thought bammer had some playa's.

Does your mamma still.........nevermind.

I'm tired of hearing Shula couldn't recruit, couldn't develop players. Where did these "ALL SEC" underclassmen come from?

You just listed two players, with pre-season hype, in good position to have standout seasons and comeout early that pretty much flopped.

You'll never get a bammer to admit it, but Saban let those kids down. There was enough talent on that team to win more than 7 ballgames. The results of the draft can play to the bammer point of view that there was little talent and the players weren't "developed". I call BS, the SEC coaches thought bammer had some playa's.

So these guys were here 3-4 years before Saban gets here...and because they don't get drafted it's his fault?

Nice.

Just pointing out something, which coach had 8 arrests in one year while at the helm?

What coach threw his players and assistant coaches under the bus after each game?

What coach seems to harang the media and act a fool at every turn setting a poor example for the kids he is coaching?

A coaches personality is adpoted somewhat by his team and Saban is setting you guys up to have a lot of quality players with really poor attitudes and poor media relation skills to hamper their NFL maturity.

A head coach should allow his guys as many opportunities as he can to talk with the media so they can learn the methods that allow them to interview well. Poor media skills will hurt players in the draft.

Saban has sent players to the NFL by the bucket load. I don't understand why ONE year at Bama and us not sending players in the draft is his fault.

If all of your statements above were correct, we would have seen a pattern of him not sending players to the NFL.

Nick Saban hadn't coached a single game before 6 of those 8 were arrested. Are you telling me that going through spring training alone should be enough for his fingerprint to be over the ENTIRE program...and erase 3 years of learning under another coach?

I heard Saban take the blame for a loss more than once this year.

How he treats the media has NOTHING to do with draft status. You telling me some team isn't going to take a bad ass player just because the guys coach isn't nice to reporters? Give me a break.

If you are going to blame Saban for one year at Bama being the reason we didn't draft players...then he gets credit for every LSU player that gets drafted who played even one day under Saban.

From 2001-2005 Saban had 2 first round picks.

You may want to recheck the bucket load comment against the reality.

From 2001-2005 only 22 players from LSU were drafted. During his tenure not as much NFL action occurred. Once a new coach was at the reigns those players that were young on the NC team began to pile out into the NFL. 2006 and 07 drafts sucked up a lot of LSU players.

From 2001-2005 Alabama has had 20 players taken in the draft.

from 2001-2005 only 7 LSU players were drafted in the first 3 rounds of the draft.

From 2006-2007 Lsu had 12 players recruited into the draft and 7 of them were in the first 3 rounds, and 5 were first rounders. Thats under the tight fitted cap era.

I would agree that Saban has recruited a number of players that ended up in the NFL but I wouldn't say he as a coach has prepped a lot of players for the nfl.

*Updated with interesting stuff.*

I guess my point is that during his tenure LSU became a place the NFL looked for players but it wasn't until after he left that all the talent started getting snapped up. You can not credit him for instructing drafties to maximise their draft ability and work the system. I can tell you right now Saban was a douche bag to enough people interested in these players and didn't stick up for them to help them get drafted. A few of these guys were worthy of some sort of late round picks. ALabama has never missed a single draft without having a player get picked. It just seems like it can't be a coincidence that the last 2 years saban has been a head coach at bama during the draft the players have done poorly when Shula helped a number of his guys get picked.

Saban has sent players to the NFL by the bucket load. I don't understand why ONE year at Bama and us not sending players in the draft is his fault.

If all of your statements above were correct, we would have seen a pattern of him not sending players to the NFL.

Nick Saban hadn't coached a single game before 6 of those 8 were arrested. Are you telling me that going through spring training alone should be enough for his fingerprint to be over the ENTIRE program...and erase 3 years of learning under another coach?

How he treats the media has NOTHING to do with draft status. You telling me some team isn't going to take a bad ass player just because the guys coach isn't nice to reporters? Give me a break.

If you are going to blame Saban for one year at Bama being the reason we didn't draft players...then he gets credit for every LSU player that gets drafted who played even one day under Saban.

How big a bucket you talkin' bout there boy?

I don't know if Saban's the problem or not. I still maintain that the total lack of talent and blaming Shula argument doesn't hold water. There were numerous guys coming into this year that by all accounts, should have ripped it up last year and heard their name called this weekend. Just weird that everyone who was so hyped coming in had sub-par seasons. Actually, some had great seasons, like Hall, but that didn't translate into NFL bucks.

IMO, the problem the Pros had with the Bama draftees was "attitude" and discipline. "The Strip" and the LaMo halftime mutiny reek of poor Senior leadership and attitude. 2 or 3 of the potential draftees were ALL-SEC, so don't whine about no talent. It is a player development/attitude problem that CN$ had ample time to correct and not only didn't, but he let it fester and blow up on him at the LaMo halftime.

$aban has been at Bama for 15 months. There is still not any evidence that he has corrected the attitudes and discipline problems. He never really did clean house last year to establish discipline and if he didn't see the need to do so then he has a very poor pseronnel skills. If he has now taken measures, he sure hasn't elaborated on such.

The Bammers spend too much time MAKING EXCUSES for poor player attitudes rather than DEMANDING either quality player attitudes or a house cleaning from their coach. It seems that the CN$ has the Bammers INTIMIDATED into accepting his rambles about the "Process".

This 2008 AU draftee class is the 2003(jetgate) recruiting class and was ranked #31 in recruiting. These guys got better each year b/c of character, work ethic, heart and coaching. The 2007 season should have been an "off year" for AU b/c of the jetgate seniors and to many AU fans it was, but I am amazed at how CTT gets better every year at overcoming adversity.

But what about all of those ALL SEC guys???!!!

:au::homer:

Most backwards logic ever.

What don't you get about this?

Shula recruited guys who were ALL-SEC talent going into 2008. They go through the 2008 season under Coach-Does-No-Wrong as Seniors. That's their most important season. A good coach takes good players and makes them great. A sh***y coach takes All SEC players and makes them skipped over by the draft.

Meanwhile you guys want to credit Saban for all the LSU guys in the draft this year (Yes, it's been said multiple times on this board). Because Saban's Midas touch for one year was all these guys needed. They required no further guidance for their final three years.

Give me a break.

Archived