Lebo's chances, now?

AU alum

We've won 14 games. Do you think that is enough to keep Lebo here?

We are 14-9 and 3-5 so far in the SEC. Everybody says we need at least 20 wins to get in the NIT. That will save his job. Do you think we can make it?

I, personally,think we'd be crazy to get rid of Lebo. I'm thinking we keep him for at least 2 years with the new basketball complex, then we'll see what to do.

We are 14-9 and 3-5 so far in the SEC. Everybody says we need at least 20 wins to get in the NIT. That will save his job. Do you think we can make it?

I, personally,think we'd be crazy to get rid of Lebo. I'm thinking we keep him for at least 2 years with the new basketball complex, then we'll see what to do.

look if he can manage to win 20 games i'll change my mind about him going but i don't see it in the cards. I really like lebo i just don't think he has the ability to recruit what we need to win in the sec. But i hope i'm wrong we win the 20 and when the new complex is finished perhaps it will help him draw the talent.

We'd have to go 6-1 the rest of the way (not counting the SEC Tournament) to get to 20 wins. Our remaining schedule:

Arkansas

Miss. St.

at Georgia

at LSU

Ole Miss

at Miss St.

at Alabama

LSU

I think we'd be lucky to go 4-3 in that stretch and be 17-12 overall, 8-8 in the SEC going into the SEC tourney. That would mean we'd have to go all the way to the title game to have 20 wins.

We'd have to go 6-1 the rest of the way (not counting the SEC Tournament) to get to 20 wins. Our remaining schedule:

Arkansas

Miss. St.

at Georgia

at LSU

Ole Miss

at Miss St.

at Alabama

LSU

I think we'd be lucky to go 4-3 in that stretch and be 17-12 overall, 8-8 in the SEC going into the SEC tourney. That would mean we'd have to go all the way to the title game to have 20 wins.

That's 8 games genius.

Nice catch, douchenozzle.

I was thrown off by the Texas Pan-Am game in the middle of the SEC schedule, so I counted that we'd already played 9 of the 16 league games.

So with 8 games to play, if we went 4-4, we'd be 18-13 (7-9 SEC) and need to win two in the tourney to get to 20 wins. I don't even think that makes the NIT.

No postseason = No Lebo.

I too would like Lebo to have two more years and play in the new facility. I don't believe the annual talk about getting rid of him adds to our chances of getting better prospects.

Similar to Tommy Tuberville, Lebo's problem is recruiting and retaining talents. I guess Jay J. needs to go to Minisoda to talk to Tubby Smith, who can recruit and can get full supoort from Sir Charles.

TWO more years for Lebo?!? Based on what? Good grief. How long does he need to prove himself? Granted, he's had an uphill climb with freaky stuff, but he's also had an inordinate amount of academic casualties and hasn't recruited very well. And this year there simply aren't any excuses for the underachieving. He's got an experienced team and the injury bug has really only hit one player. Yet we're still losing games we shouldn't and losing games because we can't hit the broad side of a barn from the free throw line.

I'm sorry, but one more year is a stretch. Two more years is ludicrous.

Arkansas

Miss. St.

at Georgia

at LSU

Ole Miss

at Miss St.

at Alabama

LSU

The only two games I see us definitely losing in that lot are @ MSU and @ LSU. Arkansas, Ole Miss, and Moo Stank are beatable at home, as is LSU if we play well. Expect us to win 2 or 3 of those 4. Then we better win at Georgia and Bama... those teams are bad and have given up on the season.

4-4 the rest of the regular season shouldn't be considered lucky, it should be seen as the bare acceptable minimum. Anything else would be embarassing and Lebo would be out of excuses.

TWO more years for Lebo?!? Based on what? Good grief. How long does he need to prove himself? Granted, he's had an uphill climb with freaky stuff, but he's also had an inordinate amount of academic casualties and hasn't recruited very well. And this year there simply aren't any excuses for the underachieving. He's got an experienced team and the injury bug has really only hit one player. Yet we're still losing games we shouldn't and losing games because we can't hit the broad side of a barn from the free throw line.

The two more years was to give him the new arena to recruit with. And see if that helps any. If not, well, then, goodbye Lebo. If it does, surprise, surprise. He's staying.

Show me consistancy, and I will show you Coach Lebo in the new arena! He has to get more wins...and string something together.

The two more years was to give him the new arena to recruit with. And see if that helps any. If not, well, then, goodbye Lebo. If it does, surprise, surprise. He's staying.

He hasn't done anything to deserve having the new arena to recruit with if he doesn't at least make the NIT this year. I'm sorry, but there is no excuse this year, with the SEC in a down year, no great teams in the league (especially in the West) and having a veteran squad for not being in the postseason. I've given him a pass when others wanted his head the last two years because of things beyond his control such as freak injuries. But the team has been pretty healthy except for Lett (a backup) being out. Twenty wins and an NIT berth should have been a given this year. But we still play down to our competition (witness scraping by Texas Pan-Am and getting waxed by Ole Miss), still miss tons of free throws especially when the game is on the line and still have no offensive identity.

I appreciate that he runs a clean program. I appreciate that the kids hustle on defense and play hard overall. But they still lack good fundamentals on offense and recruiting has been so-so overall. If he can't pull this team together and make a serious run to get to the postseason, I just don't see how you can say he deserves TWO more years. I wouldn't give him one more year.

I agree with Titan on this one.

Also, once he gets the arena, some of you guys will state "well, he just got the arena to bring in recruits. Give him 2-3 years to see how those recruits pan out." Now we are talking about 4-5 more years.

Archived