I wonder if REC will like this....

The Prowler

Discovery Channel program focuses on Alabama booster's death

By Ron Higgins

Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Discovery Channel believes that the circumstances surrounding the accidental death of Memphian and Alabama booster Logan Young are intriguing enough to take a second look.

Cordova attorney Philip Shanks confirmed that a production crew filmed an interview with him a month ago for a new Discovery Channel series whose name and air date have yet to be announced.

The show investigates cases that were closed but maybe had a lot of mysterious circumstances.

Young was found dead in his home on April 11, 2006, nude next to his bed. Police initially called it a homicide, then 36 hours later concluded Young accidentally fell down his stairs, was knocked unconscious, walked to his kitchen to wash off the blood, walked back upstairs to take a shower and went to his bed, where he was still bleeding profusely. Police said Young fell out of bed reaching for the phone.

"Police have evidence that I wasn't privy to," Shanks said. "But there were a couple of things that didn't sound right to me. Logan never walked around nude. When we would take trips together and roomed in hotels, he would get in bed fully clothed. Also, police said they found no money in Logan's house. Logan kept wads and wads of cash in his house. He never kept less than $50,000, and really it was closer to $100,000."

The show is expected to air in September or October

Wow....So, LY fell down the stairs...he was knocked unconscious from the fall, then he washed off the blood, then he took a shower, then he got back into bed, then he fell out of bed answering the phone? REALLY? That's just a little to far-fetched for me to believe.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2008/...ath/?printer=1/

By Ron Higgins

Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Discovery Channel believes that the circumstances surrounding the accidental death of Memphian and Alabama booster Logan Young are intriguing enough to take a second look.

Cordova attorney Philip Shanks confirmed that a production crew filmed an interview with him a month ago for a new Discovery Channel series whose name and air date have yet to be announced.

The show investigates cases that were closed but maybe had a lot of mysterious circumstances.

Young was found dead in his home on April 11, 2006, nude next to his bed. Police initially called it a homicide, then 36 hours later concluded Young accidentally fell down his stairs, was knocked unconscious, walked to his kitchen to wash off the blood, walked back upstairs to take a shower and went to his bed, where he was still bleeding profusely. Police said Young fell out of bed reaching for the phone.

"Police have evidence that I wasn't privy to," Shanks said. "But there were a couple of things that didn't sound right to me. Logan never walked around nude. When we would take trips together and roomed in hotels, he would get in bed fully clothed. Also, police said they found no money in Logan's house. Logan kept wads and wads of cash in his house. He never kept less than $50,000, and really it was closer to $100,000."

Wow....So, LY fell down the stairs...he was knocked unconscious from the fall, then he washed off the blood, then he took a shower, then he got back into bed, then he fell out of bed answering the phone? REALLY? That's just a little to far-fetched for me to believe.

No, no. You didn't know? He fell UP the stairs and into his room.

Duh.

By Ron Higgins

Sunday, June 15, 2008

yep that's what struck me too. How could he have possibly done any of that AFTER he fell down the stairs and was knocked unconscious? BS meter is huge on this one... I imagine the REC or some other group of uat attorney's are going to do anything they can to block the airing of this.

I thought the story was that Young was accidently struck in the head by a flying elephant. :bamaspin:

The problem with this story is not the unbelievability of the story that was eventually put forth as fact. It is that the conclusion of this story defies the laws of science that all things being equal, the simpler solution is usually the correct one.

Which is simpler, that people built the pyramids using years of back-breaking manual labor, or that aliens came from outer space and helped them?

Which is simpler, that it was foul play, or that this incredible series of events happened then LY decided at the last possible moment of sustainable life function to reach for the phone with his last dying effort, dying mid-stride to the phone, but only after thinking about it for 36 hours could the Police "put all the clues together"?

I remember when this story first came out...immediately after the body was found, Police reports were abundant that "There was a tremendously violent struggle here" and "there is no question this was a homicide"....followed by 36 hours later "SIKE.....JK....this death was accidental."

In fact I think there was an actual press conference where the lead investigator talked to the media and said: "SIKE..."

I imagine the REC or some other group of uat attorney's are going to do anything they can to block the airing of this.

Are you suggesting the Discovery Channel people ought to do all the film editing for this one in a first floor studio? :rolleyes:

Archived