Three top recruits saying

PigskinPat

Big-time recruits sticking with Auburn

Posted by Charles Goldberg, Birmingham News November 17, 2008 10:05 AM

Categories: Football, Recruiting

Auburn lost to Georgia over the weekend, as we all know, but apparently impressed three big-time high school seniors already on the Tigers' commitment list.

Despite a disappointing season, quarterback Raymond Cotton, running back Onterio McCalebb and tight end Phillip Lutzenkirchen all said they intend to sign with Auburn in February after visiting over the weekend. We know this from our friends at websites that closely follow the recruiting game.

Here's what they said:

AuburnUndercover.com says Cotton solidified his commitment. "This is where I want to be," Cotton told the website. "I get along with the players real well. I just like it here."

Cotton passed for 2,243 yards with 24 touchdowns in Fort Meade, Md., this season.

"That was a great atmosphere," Cotton said. "It's a big stadium. To have that many people supporting you in a game is really good."

Cotton said coach Tommy Tuberville assured his father he will be back next season.

Inside the Auburn Tigers said McCalebb was set to sign. "This is it for me,'' he said. "I'll be there in January. My first time I met coach (Eddie) Gran I knew he produced running backs in the NFL. That's what I want to do with my life. I want to make it to the league.''

AuburnSports.com said Lutzenkirchen came out with a ``Auburn is still where I want to go.'' He's still visiting other schools, but says he plans to sign with Auburn. He was hosted by offensive lineman Ryan Pugh, whose father happens to be an assistant coach at Lutzenkirchen's high school in Marietta, Ga.

http://blog.al.com/goldmine/2008/11/bigtim...cking_with.html

",,,,,,,,My first time I met coach (Eddie) Gran I knew he produced running backs in the NFL. That's what I want to do with my life. I want to make it to the league.''

A great goal for him to set for himself. :thumbsup: Here's hoping he makes it and here's hoping he gets an education. Just in case the other does not pan out. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Archived