Pat Washington = Kodi Burns

Wishbone

These QB's are almost identical in build and style. Except for maybe Pat Washington's superior ability to pass the ball. Most would agree that Washington was the greatest passing QB in Auburn history behind Randy Campbell.

These QB's are almost identical in build and style. Except for maybe Pat Washington's superior ability to pass the ball. Most would agree that Washington was the greatest passing QB in Auburn history behind Randy Campbell.

Don't see it.

Most would agree that Washington was the greatest passing QB in Auburn history behind Randy Campbell.

Really?

Since I've been alive (which rules out Sullivan), Jason Campbell was the best passer to hit the Plains. He had every throw (deep ball, touch pass, sidelines, and middle) by the time he left. If we're talking career, maybe not. But if we're talking about talent/ability Jason was it hands down.

He was being facetious.

And I think Kodi will be a decent passer. That is, unless Wishbone has replaced Franklin as our OC. Then maybe I'll take his assessment over an actual coach. One guy is getting paid six figures to make such decisions, the other guy just hangs out on a message board.

Did Randy Campbell ever throw a pass? I mainly remember him handing off to a guy named Bo and watching a superior line block for him.

Since I've been alive (which rules out Sullivan), Jason Campbell was the best passer to hit the Plains. He had every throw (deep ball, touch pass, sidelines, and middle) by the time he left. If we're talking career, maybe not. But if we're talking about talent/ability Jason was it hands down.

I would put Jason number 3 on my list since i have been alive. As far as passers go i still say sullivan is the best but number 2 in my book would have to be reggie slack. Sullivan coached him and did a hell of a job. Florida game to Wasden comes to mind as far as a great pass under extreme pressure.

War Damn Eagle!

I'm certain that the first time Burns has a less than perfect game we'll be hearing from wishbone. Weren't you a big Campbell critic too wb?

I think I speak for everybody here when I say " Huh ? " . :blink:

Either you forget Pat Washington or you're not familiar w/ Kodi Burns. Pat could pass, I suppose, but he's got nothing on Kodi in terms of speed and maneuverability.

Even though he was known for his scramble ability Damyeune Craig could throw a pass off one foot on the run better than anyone I have ever seen.

Actually, NO most wouldn't. Not even sure why you are speaking for everybody here by making these absolute statements. We all know that as soon as Kodi Burns has a bad game, there will be several here ripping him to shreds, and I imagine you'll be one of them, along with the 3 board members in the anti-auburn campaign we have here. Now, as far as a passing QB at Auburn goes. There are several that come to mind. 1. Pat Sullivan (Heisman winner) 2. Reggie Slack 3. Stan White 4. Dameyune Craig 5. Jason Campbell

In fact, here are the Auburn all time passing records and neither Pat Washington nor Randy Campbell is anywhere to be found in any of them:

MOST ATTEMPTS

Game — 58, Stan White vs. Tennessee (9/29/90)

Season — 403, Dameyune Craig (1997)

Career — 1231, Stan White (1990-93)

MOST COMPLETIONS

Game — 34, Patrick Nix vs. Arkansas (10/28/95) [52 att.]

Season — 216, Dameyune Craig (1997) [403 att.]

Career — 659, Stan White (1990-93) [1231 att.]

MOST CONSECUTIVE COMPLETIONS

Game — 16, Stan White vs. New Mexico St. (1993)

HIGHEST COMPLETION PERCENTAGE

Game (Min. 10 att.) — 92.3, Jason Campbell vs. W. Kentucky (9/27/03) [12-of-13]

Game (Min. 15 att.) — 89.5, Jason Campbell vs. Arkansas (10/16/04) [17-of-19]

Game (Min. 20 att.) — 81.8, Jason Campbell vs. Georgia (11/13/04) [18-of-22]

Season (Min. 50 att.) — 70.7, Ben Leard (1999) [111-of-157]

Season (Min. 100 att.) — 70.7, Ben Leard (1999) [111-of-157]

Career (Min. 150 att.) — .646, Jason Campbell (2001-04) [552-of-854]

Career (Min. 300 att.) — .646, Jason Campbell (2001-04) [552-of-854]

MOST YARDS GAINED

Game — 416, Ben Leard vs. Georgia (11/13/99)

Season — 3277, Dameyune Craig (1997)

Career — 8016, Stan White (1990-93)

