Mark My Word 2008

DaddyBoyAU

Tim Tebow will suffer a horrific knee injury against UGA, but Jesus will descend from the heaven's, miraculously heal his knee, and Tebow will go on to beat UGA with a team made of nothing but 3rd world children.

YES

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mark my words: The stunt from the :uga: - :uf: game will be copied ad nauseum all season long and will be a tired cliche by the end of the 2008 season.

We will play UGA in the SEC game it will be the first rival game ever in the Dome.

That's a good point. I never thought about the fact that there has never been a traditional rivalry game in the SECCG. I guess it is tough b/c most traditional rivals are in the same division. Would anything qualify as a traditional rivaly besides AU-UGA or Bama-Tenn?

Oh, and to keep in the spirit of the thread:

Mark my words:

Auburn will play Georgia in the SECCG before Bama plays Tennessee.

We played Flala in the 00 SECCG...that's a rival. LSU played Flala, that's a turditional rival too.

Mark my words: The stunt from the :uga: - :uf: game will be copied ad nauseum all season long and will be a tired cliche by the end of the 2008 season.

It already is old

It was funny to see Mark Richt on ESPN College Football Live today and have Reese Davis ask him "Why do you think this incident refuses to die"

I was yelling at the TV screen, "BECAUSE YOU IDIOTS PLAY IT EVERY DAMN MINUTE ON TV, THATS WHY!"

It is as if the media doesn't realize they are the reason for things being over-played

Tennessee will get blown out in an early game it isn't supposed to lose (again), everyone will call for fat Phil's head (again), and he will somehow win the SEC east (again), and get a contract extension.

Clemson will come out like a house afire (again), be adored by the media and receive tons of NC hype (again), and will then lose to a GT or BC, and wind up 9-3 (again).

Wouldn't surprise me if Fulmer does that. I suspect he does that in 2009 season though. I think UT wins 8 games and he gets another hot-seat season and he saves it yet again when his seat gets warm which at the moment it isn't.

As for Clemson, they get pre-season love every year it seems (even when not highly ranked, they are picked as the sleeper team) and then live up to it but somehow finds a way to choke not 1 but 2-3 games....yearly

It already is old

It was funny to see Mark Richt on ESPN College Football Live today and have Reese Davis ask him "Why do you think this incident refuses to die"

I was yelling at the TV screen, "BECAUSE YOU IDIOTS PLAY IT EVERY DAMN MINUTE ON TV, THATS WHY!"

It is as if the media doesn't realize they are the reason for things being over-played

Did he say, "You're the media. Why don't you tell me?"?

If not, he should have.

Mark my words:

1) I'll have the closest ambulance service on speed dial for all the heart attacks watching my Tigers will make me think I'm having.

2) I'll be second guessing CTT before September is over.

3) I'll be singing CTT's praises by season's end.

4) Ole Miss beats Arkansas.

5) South Carolina wins the SEC East, then promptly loses to Miss State in the SECCG.

6) Nebraska wins the Big 12.

7) Nick Saban is served a subpoena when the Tide travels to Knoxville.

Mark my words:

1) Vanderbilt wins two SEC games (it won't be Auburn)

2) Les Miles buys a hat that fits

3) Against UGA Auburn wears blue and kicks their a$$

4) Kodi Burns has more passing and rushing yards than Tim Teabow

5) Knowshon Moreno has less than 50 yds. against Auburn. :au:

Mark my word: The winner of the AU-WVU game will rise to #1 in the polls just afterward

I will bet you absolutely nothing that WVU has 1 loss before the AU game and ends the year with 3 or 4

- Alabama will beat LSU at home.

Care to put your money where your mouth is?

This will be fun. bammer set a precedent on this board that if you propose a wager and the other side doesn't acknowledge or accept, you get to hound them incessantly and spam old dead threads with snide taunts no one really cares about.

Release the hounds.

[ok, I really posted this just to force him to say no thanks, he won't take that bet. ;) ]

This will be fun. bammer set a precedent on this board that if you propose a wager and the other side doesn't acknowledge or accept, you get to hound them incessantly and spam old dead threads with snide taunts no one really cares about.

Release the hounds.

[ok, I really posted this just to force him to say no thanks, he won't take that bet. ;) ]

Well, BamaGrad03 still owes me from our bet last years for the LSU - 'bama game. He hasn't paid up yet so...

wow...talk about putting your foot in your mouth. uat should be figuring out how to beat teams like ULM before they run off about taking down one of the big boys in the SEC. baby steps, uat, baby steps... Wouldn't surprise me at all to LSU win this one by 3 or more TD's...

Dont bet with ellishugh, he drank up all my beer.... :cry3:

;)

The thing about this game is I really compare it to last year.Bama had that game won and screwed it up at the end.Take factors into this game with LSU having no real QB threat,and I can see Bama winning,which will actually be good for us since in no way do they pose a threat to win the west like LSU.

LSU D line will be down a bit as well.LSU doesn't do well against passing teams.

It can happen.

One other thing about LSU their schedule is App St, Troy and North Texas,Then Auburn.That's no way to prepare for Auburn.

