The kiss of death...

Bama Possum

Awesome. They can be on the cover every time they win and it would be more than fine by me. I never want to be on an SI cover again unless it's the season-ending special edition copy.

Do you have any idea how much money SI would make if they did have Alabama on the cover regularly? Throw a Bear Bryant cover in there and they would have record profits.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what's so egregious about this one?

Nothing

It is good to see SI giving us Bama updates through covers every year

In 2005, Bama is Back!

In 2007, Saban is bringing Bama Back!

In 2008, Bama is Back to being a Force in the SEC!

If you can't see what is going on, you need to take off your glasses

Alabama fans work at the company and are doing whatever they can to get their team on the cover for exposure. It is pathetic and needs to be stopped.

If Bama beats AU and wins the SEC, I am fine with a cover

But please spare the rest of the country from the pleasure of Bama fans taking over a great sports magazine for their own enjoyment

ESPN is just helping $aban with the almighty recruiting battle. What recruit wouldn't want their pic on the cover of the largest sports mag in the world? I just wonder what bammer grad is working for Forbes?

The mag doesn't come out till the 8th. I think they could have had the NFL storylines of the season on the cover. I think that would have made for better sports news.

SLink let me send you copies of the Huntsville Times, even after losses they hype up the Tide. Not to mention that they have at least one picture of Saban somewhere.

The mag doesn't come out till the 8th. I think they could have had the NFL storylines of the season on the cover. I think that would have made for better sports news.

Again, they come out with a college football cover EVERY SINGLE YEAR to kickoff the season.

Why is this news this year?

Again, they come out with a college football cover EVERY SINGLE YEAR to kickoff the season.

Why is this news this year?

Because Bama is Back! Again! For Real this time! No Seriously, They're Back!

Awesome. They can be on the cover every time they win and it would be more than fine by me. I never want to be on an SI cover again unless it's the season-ending special edition copy.

I think they have been. B)

I have been browsing this one for a while, has anyone read the article yet? Mine finally came in the mail yesterday. The first line was all I needed to read, (paraphrase) Saban channeled Bear Bryant, made me want to throw up.

Is it that unusual for a top 25 team to beat a top 10 team? (not taking away from your victory, it was a good win) I would think that ECU fans think their win was just as big as UA fans think theirs was, same could be said about UCLA, a pretty storied program itself and with CRN making his return to the college ranks. Just saying, there are other programs that have their own blinders as well and probably think they deserved the cover as well.

I have been browsing this one for a while, has anyone read the article yet? Mine finally came in the mail yesterday. The first line was all I needed to read, (paraphrase) Saban channeled Bear Bryant, made me want to throw up.

Is it that unusual for a top 25 team to beat a top 10 team? (not taking away from your victory, it was a good win) I would think that ECU fans think their win was just as big as UA fans think theirs was, same could be said about UCLA, a pretty storied program itself and with CRN making his return to the college ranks. Just saying, there are other programs that have their own blinders as well and probably think they deserved the cover as well.

You're right and those wins are just as important in the big scheme of things. Ours in big to us ,and every team that won their first game this season consider their win big. If ya'll have a problem with SI doing a cover on us, shouldn't you contact them and complain. Why give us a hard time about beinig on the cover so much. We don't call them, they call us.

You're right and those wins are just as important in the big scheme of things. Ours in big to us ,and every team that won their first game this season consider their win big. If ya'll have a problem with SI doing a cover on us, shouldn't you contact them and complain. Why give us a hard time about beinig on the cover so much. We don't call them, they call us.

I am not complaining about you having the cover, far from it. I didn't like the article, very much some homerism in my mind. I was just saying, BG and some others have asked what is a bigger story. I just provided some examples where other fan bases think their stories are the biggest one's of the season so far.

To answer your question that I have in bold.....B/C your bammer and that is what we do? B)

ECU beat an 18th ranked Va Tech team. The game wasn't hyped up all summer, nor was it in prime time. Additionally, ECU doesn't play in a conference that matters on the national scene. Nor have ECU's recent shortcomings been highlighted in the media at every turn.

Additionally, ECU didn't look like a good team on saturday. They both looked bad.

I think the UT/UCLA could have rivaled Bama for the cover, but the game was on monday...too late to get a cover for it.

Why give us a hard time about beinig on the cover so much.

Because Alabama Alumni/Fans are doing it for their own pleasure of seeing their team on the cover over and over and over and over and over

I keep hearing Bama fans claiming that SI wanted to sell copies....is there some fact that Bama on the cover sells more copies of SI or something? Where does that claim come from.....

Where does that claim come from.....

I don't know...ask Forbes.

I did and didn't come away with any impression that Alabama somehow jump starts sales whenever they are on a cover....just that it was an interesting story/cover about Saban that did well sale wise

Still don't see where that means that putting Alabama on a cover somehow sells copies anymore than a UT/UGA/AU/LSU player in a win

Still don't see where that means that putting Alabama on a cover somehow sells copies anymore than a UT/UGA/AU/LSU player in a win

Because UT/UGA/AU/LSU fans might actually screen the article and choose whether to buy the magazine based on some other criteria than just their team is on the cover. UT/UGA/AU/LSU fans may buy 1 copy of a magazine if they like it. Bammers will buy at least 10 of anything that has to do with bammer.

The fact that Bama is put on the cover after the CU game is an absolute joke and everyone here knows that I have no ill-will towards Bama

It was obvious why they got on the cover last time in 2005 or 2006 with the writer and others being Bama alumni

But, this is really unbelievable. The win was not THAT BIG to warrant a cover.

If they are going to put Bama on the front cover every time they win a big game, just admit you are doing it with bias in your blood instead of insulting the country that this news story is cover-worthy

Slink I am with the bammers on this one. It was arguably THE game in an otherwise sedate weekend. I am no big fan of the bama fan base, but the team played and executed very well. They won the biggest game of the weekend. Clemsuck did as they are known to do and came in and played flat as can be. Did you see CTB before kick off? Hell, Shula never looked that 'deer-in-the-headlights' to my knowledge.

Archived