Worst President in History?

Tigermike

Thought you might find this interesting. Can't deny the facts of history.

The following appeared in the Durham, NC local paper as a letter to the

editor. No I do not have a link

Liberals claim President Bush shouldn't have started this war. They complain

about his prosecution of it. One liberal recently claimed Bush was the worst

president in U.S. history.

Let's clear up one point: We didn't start the war on terror. Try to

remember, it was started by terrorists BEFORE 9/11.

Let's look at the "worst" president and mismanagement claims:

FDR led us into World War II. Germany never attacked us: Japan did. From

1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost, an average of 112,500 per year.

Truman finished that war and started one in Korea, North Korea neverattacked us. From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost, an average of 18,333

per year.

John F. Kennedy started the Vietnam conflict in 1962. Vietnam never attacked

us. Johnson turned Vietnam into a quagmire. From 1965-1975, 58,000 lives

were lost, an average of 5,800 per year.

Clinton went to war in Bosnia without UN or French consent . Bosnia never

attacked us. He was offered Osama bin Laden's head on a platter three times

by Sudan and did nothing. Osama has attacked us on multiple occasions.

In the two years since terrorists attacked us, President Bush has liberated

two countries, crushed the Taliban, crippled al-Qaida, put nuclear

inspectors in Lybia, Iran and North Korea without firing a shot, and

captured a terrorist who slaughtered 300,000 of his own people. We lost 600

soldiers, an average of 300 a year. Bush did all this abroad while not

allowing another terrorist attack at home.

Worst president in history? Come on!

arkansas_welcomes.jpg

Enough said!!

Waco, Ruby Ridge, Elian Gonzales, Travel Gate, File Gate, Ron Brown, White Water, Vince Foster, Lewinsky, Impeachment........the list goes on and on

Dick Gephardt said it best: George W. Bush is a miserable failure.

a 'miserable failure' was gephardt's campaign. but then again, i guess it's all a matter of perspective.

the people have spoken with regard to gephardt. yet, if he's right about W, then they will speak accordingly in nov04. time will tell!

TA, can you tell us where that quote came from? what was the context for his statement? what did he say before/after the quote?

And DG is an authority on FAILURE. :lol:

Ummm....wasn't he the first to drop out? Enough said about that I think.

Again, hard to argue against the facts, but liberals will try. Did Clinton ever lead a successful military campaign? I served during his term, and seems like everything was FUBAR under him. Not only did he downsize the military and intelligence community, but his actions as CIC caused alot of tenured military personnel to resign or retire because of the BS situations we kept getting put into. I remember at times I was taking freaking orders from an officer that was not part of the US armed forces at all. That was one of the reasons that caused alot of guys to not re-enlist, including me! I was involved in a total FUBAR operation in 1993 that cost more lives then necessary and nothing was gained from the mission. Our hands were tied because the current administration was afraid of what the UN would say even though it was a joint UN operation. That last mission was enough for several of us to put our black berets down, because we realized that the military was not heading in the right direction at that time. Now, I wish I was back in full time because George W. Bush is the CIC this country deserves and I can assure you that the majority if our troops are supporting him wholeheartedly. It wasn't like that when Clinton was in office.

Now, I wish I was back in full time because George W. Bush is the CIC this country deserves and I can assure you that the majority if our troops are supporting him wholeheartedly. It wasn't like that when Clinton was in office.

I'm sure they'd take you back. They've called me twice already.

Now, I wish I was back in full time because George W. Bush is the CIC this country deserves and I can assure you that the majority if our troops are supporting him wholeheartedly. It wasn't like that when Clinton was in office.

That's cause we send many requests a day asking them to please call you. :rolleyes:

I mean, take our friend Tiger AL. No. Really. Take him. We are tired of him! ;)

That's cause we send many requests a day asking them to please call you. :rolleyes:

I mean, take our friend Tiger AL. No. Really. Take him. We are tired of him! ;)

It seems they already got Donut! Cause he has been AWOL from here. :D:lol::lol:

They have called you twice already huh? Never heard of that done before unless you are Rambo. Heck, even my other buddies that are former Rangers and SF have not been called to come back and most of them are in excellent shape. I assume you were kidding about that TA. If I could go back, I would in a heartbeat, you could bet on that. But, I am fortunate to still be associated with the military and contribute whenever possible.

They have called you twice already huh? Never heard of that done before unless you are Rambo. Heck, even my other buddies that are former Rangers and SF have not been called to come back and most of them are in excellent shape. I assume you were kidding about that TA. If I could go back, I would in a heartbeat, you could bet on that. But, I am fortunate to still be associated with the military and contribute whenever possible.

No, I wasn't kidding (or lying if that's what you're implying).

Archived