MOST TOUCHDOWNS THROWN

Game — 5, Daniel Cobb vs. Louisiana Tech (10/20/01)

Season — 20, Jason Campbell (2004); Pat Sullivan (1971)

Career — 53, Pat Sullivan (1969-71)

MOST CONSECUTIVE GAMES THROWING A TD

Season — 8, Dameyune Craig (1997)

Career — 13, Dameyune Craig (1996-97)

MOST INTERCEPTIONS THROWN

Game — 7, Alex Bowden vs. Alabama (11/27/65)

6, Allan Parks vs. Georgia (11/17/51)

5, Pat Sullivan vs. Tennessee (9/27/69)

5, Loran Carter vs. Alabama (11/30/68)

Season — 21, Loran Carter (1968)

Career — 52, Stan White (1990-93)

MOST CONSECUTIVE ATTEMPTS WITHOUT AN INTERCEPTION

Game — 51, Patrick Nix vs. Florida (10/15/94)

Season — 156, Ben Leard (1999)

MOST 300-YARD GAMES

Season — 5, Pat Sullivan (1970)

Career — 6, Dameyune Craig (1994-97)

MOST 200-YARD GAMES

Season — 12, Dameyune Craig (1997)

Career — 21, Pat Sullivan (1969-71)

LONGEST PASS COMPLETION

Game — 87, Jason Campbell to Silas Daniels vs. Louisiana Tech (10/9/04)

Game — 58, Stan White vs. Tennessee (9/29/90)

And it took every one of them to bring us back to a 26-26 tie (final score iirc). We were down a bunch all night, and it took max effort just to tie the Vols in J-H that night. UT fans felt like they had lost and we felt like we had won, after the game. What a game… what a night! War Eagle!!!

IHO:

1. Pat Sullivan

2. Jason Campbell

3. Stan White

4. Reggie Slack

5. Dameyune Craig

6. Ben Leard

HIGHEST COMPLETION PERCENTAGE

Game (Min. 10 att.) — 92.3, Jason Campbell vs. W. Kentucky (9/27/03) [12-of-13]

Game (Min. 15 att.) — 89.5, Jason Campbell vs. Arkansas (10/16/04) [17-of-19]

Game (Min. 20 att.) — 81.8, Jason Campbell vs. Georgia (11/13/04) [18-of-22]

Not only that, I believe 3 of the 4 incomplete passes were drops by the WR's and I think 1 was a drop by either Ronnie Brown or Williams

Just sick

He couldn't miss

Actually, I was trying to be funny. I am REALLY excited about Kodi Burns. If we let him loose I think we could be really explosive. Kodi's probably just as much an athlete as Pat White of WVand can probably throw better. I see no need for a two QB system other than to protect Kodi from injury from too much contact.

BTW, I like Pat Washington and Randy Campbell alot and especially the offenses they ran. If Kodi would been the QB back then we may have won a few NC.

KB is a bulked up DC.

Did Randy Campbell ever throw a pass? I mainly remember him handing off to a guy named Bo and watching a superior line block for him.

he occasionally threw backwards passes to Bo also.

Pat Sullivan, a passing QB, won the Heisman Trophy. Enough said.

Amen and

Amen.

If I had to go to war tomorrow, it'd be Reggie Slack. He could do it all, stand in the pocket and make the throws, and get yards with his feet when he had no choice. Plus, he was a great guy, and represented AU about as well as anyone ever has......

He played smart, and I don't think we ever lost a game because of his mistakes -- and I'm sure we won some because of his poise. He just didn't ask for much attention, and so it's easy to forget how important he was. Every time Reggie dropped back to pass, I thought we were dangerous. I've felt that only one of the past six years.....

Reggie was awesome! He was as strong as an ox too. I remember him making several throws with some big defensive guys literally hanging on him.

Like I said, I only speak of people I saw in person, but as far as pure passing ability (accuracy, diversity in the kinds of throws you can make, etc.) I'd go:

Campbell

Slack

White

Craig

Nix (which could just as easily be Ben Leard since they were basically the same guy with different supporting casts)

None of those guys were on Jason's level as far as accuracy. We've never had a more accurate passer. As for arm strength Jason and Reggie were a cut above all the others. White had very few holes in his game, but he wasn't as consistent. Craig would be higher if we're talking about the total package, but he also had really underrated touch on his deep ball. Nix and Leard were accurate, lacked a big arm, and made great decisions.

Archived