Recruiting Advice...

Eagle86

Leave it to Steve Spurrier to boil recruiting down...

"It's sort of like going after girls. You do the best you can."

B)

He is struggling mightily at South Carolina

Had that one great class 2-3 years ago but since then has really fallen flat for MANY of their top recruits

I doubt he expected to struggle as much as he has when he came to South Carolina

Probably thought by Year 4 that he would be able to recruit nationally much easier then he can right now

He is struggling mightily at South Carolina

Had that one great class 2-3 years ago but since then has really fallen flat for MANY of their top recruits

I doubt he expected to struggle as much as he has when he came to South Carolina

Probably thought by Year 4 that he would be able to recruit nationally much easier then he can right now

and he will need to recruit nationally if he wants to get some studs, SC just isn't a year after year football farm.

Clemson has the "tradishun" in SC sortof like Bammer in Alabama. Spurrier had a recruiting gold mine in Florida that is not available in SC. AU has to fight against some of those same type issues.....just confirms to me how good CTT is at knowing how to make it work at AU.

Clemson has the "tradishun" in SC sortof like Bammer in Alabama. Spurrier had a recruiting gold mine in Florida that is not available in SC. AU has to fight against some of those same type issues.....just confirms to me how good CTT is at knowing how to make it work at AU.

Not to mention he had to try and pick up the pieces of a program that Lou Holtz left in shambles. I think he will have them up and running in another year or two.

Also like girls, the one's you pay for are more of a sure thing! :rolleyes:

('specially if their high school coach is pimping them out...)

Also like girls, the one's you pay for are more of a sure thing! :rolleyes:

('specially if their high school coach is pimping them out...)

Are you suggesting that Bama can't get a date on it own?

:)

Not to mention he had to try and pick up the pieces of a program that Lou Holtz left in shambles. I think he will have them up and running in another year or two.

The program was bad but it wasn't that bad

Holtz left Spurrier with some talent and depth at most positions

It was no secret that he wasn't a big fan of recruiting even when at UF.

I said when he took the SC job that he'd have a tough time because UF sells itself, and he wouldn't be willing to do the work to have SC be a destination for top grade athletes.

I remember him going into a recruit's house and kicking at their dog when he/she came up to sniff his leg. Yeah, that'll win over the parents....lol

The program was bad but it wasn't that bad

Holtz left Spurrier with some talent and depth at most positions

And in my opinion certainly not as bad as what CTT came into at Auburn.

No. Not even close to what AU was at when Tubs came

Spurrier had to kick off several starters and clean house in several areas but the team was not completely depleted as some USC fans like to say

Archived