Mark My Word 2008

DaddyBoyAU

Mark my Words:

1. Georgia will have a mediocre season when compared to expectations, losing at least 4 games.

Wow, that is quite a lot of losses for us in '08

What games do you see us losing?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mark my words:

TheDrewYouKnew wins the Aunation Picks contest once again

SPUAT wins 8 (including their bowl game) and claims Saban is the greatest coach in the conference

Auburn struggles early in the season due to the same old annual goofiness of not playing the best player at key positions until after an embarrassment or two forces the obvious correction, while posters on this board will defend the poor decision and then switch and support the corrected decision in a John Kerry-like fashion

Auburn defeats Florida to win the SEC Championship, but as long as both teams play for it I have to be pleased because Florida is now my own personal 1B as I begin classes there this fall.

I will own Gainesville and make a 4.0, all while attracting more hot ladies than even exist in Auburn!

Mark My Words......

1. Bama goes 7-5, after opening the year 5-2 and claiming "Bama's Back"...goes to Sheverport

2. UF wins the East in a tie with UGA...UF gets tie-breaker

3. AU wins the West outright

4. AU ranks in top 2 in both total offense and total defense in the SEC

5. Ole Miss wins Egg Bowl

and finally......

6. AU continues the streak.....can you say make it 8!! (Good T-shirt idea..)

Mark My Words.

1 AU, USC and OU will each have a loss. AU's will come against UGA at which time we will drop to #3. We will again be screwed out of the title game.

2 We win 7 in a row.

3 LSU loses 4

4 UA loses 5

5 Flala loses to UGA again.

6 Uga loses to UT and SC.

Mark my words Auburn and Clemson will rematch in a BCS bowl.

Mark my words Birmingham gets to quench his thirst for Legion Field as Alabama finishes the regular season 6-6 and makes a trip down the road to the papajohns.com bowl.

Mark my words Auburn will have the best defense and special teams in the SEC.

Mark my words Birmingham gets to quench his thirst for Legion Field as Alabama finishes the regular season 6-6 and makes a trip down the road to the papajohns.com bowl.

I'll be right there rooting for Cincinnatti to win that Papajohns bowl too.

I'll be right there rooting for Cincinnatti to win that Papajohns bowl too.

So funny cause it's true :lol:

Mark My Words:

1. USC will go undefeated and win the MNC against OK. The SEC will cannibolize itself again.

2. WVa will beat AU by 10 with some favorable ref calls

3. UGA's thug displays energizes teams to play meaner against them. UGA will succomb to the tuff schedule and lose to AU, UF and 1 other.

4. 7--done (not controversial)

5. Clemson will hammer the defenseless Tide, get cocky and lose at least 2 games during the season.

6. AU goes 10-2........LSU loss early when the O hasn't gelled, and WVa. Many unreasonable AU fans get angry after the Wva loss.

7. Bammer goes 8-4 in reg season, has 2 more arrests, beats AU in recruiting and the fans are happy anyway.

8. Spurrier has another bad year and resigns.

Florida is now my own personal 1B as I begin classes there this fall.

Mark my words....you'll thinks jorts are a fashion statement by the end of the year!

I will own Gainesville and make a 4.0, all while attracting more hot ladies than even exist in Auburn!

Why? You wanted people to think your jorts and hair gel are cool?

Considering OU's recent bowl history, no way OU posts 27 points on Auburn's defense. With bad feelings still present from OU getting to the title game in 2004, Auburn wins 42-2 (Auburn's punter takes a safety on the final play of the game to run out the clock).

Oh yeah!!!!!!!

Mark my words-

I will once again refrain from sitting- for any reason- while Auburn is on the field, despite whomever may be trying to watch from behind me :cheer:

Mark My Words:

This will be the highest ever home attendance for a season of Auburn football.

Auburn will continue the Streak against Bama.

By the end of the 2009 season, Tub will have over 100 Auburn wins, moving him ahead of Pat Dye (99 wins) on Auburn's all time list. By the end of the 2010 season, he will pass Mike Donahue's 106 Auburn wins to move into second place of all time. Tub will not get close to Shug's 176 wins.

No SEC team will be undefeated this year.

Mark my words

1)Auburn will throw more INTs than any other year,but will be so aggressive on O that it doesn't matter and we win anyways.

2)Auburn will gradually lose it's title as running back U but will be more thrilling to watch for 'outside' fans.

3)Auburn WILL beat UGA because Mush is gone and the"rush" is on.

4)Bama will beat Clemson in overtime not because Bama is good but because Clemson isn't.

5)Bama's will say wait unitl next year again...7 in a row...also beaten by UGA,Tenn,Arky, and Miss St.Will pull the spoiler over a banged up LSU.LSU fans will absolutely terrorize Saban.

6)USC beats Ohio St

7)Georgia gets beat by GT after title hopes of being NC is crushed by Auburn.

8) Rhoads will be uplifted after playing WV ,somehow he knows how to stop this team.

