What about Al

maryland tiger

Why are we banging our heads trying to figure out who the next coach will be when we have the perfect fit already in town? Al Borges!!! He loves Auburn and he is still on the payroll. He would take the job for much less than a "big time" coach! :au:

Why are we banging our heads trying to figure out who the next coach will be when we have the perfect fit already in town? Al Borges!!! He loves Auburn and he is still on the payroll. He would take the job for much less than a "big time" coach! :au:

Cocaine is a hell of a drug!!

I may be mistaken but I think if Maryland tiger had used this :drippingsarcasm7pa: or these :lmao::lmao: his post would have been better received. ;)

I did get a chuckle. Not a full belly laugh, but a slight chuckle.

My question is, has ANYBODY tried asking Pete Caroll? I mean at least make an offer?

Tell him if he want's to prove he's as good as he thinks he is,let's see you do it in the SEC.

If you want to go down a legend come down to Auburn.Southern Cal has too many other distractions to take away from college football.Auburn is college football.

My question is, has ANYBODY tried asking Pete Caroll? I mean at least make an offer?

Tell him if he want's to prove he's as good as he thinks he is,let's see you do it in the SEC.

If you want to go down a legend come down to Auburn.Southern Cal has too many other distractions to take away from college football.Auburn is college football.

LOL.

Pete Carroll doesn't need to come to the SEC to be considered a "legend."

USC has some of the deepest pockets in College football. Trust me!

Nope.....he's a legend in his own mind. The PAC-10=11 wins a season at a min.

USC has some of the deepest pockets in College football. Trust me!

That's how they got Spurrier. ;):big:

:roflol: I needed something to giggle at. Thanks!

Chicken Curse Lives!

See this kind of thinking will get you nowhere.At least ask.Trying never hurt anyone.

Someone call up Pete and ask.

Didn't we fire him due to an ineffective offense too?

In hindsight, maybe he wasn't the problem with the offense; I think the BBQ boys may have been exerting their (negative) influence his last couple of years...

I don't think that considering Al is that bad of an idea.....I mean if we are considering Houston Nutt, why not a man who has already coached many of the current players on the team?? If given free reign I think his offense would be more than fine. I saw an interview with Coach Borges the other night and he said he'd come back if the conditions were right.

I love watching wide open offenses like the spread, but after this year I wonder if it can really work here. Borges' "Gulf Coast" offense was fine the first few years then it became predictable, but who is to say that the problem was really him and his system. We saw first hand this year that an offense doesn't have to be too gimmicky....Arkansas beat us with Petrino's offense (which I really like) which isn't that different than what Borges ran if I remember correctly and Bama just flat out pushed us around.......so it all comes down to execution and personnel. I believe we have great players, we just need a good coach to maximize their potential.....

Pete Carroll doesn't need to come to the SEC to be considered a "legend."

He would be a great idea. All he has to do is announce that a team coached by him will be indeed be competing that year and it is automatically ranked in top 10 for as long as any sort of argument can be constructed to keep them there. They win just by showing up, they do not even have to get off the bus.

Archived