Win,win,win LOSS.

Mark my words:

Tennessee wins the east.

Auburn dominates West Virginia.

Oklahoma will play Auburn in the title game.

Michigan will finally beat tOSU.

Notre Dame will go to a bowl.

Vanderbilt will go to a bowl.

Arkansas will make it to the independence bowl based on pure coaching.

Alabama will NOT go to a bowl game.

I could see Alabama beating LSU

Don't think that is too big of an upset as both teams will be good next year and Alabama has a history of beating LSU @LSU

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I know this is like a week or two old - but I felt like adding on my predictions after panning each SEC schedule after a recent thread:

Mark my words:

1) MSU over Tennessee - Fulmer gets Croomed

2) Tennessee starts off SEC play 0-5. An easy schedule to close out the season calms the critics a tad (just enough not to fire Fulmer, but still enough for him not to accept a raise)

3) Ole Miss defeats #2 ranked and then-undefeated Auburn

4) LSU defeats UGA (their only regular season loss)

5) Kentucky over South Carolina

6) Vanderbilt over Kentucky

7) Vandy and Kentucky both miss bowls with 5 win seasons

8) South Carolina is on thin ice of a bowl berth with a 6-6 season

9) LSU loses to UGA in Atlanta

10) UGA loses in the MNC game and we hear that the SEC is "weak."

11) Alabama beats Auburn and their fans are stupidly ridiculous afterwards claiming they are "back."

12) Auburn loses 3 of the last 4 after starting out 8-0

13) Alabama loses to Clemson, LSU, and UGA (fans are quiet during the season with no significant wins other than UT going into the Iron Bowl)

14) Ole Miss gets to a bowl game (7 wins) thanks to better coaching

15) LSU wins the West, thus 3rd time in 7 years that Auburn wins the LSU game, but doesn't go to Atlanta

16) Tebow doesn't win the Heisman

17) WVU struggles similar to Louisville last year, but not AS bad

18) Auburn declares a full-time starting QB following the LSU victory, upon either QB having a breakout game.

19) Fans are worried about our secondary because of the freshmen, but because they aren't tested during the first 7 games of the season, the fans think our secondary is to be the best in the nation. As usual, fans eat their words with the closing stretch of the season as our secondary falls. Paul Rhoads feels the heat for this.

20) Alabama still has a "better" recruiting class (according to the rankings).

OK, I know this is like a week or two old - but I felt like adding on my predictions after panning each SEC schedule after a recent thread:

Mark my words:

2) Tennessee starts off SEC play 0-5. An easy schedule to close out the season calms the critics a tad (just enough not to fire Fulmer, but still enough for him not to accept a raise)

11) Alabama beats Auburn and their fans are stupidly ridiculous afterwards claiming they are "back."

13) Alabama loses to Clemson, LSU, and UGA (fans are quiet during the season with no significant wins other than UT going into the Iron Bowl)

15) LSU wins the West, thus 3rd time in 7 years that Auburn wins the LSU game, but doesn't go to Atlanta

18) Auburn declares a full-time starting QB following the LSU victory, upon either QB having a breakout game.

19) Fans are worried about our secondary because of the freshmen, but because they aren't tested during the first 7 games of the season, the fans think our secondary is to be the best in the nation. As usual, fans eat their words with the closing stretch of the season as our secondary falls. Paul Rhoads feels the heat for this.

You realize the gaol is to make predictions that will come true? I don't think any of your predictions will be true other than maybe 13, 14 and 17 (though that has to be the vaguest prediction).

Mark my words:

Yeah, I think PC champ missed the boat on this one.

Mark my words:

Auburn is the lone undefeated team at the end of the season.

Bama finishes regular season 6-6 (3-5 SEC) and makes the annual trip to Shreveport with an interim coach.

Georgia only loses two games - a close game in Jordan-Hare and a blow out in the SEC champiobnship game.

Ohio State loses third straight BCS game to an SEC team by 20+ points and rather than admit the Big 10 (11) is a farce ESPN will continue to say that OSU choked.

Release the hounds.

Well, BamaGrad03 still owes me from our bet last years for the LSU - 'bama game. He hasn't paid up yet so...

WOW...a Bamar welching on a bet...who'd a thunk it? B)

:au::homer:

I could see Alabama beating LSU

Don't think that is too big of an upset as both teams will be good next year and Alabama has a history of beating LSU @LSU

Alabama will NOT be good this year. Let me reiterate...they lost FIVE guys off the defense that played in teh Iron Bowl...they are decimated and lack depth to boot. They cannot score enough points to cover that up. 8-4 TOPS...but probably 7-5 regular season again. :puke:

LSU will pound them a new one.

:au::homer:

Mark my word, AU loses to UF in the SEC championship game (but setting up our 2009 national championship team).

MMW, UVA beats USC first game of the year.

MMW, Army has a winning season.

MMW, this is both Jo-Pas and Bobby's last seasons coaching, but both are "retained" by their colleges.

MMW, Mark Richt goes to the NFL this year.

Archived