Lady's vs. Vandy

arnaldoabru

The offense is slow, telegraphing passes, and damn they are throwing up some bricks. That isn't even talking about the defense just allowing them to drive right to the basket. I feel like I'm critiquing the mens team.

Can someone explain to me now where we stand?

As far as SEC and National Title hopes are concerned?

Thanks...

Basically, we got out-hustled all through the first half. No defense, as witness all the layups Vandy shot. Poor offense because we were standing around. Nobody was cutting for the ball. Just throwing up bricks when we had to.

You'd think that with all the frustration we've had vs. Vandy in recent years, this would be one game where we hit the floor running. Not so. Poor effort through the first half, and Vandy's too good to spot them 16 points at halftime.

Can someone explain to me now where we stand?

As far as SEC and National Title hopes are concerned?

Thanks...

SEC: Tied with Vandy for first place. Both teams have two games left to play. Then there's the SEC tournament.

National: We'll be in the tournament. All we have to do is win out, and vola! National Championship!

Are we likely to win out through the NCAA? I don't think so. Not much depth on this team. Defense wins championships. Playing good defense means you are going to commit some fouls. We get two players in foul trouble, any two starters, and we're dead meat. So no, as much as I love the way this team has played, I don't think we're a NC caliber team.

Our ladies fought hard in the second half. We had a shot to tie at the final buzzer. If we had made that shot, I believe we would have won in OT.

The first half was difficult to watch. We had no defense to the Vandy layups. We did not keep them away from the rim in the second half, but did better than in the first.

Hopefully our players will take something positive away from this game that will help them win down the road.

I think they will. We have a good shot of playing them again in the tourney. I think we found something in the second half to handle them.

Vandy always seems to have the Ladies' number.

It's difficult to win all of your games. Only the second loss and they were both on the road. It's ok.

Basically, we got out-hustled all through the first half. No defense, as witness all the layups Vandy shot. Poor offense because we were standing around. Nobody was cutting for the ball. Just throwing up bricks when we had to.

You'd think that with all the frustration we've had vs. Vandy in recent years, this would be one game where we hit the floor running. Not so. Poor effort through the first half, and Vandy's too good to spot them 16 points at halftime.

I think the problem we had last night, is we committed defensively to stopping their 3 point shooting, thus, extended the defense out a little further than we usually do. As a result, they had a great counter for it, and took advantage of it and went inside with very little opposition. Combine that with the poor first half shooting and that's how we end up down 18. I really up until the end thought we were gonna find a way to win that one. One thing is there is no quit in this team and they came out clicking in the second half and the shots started falling. If we had 1 more minute on that clock we would have won that game. Great job by the ladies in coming back and taking it to the wire. Next up, UGA sunday afternoon in auburn.

Vandy always seems to have the Ladies' number.

It's difficult to win all of your games. Only the second loss and they were both on the road. It's ok.

They've been pretty good for a while, but damn, they've won 14 in a row over us now...seems like we would have gotten one by accident along the way.

I actually got to see the game out here in Texas and the game was lost in the first half...Vandy played a really strong first 20 and we did not. Fortner and the rest of the coaches will have something to get after them about in practice and while losses are never good, they can be instructive.

dga, no need whatsoever to hit any panic buttons.

Archived