We will play UGA in the SEC game it will be the first rival game ever in the Dome.

Mark my words....you'll thinks jorts are a fashion statement by the end of the year!

Hey, I have 2 degrees from Auburn. I doubt 4 years in Gainesville will undo a lifetime of fashion sense.

1. Auburn WILL NOT lose to Miss. St. again!

2. 2 or more Bama players will get arrested before October

3. CTF will set several eye-opening O stats at Auburn this year.

4. Auburn will be UNDEFEATED going into the UGA game, will lose, Auburn will play UF in the SECCG and win.

5. Bama will lose to Clemson, Auburn, LSU, and probably to Tennessee, MSU, and Ole Miss.

6. Ole Miss will surprise several teams this year and go bowling.

7. CTT Drinks a Seven and Seven, as he runs the series streak to 7-0, and AU runs its streak in Tuscaloosa to 7-0 as well.

8. Things will get rather heated in Tuscaloosa as the season doesnt jell fast enough for a growing impatient Tide Family.

9.CSS leaves SC after another disastrous year.

10. Phil Fulmer is ousted at UT as well.

We will play UGA in the SEC game it will be the first rival game ever in the Dome.

That's a good point. I never thought about the fact that there has never been a traditional rivalry game in the SECCG. I guess it is tough b/c most traditional rivals are in the same division. Would anything qualify as a traditional rivaly besides AU-UGA or Bama-Tenn?

Oh, and to keep in the spirit of the thread:

Mark my words:

Auburn will play Georgia in the SECCG before Bama plays Tennessee.

Mark my words:

1. At least 2 more SEC teams will switch to the Spread offense in 2009

2. Alabama will return to the Independence Bowl for the third year in a row, prompting a change in the words of "Yea Alabama" from "remember the Rose Bowl" to "remember Shreveport, we'll win then".

3. T. Blackmon will replace Q. Groves in leading The Auburn Band" as it plays "Rammer Jammer" version 7.

4. Will Muschamp will be caught using the "F" word on national TV.

5. This year a dog will bite a Georgia player in Jordan-Hare stadium.

7)Georgia gets beat by GT after title hopes of being NC is crushed by Auburn.

Oh good lord, not a chance about GT

:rolleyes: GT will get beat horrifically by a very upset bunch of Dawgs.

Mark my word:

Coach $aban will begin stalking the practices of the Million Dollar Band in early August. He'll walk up to a likely-looking Tuba player and say, "Hey, Boy, wanna play linebacker?"

Georgia will not quite live up to the lofty preseason expectations. They'll be very good, but not the omnipotent juggernaut that a close-knit band of alcoholic sportswriters predicted they'd be. 11-2, with both losses to Auburn.

Rutgers beats everybody on their schedule to go undefeated in the regular season. USC folds to somebody along the way, but obliterates Ohio State. In fact, the beating is so bad that the Columbus, Ohio, district attorney briefly considers abuse charges against the Trojans. West Virginia is exposed by Auburn. The Big XII is a slugfest where nobody emerges with less than 2 losses. The New York media begins mewling for Rutgers to make it into the NCG because of the feel-good implications for the local team.

Auburn will go 12-1, losing some stupidhead game along the way. However, the Tigers recover enough to win the rest of the games, go the SECCG, then the NCG, where they flog Rutgers.

Mark my word:

The AUBURN defense will be very good.

The AUBURN offense will put up more points per game than the last two seasons.

Tennessee will beat UAT this year.

Vanderbilt will be back to being Vanderbilt this year.

Arkansas will be better this year.

Ole Miss will be better this year.

Bama will spend the holidays in Shreveport,,,,,,, again.

Les Miles will not win on all his gambles this year.

With their talent, their recruiting and their coaching staff, anything less than a national championship should be a disappointment for Bama.

Mark my word:

The AUBURN defense will be very good.

The AUBURN offense will put up more points per game than the last two seasons.

Tennessee will beat UAT this year.

Vanderbilt will be back to being Vanderbilt this year.

Arkansas will be better this year.

Ole Miss will be better this year.

Bama will spend the holidays in Shreveport,,,,,,, again.

Les Miles will not win on all his gambles this year.

With their talent, their recruiting and their coaching staff, anything less than a national championship should be a disappointment for Bama.

Wow..really going out on a limb huh?

Mark my Word!

Tennessee will get blown out in an early game it isn't supposed to lose (again), everyone will call for fat Phil's head (again), and he will somehow win the SEC east (again), and get a contract extension.

Clemson will come out like a house afire (again), be adored by the media and receive tons of NC hype (again), and will then lose to a GT or BC, and wind up 9-3 (again).

Tim Tebow will suffer a horrific knee injury against UGA, but Jesus will descend from the heaven's, miraculously heal his knee, and Tebow will go on to beat UGA with a team made of nothing but 3rd world children.

AU will beat WVU, LSU, UT, UGA, and UA, but lose in triple overtime to Tennessee-Martin.

Archived