Mark My Word 2008

DaddyBoyAU

We've regularly had a Mark My Word thread each year - since it is now SEC media days I guess it's about time for it.

Here are the rules:

1) Make a bold prediction. None of this "Auburn will beat ULM this year" - that's wimpy. This is about making a chancy prediction - something you may have a "feeling" about, but most people would not go along with.

2) Predictions only! If you disagree with someone's "Mark My Word" and want to discuss it, start a new thread. No flaming unless someone makes a wimpy prediction (see rule number 1).

3) Not just limited to games - could be about coaching situations, AUNation members, Touchdown Auburn Bowl, etc.

4) And importantly, somewhere in your prediction, you've got to say "Mark My Word" - because you're sure that its going to happen.

It'll be fun to look back at the end of the season to see which ones came true.

Ok, I'll start:

Mark my word: Ohio State loses at least two games this year (I'm thinking USC and Michigan). ESPN announcers cry.

Mark my word: Auburn beats WV by at least 15.

Mark my word: Georgia winds up third in the East.

Mark my word. (echos)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mark my word:

1. JPW will not make even 3rd team ALL SEC

2. There will be a lot of unrest among UAT fans after the season as they come to grips with the reality of another disappointing season and official receipt of a LOI from the NCAA.

3. No Big 10 team will be in the NC game.

4. Texas will wonder why they got Muschamp after the defense disappoints them.

5. Only USC goes undefeated.

6. JoPa will pass Diddy in total wins and Auburn will play Penn St. in the Capitol One Bowl

7. What else could #7 be but........we get Seven In a Row in J-H West :cheer:

Mark my word: The SEC West Champion will be decided in the Iron Bowl (winner goes to Atlanta)

Mark my word: Georgia wins the SEC, but not the National Championship (not that they will lose the NC game, just that they won't win it). We hear how the SEC is not the greatest conference anymore. Blah blah blah.

Mark my word: Alabama will still bring in a "better" recruiting class than Auburn

Mark my word: Fans will be doubting TF and CTT for not playing our most skilled players at the positions the fans think they would excel at - two examples include: Mario Fannin being a WR instead of RB (and in general not getting the ball enough) and Harry Adams not getting a shot to play slot and not returning kicks.

Mark my word: TF and CTT will still be using Kodi Burns as a running QB so everyone can compare him to Tebow. This is dumb.

Mark my word: We will have one starting QB (none of this dual QB crap) after the LSU game.

Mark my word: Tim Tebow will not win the Heisman

- Alabama will beat LSU at home.

- South Carolina will win a big game, then fold the rest of the way.

- Mississippi State will not beat a team from the state of Alabama.

- AU's D will finish 3rd in the SEC, O will finish 6th.

1. Mark my word, the number 8 will coincide with the number 6 when in the red zone at Alabama.

2. Mark my word, Tennessee will be 6-6 at the end of the year and Fulmer will get a raise and a contract extension.

3. Mark my word, the Tide will win by 14 in the iron bowl.

4. Mark my word, John Parker Wilson will play like a senior SEC quarterback. He will break records and play past everyone's expectations.

5 The Tide will go 11-1 this year sporting one of the toughest road schedules in the SEC.

1. Mark my word, the number 8 will coincide with the number 6 when in the red zone at Alabama.

2. Mark my word, Tennessee will be 6-6 at the end of the year and Fulmer will get a raise and a contract extension.

4. Mark my word, John Parker Wilson will play like a senior SEC quarterback. He will break records and play past everyone's expectations.

5 The Tide will go 11-1 this year sporting one of the toughest road schedules in the SEC.

Mark my word: Birmingham will be placed in the local crazy house by December.

Mark my words:

1) Ohio St loses BADLY at USC

2) The CTF offense sets several team offensive records in the first year

3) Auburn finally gets over a recent trend and beats LSU and Alabama by double digits

4) Florida wins the east

5) Georgia loses at least 3 games

6) Bama goes 7-5, loses in the Music City Bowl

7) LSU loses at least 3 games

8) We go 11-1, losing only to UGA in the regular season, beat Tebow again in the SEC title game, and finally get our shot on USC in the BCS title game. 3rd time vs them is a charm. AU 38-24

Mark my words :::

1. Auburn WILL NOT lose to Miss. St. again!

2. Bama will lose to Clemson, Auburn, LSU and Ole Miss

3. At least 1 Bama player will get arrested before October

4. Auburn will be UNDEFEATED going into the UGA game and finally WIN!

5. Auburn will play UF in the Championship game and win on a Kodi Burns run up the middle with 5 seconds left.

6. Chris Todd and Kodi Burns become one of the most successful QB tandoms in the history of CF.

7. Auburn will play Oklahoma in the BCS championship game and win 42-27!

This is FUN! WAR DAMN EAGLE! :au:

Considering OU's recent bowl history, no way OU posts 27 points on Auburn's defense. With bad feelings still present from OU getting to the title game in 2004, Auburn wins 42-2 (Auburn's punter takes a safety on the final play of the game to run out the clock).

Mark My Word:

:au: ) Auburn wins the SEC championship by beating Florida.

:au: ) South Carolina takes 2nd in the East.

