Byrum

PowerI

I said it last year and I have said it after every kick this year:

If we kicked from between the hashes, Byrum would perhaps be perfect on the season. When will the coaches learn this? I realize I am an engineer, but it doesn't take a genius to realize that Byrum is like 10-20% from the hashes.

And it hasn't always been with Byrum. Definitely was the case with Vaughn. And I think Duval in his senior season as well.

dude, every PLAY (FG attempt or otherwise) is between the hashes. That's what the hash marks are for. The hash marks are often called Inbounds Lines as well... Also the coaches can't tell the referee where they want the ball placed because its 4th down and we're in FG range.

I said it last year and I have said it after every kick this year:

If we kicked from between the hashes, Byrum would perhaps be perfect on the season. When will the coaches learn this? I realize I am an engineer, but it doesn't take a genius to realize that Byrum is like 10-20% from the hashes.

And it hasn't always been with Byrum. Definitely was the case with Vaughn. And I think Duval in his senior season as well.

dude, every PLAY (FG attempt or otherwise) is between the hashes. That's what the hash marks are for. The hash marks are often called Inbounds Lines as well... Also the coaches can't tell the referee where they want the ball placed because its 4th down and we're in FG range.

I think he means that Byrum doesn't kick well from one hash or the other. He only seems to do well when the ball is somewhere near the middle area between both hashes.

Kickers are like hockey goalies-- the pressure makes them mental cases, all of them.

Wes is Auburn's no. 1 kicker. That said, I think it's time to sit him down for a while and let Morgan Hull have a try. Sometimes you have to put a player on the bench for them to get their focus back. Kickers, QBs, linemen, doesn't matter.

Wes will get his groove back. He's a good kicker. He's just in a funk right now. Might have something to do with coaching too.

It's hard to believe folks are even talking about the heaters. For a couple millenea layered clothing and blankets have kept athletes sufficiently warm in much colder temps than October in Morgantown, W. Va.

Of course that was before "ME" generations, whining about 3 weeks of 2-a-days, and the 18 year old primadonna that has a coach to wake him up for class.

Well, crap. I read your post and I knew I shouldn't have.

You are WRONG if you think our kicker would have made a difference in a 34-17 loss. How many did he miss? How many points per miss were lost?

I know exactly how many he missed, but let's say he missed FIVE. We still lose 34-32. His kicking had NO IMPACT on the game tonight.

LAY OFF THE DARN KICKER. He's easy to point a finger at. Go beat him out for his spot, and then you can run your mouth.

And you don't think it would've made a differnece in the LSU Game? You are a freakin moron. Nice camo hat too, way to give a good name to auburn.

And you don't think it would've made a differnece in the LSU Game? You are a freakin moron. Nice camo hat too, way to give a good name to auburn.

Strong words for your 11th post, friend.

We were not discussing the LSU game. Perhaps you might consider reading the text you quote and directly respond to?

I realize I am an engineer, but it doesn't take a genius to realize that Byrum is like 10-20% from the hashes.

Dude, how freakin conceited can you be???

And MR. GENIUS, you can't move the ball on a field goal, you've got to snap it where the ref spots it. Ever wonder why teams run the ball to the middle of the field when they know they're going to kick it on the next down?

Let's look at this from a different angle. Why is it that our freshman kickers are DAMN good....until they get to be sophomores?

Durst will more than likely be terrible next season. Why?

Since when is a camo hat taboo?

Some people on this board like to think that they are better than others.

And they demonstrate it 11 times.

Byrum is benched. Clinton Durst is the new kicker. Thank God

http://jaygtate.blogspot.com/

I may be wrong but I think you are misinterpreting what Tubs is saying. I think he is saying that Durst is now kicking FGs in practice as well as KOs. He also says Byrum kicks well in practice so I dn't read that he is sayong Byrum is benched....yet.

Apparently TitanTiger is the only one that understood what I meant by the hashes. I'm not saying there is a solution. Well there would be, but that would basically be conceding to FG's (like run the ball to the middle of the field on 3rd down, or run on 2nd to the middle and attempt a pass on 3rd).

Or we could just start going for it on 4th down. Sounds crazy. I'm just stating that our kicking game is very poor, would going for it on 4th down be that bad of a decision? And I'm not talking about when we can't punch it from inside the two.

The only solution would be a better kicker. But I guess my point is, if you are going to run the ball on 3rd down, run it to the middle of the field because we are probably playing for a FG anyways.

And to he who referred to Duval. I recall Tuberville always stating how it was unfair for Duval to share both kicking and punting duties. When did he chew out Duval? That must've been in like the SEC Championship game in 2000 or in 99 at UT?

Is is just me or do you have kenfolks that have Good Camouflage for Dress up occasions such as weddings and Funerals.

Is is just me or do you have kenfolks that have Good Camouflage for Dress up occasions such as weddings and Funerals.

Is that like a Barbie doll thing? Or did you mean "kin" folks?

I am a student and I have been going out a lot recently and guess who I have seen every time I have been out.. Wes Byrum at the bar atleast a couple times a week... He should have been concentrating on hitting those field goals instead of going out every night! I wanted to tell him he should be out at the field at the moment. His head is just not into the game this year!

I would hope not. :)

Hey that's pretty funny. Did you think of that all by yourself?

I have wore camoflauge for fourteen years while defending our great nation, so I happen to like it. I also like to hunt, and do things outdoors. I guess those things make me a mouth breather huh?

One more thing, Brother, if you're going to have your Masonic sig for the world to see, then you should act like a Mason, not a childish pr*ck.

Hey that's pretty funny. Did you think of that all by yourself?

I have wore camoflauge for fourteen years while defending our great nation, so I happen to like it. I also like to hunt, and do things outdoors. I guess those things make me a mouth breather huh?

One more thing, Brother, if you're going to have your Masonic sig for the world to see, then you should act like a Mason, not a childish pr*ck.

I thought that was the star of David? Jewish but not masonic.

I always get the stupid camo wallet for Christmas...there's an idea make it even harder for me to find my money? hehehe

Archived