Bama Decommits to Auburn?

Or vice versa? I know it happens all the time that a commitment really means nothing until the fax comes through, but I can't remember off the top of my head someone decommitting and switching to the "other" school.

Personally, if I was an 18 yr old 4 or 5* bluechipper, knowing that I loved Auburn my entire life, I would probably "commit" to $aban and the Tiders early on, but privately tell CTT I'm going to AU. Then on signing day, send the paperwork to Auburn. I would forever be endeared in the hearts of Auburn fans for the biggest setup played out against the Tide in history.

Dig it.

I can't remember any players who have committed to Bammer and then changed their committment to Auburn. Ali Sharief, Josh Chapman, and Marcus Carter have all committed to Auburn and then changed their ccommittment to Bammer in recent years.

Ali Sharief has spent most of his career at Bammer sitting on the bench. Marcus Carter has started the last couple of years at safety, but he is still only an average player in my opinion. Losing those committments really did not hurt Auburn. It is still too early to tell what kind of player Josh Chapman will be.

Or vice versa? I know it happens all the time that a commitment really means nothing until the fax comes through, but I can't remember off the top of my head someone decommitting and switching to the "other" school.

Personally, if I was an 18 yr old 4 or 5* bluechipper, knowing that I loved Auburn my entire life, I would probably "commit" to $aban and the Tiders early on, but privately tell CTT I'm going to AU. Then on signing day, send the paperwork to Auburn. I would forever be endeared in the hearts of Auburn fans for the biggest setup played out against the Tide in history.

Dig it.

Then this player would qualify as one of those fine upstanding young men that Auburn wants. You would want a player that plans to deceive another university.

Dig it.

Then this player would qualify as one of those fine upstanding young men that Auburn wants. You would want a player that plans to deceive another university.

Not just "another" university, just UAT :lol:

I can't remember any players who have committed to Bammer and then changed their committment to Auburn. Ali Sharief, Josh Chapman, and Marcus Carter have all committed to Auburn and then changed their ccommittment to Bammer in recent years.

Ali Sharief has spent most of his career at Bammer sitting on the bench. Marcus Carter has started the last couple of years at safety, but he is still only an average player in my opinion. Losing those committments really did not hurt Auburn. It is still too early to tell what kind of player Josh Chapman will be.

i wish you guys would have kept Marcus Carter <_<

Dig it.

I think most of us are in agreement that a little gamesmanship at the expense of bama is permissable.

Dig it.

Hey, no problem, but don't scream foul when someone else does it to you. The player would then be a thug, right?

I think most of us are in agreement that a little gamesmanship at the expense of bama is permissable.

Dig it.

Hey, no problem, but don't scream foul when someone else does it to you. The player would then be a thug, right?

Good job utilizing the quote function.

And no, I wouldn't call him a thug. I'd be seething mad, but thug is not the word I would use. The word thug is typically reserved for someone who bashes his head against the window of a police cruiser. May or may not be on a road characterized as "The strip." Not someone who pulls a prank like that. Some of the most famous pranks in history were done by MIT students, I would hardly characterize them as thugs.

Dig it.

Well, would you want someone doing that to Auburn? Committing to AU then on signing day going to Bama due to a secret with Saban?

I personally have no problem with players/recruits that want to come to UGA no matter how they do it....we have had several kids commit to UGA on Signing Day when they were SUPPOSED to sign with other schools and I love them for it

But man, do I want to kill those kids that have committed to UGA for months then on signing day screw us. Now, when I say I want to kill them, the chances of me landing a punch of any of these kids are slim to none seeing as how they are taller/quicker/heavier and just in much better shape then me so I will stick to hating them online

good strategy... the face to face confrontation probably wouldn't go well.

Archived