:au: ) 7 in a ROW!(Enough Said)

:au: ) After another down year, Alabama fans start doubting Saban.

Mark my words:

1) USC doesn't win the Pac Ten this year.

2) LSU finishes with at least three losses in the regular season.

3) Clemson steps outside themselves and actually DOES win the ACC.

4) South Carolina bounces back and shocks one fo the big boys to win 9 games this year.

5) And finally, one for us... Auburn leads the SEC in turnover margin.

Mark my word:

1. Georgia will not win the SEC East.

2. Auburn beats LSU by 10 points and continues the streak by beating Bama by 14 OR MORE!

3. Ohio State will not play for the NC.

4. Clemson will destroy Alabama's defense in the opening game.

5. Mario Fannin will have a breakout year receiving and running.

Mark my words:

1) Auburn wins 10 games (including bowl game)

2) Auburn beats Alabama for the 7th straight season

3) Ole Miss wins more conference games than Miss St.

4) UGA wins the SEC East and the SEC championship, but not the national championship

5) Tim Tebow decides to stay for his senior season, even after not winning a chamionship or another Heisman this year

Mark my Words:

1. Georgia will have a mediocre season when compared to expectations, losing at least 4 games.

2. Auburn plays Florida in the SEC Championship.

3. Ole Miss beats Alabama.

4. Best game of the year turns out to be Tennessee at Auburn.

5. Adding to Alabama's official irrelevance in college football, Auburn thrashes them at home by double digits.

Mark my words :::

3. At least 1 Bama player will get arrested before October

I thought we were making predicitions, not stating what everyone already treats as a foregone conclusion.

Mark My Words:

1. UGA loses at least two games, but not to Arizona State. Them, UGA beats like a drum in Tempe.

2. Alabama wins no more than 8 games, including it's bowl game.

3. USC pounds OSU.

4. Bobby Bowden says "dadgum" at least eleventy billion times this season. Jimbo Fisher wonders whether it's worth it.

5. Bobby Petrino doesn't make any new friends as Ar-kansas starts out 2-4. Arthur Blank laughs his ass off.

6. Auburn vs. UT will be a battle of the walking wounded, as we come off a game against LSU and UT comes off a game against Florida. Whoever has the ball last wins the game in a low-scoring snoozer on CBS.

7. In the first week of the season, Auburn and LSU both run it up on ULM and App. St., respectively, in subtle jabs at Alabama and Michigan.

8. Auburn loses 2 or 3 in the regular season. I hate to say it, but with 2 new coordinators, what do you really expect?

Mark my word: Birmingham will be placed in the local crazy house by December.

Mark my word...IT will not WAIT 'til December.

Mark my word...The $4mil boy will REMAIN a JERK in the eyes of all. (All that have a brain cell, that is.)

Mark My Word:

1) UF wins the East

2) 7 = The Streak Continues.....

3) Nutt has a winning record and takes Ole Miss to a Bowl....

4) MS State loses to La. Tech (in Ruston, LA) in their opening game....All that matters is no longer Maroon...

5) LSU struggles with a new quarterback and loses at least 3 games.....Miles "coaching" ability is now in

question....

6) Bama loses to Clemson and gets at most 7 wins including the bowl game....

7) UT will be mediocre yet will upset UF or UGA....

8) AU beats West Virgina and leaves Morgantown 8-0....

9) Ohio State loses to USC, Penn St., Illinois, & Michigan....

10) Notre Dame wins 8 games....

11) USC will not go undefeated and will not win the Pac-10....

12) The 2 conferences represented in the NC game will be the SEC and Big 12....

Mark my word:

1. Auburn's return and coverage teams will be better.

2. One of the Mississippi schools takes out UAT.

3. The winner of the AU/UGA game( :au: ) goes to Atlanta, the other is out.

4. Auburn will play more than one QB for a significant amount of time.

5. Auburn beats WVU 31-13.

6. No team goes undefeated in the SEC.

7. The Iron Bowl comes down to a field goal. Saban ices Byrum (ala Urban) as he misses the game winning field goal, he makes the second one. Saban then fires the special teams coach.

8. Three teams will have legitimate claims to play in the BCS championship. Clemson gets the short straw, as USC waxes Oklahoma.

9. Auburn plays Ohio State in the Sugar Bowl. SEC speed prevails. :au: 34 - OSU 17.

Mark my word:

1. We will extend The Streak over bammer to seven winning by 10 or more.

2. We will beat LSU and win the West.

3. Bobby Bowden will announce his retirement after the season or by the end of the season.

4. Joe Pa will do the same.

5. Bama loses to Auburn, LSU, MSU and Georgia in the SEC plus Clemson, finishing 7-5.

1. Ohio State upsets USC

2. Georgia plays Oklahoma in the BCS Championship game.

3. UA does not have a Hypsome Trophy winner for the 72 year in a row. I think it started in 1936.

4. AU does not win the MNC for the 51st year in a row.

- LSU loses at least 3 games, probably 4

- Iron Bowl ends up deciding the West

- UF loses 3 games including their bowl game

- Kentucky returns to being a non-bowl program

- UGA has 2 losses NOT including their bowl game

Archived