XM Radio Question

I just got an XM radio so I could pick up the Auburn games here in North Carolina. Question - Can I get the games through XM Online? I went online and it says only "certain channels" are available. What????

I bought the service and I have an XM radio in the car, but one of the reasons I bought it was that I could listen to games at home, office, wherever I have my computer. Insights?

I just got an XM radio so I could pick up the Auburn games here in North Carolina. Question - Can I get the games through XM Online? I went online and it says only "certain channels" are available. What????

I bought the service and I have an XM radio in the car, but one of the reasons I bought it was that I could listen to games at home, office, wherever I have my computer. Insights?

No, the online channels are limited to music, some talk but no sports except ESPN Radio and the MLB at Plate channel that's a baseball talk channel.

So you do you have a portable receiver or just one through the system in your car?

If it's just your car you're kinda screwed for listening to games - unless you're in the car or maybe if you have an FM transmitter and can pull your car really close for radio reception.

You can always get a cheap portable and home kit. Seriously what could you possibly be doing listening to Auburn at the office?

Contact XM and let them know your disappointment. I just used their online contact form to send them an e-mail.

I have heard from several XM subscribers that they are disappointed that your newly added SEC football broadcasts are not available on XM Online. Will you add them to your XM Online programming, and if so, when? Thank you!

It may not make a difference, but silence will not either.

So you do you have a portable receiver or just one through the system in your car?

I have cheap portable (XPRESS)

If it's just your car you're kinda screwed for listening to games - unless you're in the car or maybe if you have an FM transmitter and can pull your car really close for radio reception.

You can always get a cheap portable and home kit. Seriously what could you possibly be doing listening to Auburn at the office?

I'm a little ignorant about the subject. I believe I could get a home kit ($30.00), but I have to have an "XM ready" source to play it through. Whatever that means.

I have cheap portable (XPRESS)

I'm a little ignorant about the subject. I believe I could get a home kit ($30.00), but I have to have an "XM ready" source to play it through. Whatever that means.

The home kit will let you connect to anything that will accept a standard RCA input. You could hook the thing up to your TV and play it through there, but you couldn't watch anything unless you connected the video source to your cable/satellite box. Confuse you much?

Bottom line, the home kit doesn't require an XM ready receiver, just one that takes RCA (red and white) inputs.

Archived