Soft Verbals

AU alum

On the scout.com website, what does the term "soft verbal" mean?

They have Philip Lutz, Onterio McCaleb, Steve Jacques, Ladarius Perkins, and Travante Stallworth as soft verbals.

It means they have committed to a school but are still taking visits to other schools. Some take the visits to check out another school and see if they might like it more. Others make a commitment and tell the coaches they are committed but want to take other visits just to see what else is out there. Sometimes they change their minds and commit to another school. Most times they stay with the school they originally committed to.

PS – If I were a SR in HS and being recruited by the major colleges I would take all my visits. Even if I knew where I would be signing it wouldn’t hurt to see other schools. In fact it would be good for a kid to look around and see something other than the school he grew up being a fan of.

If you shop, we shop or errr something like that, according to CANS

wow, as if we haven't been over the meaning or context of that quote about a million times. at least now we know who doesn't pay attention in class.

wow, as if we haven't been over the meaning or context of that quote about a million times. at least now we know who doesn't pay attention in class.

Was that comment necessary?

yes

yes

Well, I guess you told me!

yes

Well, I guess you told me!

yep

Yeah, CANS doesn't like it when he prostitutes himself for some kid and the kid looks around elsewhere anyway. Little man's syndrome sets in and The $abans goes bonkers.

Archived