Brandon Gibson suspended

runswithscissors

Gibson will be suspended for the first two games of the season for committing (unknowingly) an inadvertent secondary NCAA violation. while he was in high school he got a ride from a friend to a UA sporting event. the friend's father is a UA booster. whats funny is if he had known his friend since 8th grade, it would not have been a violation. but since he only knew his friend since the 9th grade, that technically made it a violation. UA self reported this to the NCAA and they accepted the two game suspension. they didn't even have to suspend him but did anyways.

http://blog.al.com/live/2008/08/university...a_receiver.html

Guilty Consciences sometimes make you do little things to make you feel better about the bigger fish you've hid. This sounds like some random story, I don't think it has much of a chance to get Bama in trouble.

It was a plane ride....Gibson was supposed to come to Auburn that weekend on a unofficial visit, but he opted out, instead he went to a uat basketball game with family And friends.

It was a plane ride....Gibson was supposed to come to Auburn that weekend on a unofficial visit, but he opted out, instead he went to a uat basketball game with family And friends.

which message board are you using for your inside source? or are you just totally making this one up? another great demonstration of the good ol' "if it doesn't exist, make it up" logic.

EDIT: my question about which message board he got his rumor from has been quickly answered. as usual, The Prowler has no sort of inside knowledge of anything, only message board rumors.

Ohhh BG!!!!! I told you it was true........ B)

Remeber guys, "there's nothing to it"....

which message board are you using for your inside source? or are you just totally making this one up? another great demonstration of the good ol' "if it doesn't exist, make it up" logic.

Brother you being so naive over your team's ways of running a program are going to come back and bite you. There are a ton of Bama boosters that like to brag about the benefits they provide for the Tide and this was common knowledge the weekend it happened. Bama’s biggest problem is Bama itself.

It happened exactly like I previously typed. It was a PLANE RIDE to a uat basketball game.

It happened exactly like I previously typed. It was a PLANE RIDE to a uat basketball game.

dude, you saw a rumor on a message board. and i'm going to go out on a limb and say if the kid got a plane ride that the NCAA isn't just going to say "2 games? knock yourself out" and let it go. i laugh every time you come on here and post something like you have some sort of knowledge of anything, and every time it is some rumor you saw on a message board. but you know with guys like WAR-MATT and WarTim around, they will eat it up with a spoon and run with it.

Brother you being so naive over your team's ways of running a program are going to come back and bite you. There are a ton of Bama boosters that like to brag about the benefits they provide for the Tide and this was common knowledge the weekend it happened. Bama’s biggest problem is Bama itself.

which weekend was it? which date specifically, and which airport did the plane depart from or go to?

Seems like a non story. I got plenty of rides from other parents. I doubt a ride made him decide to go to Bama.

Btw, teams with moderate infractions always try to take matters into their own hands to avoid NCAA investigations. If it looks like it could have legs its better to admit it and downplay it with a 2 game suspension rather than let the NCAA bring it up.

Ok, I would love to trounce on the bammies and lil' nickie about this, but seriously I think it is RETARTED, and shouldn't be news anyway (nor should the kid be suspended over this). Just my two cents.

Now, if it was a plane ride in a booster plane (prowler, can you find a link?) then that is a BIG flag raiser, and I would think that the NCAA would really look at that one closely.

which weekend was it? which date specifically, and which airport did the plane depart from or go to?

I don't care that much to remember the exact dates or you were playing. But it was the Saturday before signing day. BG was supposed to visit AU again that weekend and was considered a AU lean at time, but ended up in t-town. You can do a search on this board and you'll find it.

No, what you said was that we cheated in our recruitment of Gibson and that it was going to put us on probation.

But you guys also said the Hoover thing was gonna get us the death penalty.

That hoover thing was really close to home.

NCAA hasn't been able to do much to anyone lately, until USC and reggie bush face their rules infractions I think almost anyone can write a check through a booster for any player.

You can get in big trouble if you find out about an infraction (no matter the severity) and don't self report it. MUCH BIGGER TROUBLE.

No, what you said was that we cheated in our recruitment of Gibson and that it was going to put us on probation.

What do you call giving a recruit a plane ride from Mobile to T-town? I call it cheating. And I don't think I’ve ever mentioned the DP but your university will before a NCAA review board in the near future.

Remember this 2 game suspension only clears BG not UAT or the booster. By the way since "there's nothing to see here", who was the booster; Maisel, McConnell or Richardson?

What do you call giving a recruit a plane ride from Mobile to T-town? I call it cheating. And I don't think I’ve ever mentioned the DP but your university will before a NCAA review board in the near future.

Remember this 2 game suspension only clears BG not UAT or the booster. By the way since "there's nothing to see here", who was the booster; Maisel, McConnell or Richardson?

Which one of those owns the car dealership in Mobile?

So you think there's something sinister about travelling with a family friend whom he'd known for 4 years? ESPECIALLY since it's in the rules that had he known him for 5 then it would be ok...

You think the NCAA is going to hammer us for this?

Or are they going to wait until after they hammer us for the Hoover thing in 2047?

Face it, you thought this was some big deal because you hate alabama and SOOOOO want them to get in trouble again. Therefore, you made it out to be way more than it was. This misstep is the laughing stock of all NCAA "rules" as it is. It's a MINOR MINOR MINOR thing, no more egregious than what schools (INCLUDING AUBURN) report multiple times a year.

Which one of those owns the car dealership in Mobile?

McConnell

Archived