Jamie Collins = 20th Commitment

RunInRed

Meadville (Miss.) Franklin County ATH/LB/QB

http://auburn.scout.com/a.z?s=6&p=8&am...amp;nid=3356546

Jamie Collins makes a decision, becomes Auburn's 20th commitment

By Phillip Marshall, Senior Writer

Posted Jul 15, 2008

Copyright © 2008 AuburnUndercover.com

Jamie Collins, a 6-foot-3, 210-pound athlete from Franklin High School in Meadville, Miss., told AuburnUndercover.com Tuesday that he plans to sign with Auburn.

Collins, who plays quarterback at Franklin, projects as a safety or a linebacker at Auburn.

“I like the coaches and I like the campus up there,” said Collins, who was at Auburn’s camp over the weekend. “I already knew before I went up there, but I decided to wait until I went to camp to commit. I told the coaches yesterday.”

Collins is Auburn’s 20th commitment.

More coming soon.

http://www.auburnundercover.com/news/story.php?article=94

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/763185.html

This is the kind of young man Auburn wants, read his following qoute from the scout free article.

Tell us something nobody else knows: "My parents died when I was young. I live with my sister. I live in a rough neighborhood. I live a rough life. Its tough over here, but I keep my head between the lines because I do not want to follow in these people's footsteps. I want to make it out of here a live, with a college education, and raise some young ones the right way."

He has 3 family members who are pretty good prospects also for 08. Looks to be a WR or safety at AU

6"3, 210lbs ... so much for recruiting short WRs

I thought he projected as a safety or linebacker? Well wherever he goes, he looks to have some nice athletic ability.

The Coaches said that they worked him at LB some in the camp and at Safety. So, he's pretty much an Athlete...I mean, QB/WR/S/LB/TE/OL/DE

WOW

I didn't know you all had so many

How many you accepting this year?

25 spots but will oversign somewhere around 30....

Dont know much about his ability, but he sounds like a smart kid. Welcome and War Eagle.

If Collins projects as an LB, anyone surprised we took him days after not offering a Nigel Mitchell Thornton? I'm not questioning the staff's judgement, just curious if anyone had insider knowledge on this one. I do like the kid who comes out of a bad situation to make something of himself at AU. It reminds me of the stories from Auburn Undercover the last couple of days from T Rob and D. Craig. Those guys were so appreciatvie of what they got from Auburn because of the situations they came up in.

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/763185.html

This is the kind of young man Auburn wants, read his following qoute from the scout free article.

Tell us something nobody else knows: "My parents died when I was young. I live with my sister. I live in a rough neighborhood. I live a rough life. Its tough over here, but I keep my head between the lines because I do not want to follow in these people's footsteps. I want to make it out of here a live, with a college education, and raise some young ones the right way."

He has 3 family members who are pretty good prospects also for 08. Looks to be a WR or safety at AU

LB/DE

:au::homer:

I realize he is projected as a LB, but does anyone else see the resemblance of a Courtney Taylor here? Or is it just me?

Sounds more like the Karlos Dansby type to me..that other QB from MS (I think) Stallworth reminds me a lot more of CT.

If Collins projects as an LB, anyone surprised we took him days after not offering a Nigel Mitchell Thornton? I'm not questioning the staff's judgement, just curious if anyone had insider knowledge on this one. I do like the kid who comes out of a bad situation to make something of himself at AU. It reminds me of the stories from Auburn Undercover the last couple of days from T Rob and D. Craig. Those guys were so appreciatvie of what they got from Auburn because of the situations they came up in.

Collins is a way better prospect than NMT. Like mowegl said, he's a Dansby clone; athletes with a big frame but not the best 40 time. Remember Dansby also played the WHIP his first two years at AU and don't be surprised to see Collins at safety early on as well.

Collins is a way better prospect than NMT. Like mowegl said, he's a Dansby clone; athletes with a big frame but not the best 40 time. Remember Dansby also played the WHIP his first two years at AU and don't be surprised to see Collins at safety early on as well.

I appreciate the insight. I know people here and on the other sites were raving about NMT along with Smith, Patrick, Johnson, and others early in the process. Has NMT done anything to fall out of favor or has he just fallen as more players have been evaluated?

I appreciate the insight. I know people here and on the other sites were raving about NMT along with Smith, Patrick, Johnson, and others early in the process. Has NMT done anything to fall out of favor or has he just fallen as more players have been evaluated?

he's grown but he's gotten slower as he's grown..

Archived