NBA Finals

aumd03

I couldn't believe the game last night. My dad grew up in the Boston area so I am by default a celtics fan. Plus I think Kobe Bryant is USDA grade A crybaby so I usually pull against the Lakers.

So whats the concensus? Choke vs. great comeback?

Does anyone else think the NBA has a bit of an officiating credibility issue. I know most people are blowing off Donoghy's accusations as just trying to get a deal, but from games I've watched it seems as if the officials have an initiative. In the 1st half of last nights game Kobe had 6 times as many free throws as the entire celtics team at one point.

Also, does the celtics point guard play remind anyone else of Auburn at times, other than the fact they are winning. They have point guards that refuse to take shots, and no one guards honestly at times allowing the d to collapse and double the big men.

I have greatly enjoyed the series so far. Kobe Bryant is probably my least favorite b-ball player ever, maybe even in front of bill walton

The nba has always had suspicions of ref favoritism, more so than other sports, it would seem. I think there could be something to it, but who knows? Donoghy is such a loser in most peoples eyes that he's not exactly a reliable source.

I haven't watched a whole lot but I have been keeping up with it. The game the other night was nothing but a great choke job by the Lakers. I am going to watch Game 5 cause it would be sweet for Boston to win in LA, and make Kobe throw a temper tantrum. Anyone else think that the Lakers just don't have enough besides Kobe to go head to head against the Celtics?

You have to give the Celtics some credit for the comeback. They made great defensive adjustments and dropped in some very tough shots. Yes, the Lakers choked somewhat. Hard to believe Jackson kept fisher out of the game so much when he was shooting well and no one else was hitting much of anything.

How about the blatant reaching foul from Kobe at the end of the game that wasn't called. The celts are down by 2 with the ball, then that happens.

How about the blatant reaching foul from Kobe at the end of the game that wasn't called. The celts are down by 2 with the ball, then that happens.

Horrible non-call, BUT that is what home court will get you. I expect the same treatment in Game 6 (and god forbid, Game 7).

Horrible non-call, BUT that is what home court will get you. I expect the same treatment in Game 6 (and god forbid, Game 7).

Kobe is the biggest baby. The more I watch him the more I can't stand him. He whines about every call against him (and everyone I've seen has been blatantly the right call). And God forbid another Laker take a shot while Kobe's got his arms in the air. No wonder Shaq couldn't stand this guy.

Kobe is the biggest baby. The more I watch him the more I can't stand him. He whines about every call against him (and everyone I've seen has been blatantly the right call). And God forbid another Laker take a shot while Kobe's got his arms in the air. No wonder Shaq couldn't stand this guy.

I think it has been made obvious that Kobe wouldn't have won a title without Shaq, although Shaq has won one without Kobe.

If you doubt that statement, look at what the Pistons did to the Lakers a few years ago. When you play as a team, you will beat anyone playing as an individual (Kobe).

He got no ball and some body for sure.

I think it has been made obvious that Kobe wouldn't have won a title without Shaq, although Shaq has won one without Kobe.

If you doubt that statement, look at what the Pistons did to the Lakers a few years ago. When you play as a team, you will beat anyone playing as an individual (Kobe).

This series isn't over yet. I can promise you, Celtics fans aren't celebrating just yet.

..at time of writing: 106 -72

This is so sweet. First Sports Championship won IN Boston in 22 years. My family must be going nuts!

KG have too much to drink before the celebration?

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Thank you Levar Burton - aka KG.

Thank you Levar Burton - aka KG.

All I've got to say is...

I was in a bar in Boston watching the Celtics win Game 6 and the championship with a room full of Celtics fans. Awesome experience. I've been a Celts fan since the early 80s, just haven't had much to cheer for since that decade.

Archived