Shaun Kitchens Decommitting? (updated - No, he's not)

Proud Tiger

This is the article from Palmetto Sports. From the sound of it, I'd say he's no longer committed if he's still considering offers. But what do I know?

May 07, 2009

Kitchens picks up several more offers

By Eric Guimaraes

ATH Shaun Kitchens (6-3 215) of College Park, GA has 12 offers now. Georgia, Georgia Tech, Auburn, Tennessee, West Virginia, Maryland, NC State, Central Florida, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Michigan State, and Kentucky have all offered Kitchens. USC had shown some interest but he has not heard from them recently. "I don't think they are still recruiting me," he said. "Clemson still calls though." Kitchens visited junior days at Georgia, Georgia Tech, and Auburn. He liked all three. "I would say those are my top three," said Kitchens. He will camp this summer with his team. Kitchens does not have any plans to take any unofficial visits over the summer. It is strange that Rivals and Scout have had nothing to say about this.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the article from Palmetto Sports. From the sound of it, I'd say he's no longer committed if he's still considering offers. But what do I know?

May 07, 2009

By Eric Guimaraes

ATH Shaun Kitchens (6-3 215) of College Park, GA has 12 offers now. Georgia, Georgia Tech, Auburn, Tennessee, West Virginia, Maryland, NC State, Central Florida, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Michigan State, and Kentucky have all offered Kitchens. USC had shown some interest but he has not heard from them recently. "I don't think they are still recruiting me," he said. "Clemson still calls though." Kitchens visited junior days at Georgia, Georgia Tech, and Auburn. He liked all three. "I would say those are my top three," said Kitchens. He will camp this summer with his team. Kitchens does not have any plans to take any unofficial visits over the summer. It is strange that Rivals and Scout have had nothing to say about this.

I'd say you need to chill. So what if he takes a little longer to make a decision. That doesn't mean he won't end up an Auburn Tiger. That doesn't mean we should start to dislike him. It's a big decision and it really doesn't matter until signing day.

May 07, 2009

By Eric Guimaraes

I'd say you need to chill. So what if he takes a little longer to make a decision. That doesn't mean he won't end up an Auburn Tiger. That doesn't mean we should start to dislike him. It's a big decision and it really doesn't matter until signing day.

He can't chill. Around once a month....43 goes off on a whiny, negative, emotionally inspired ignorant AU rant....using broad phrases like "we NEVER" or "why does it ALWAYS HAPPEN", etc. He will usually argue his point to the point of rediculous.

In this case, I notice that he didn't apologize for causing 4 or 5 folks to have to post examples to refute his latest whine.

The post I made was in response to the post that Kitchens had decommitted. I looked for the article on Palmetto sports since questions had been asked and I wanted to go to the source. Sorry if that offended you. On second thought, no I'm not. I have the same right to my opinions as anyone else on the board and I simply stated mine. If you don't like it...........tough. We are all Auburn people or supposed to be and so long as our opinions are our own, nobody has the right to fame like "whiney, griper, negative, etc. I've been a member of this board longer than you and I respect all people's opinions on here although I may disagree, including yours, but I never resort to calling people names just because I disagree with them. BTW, some things ARE negative in life and not always glowing positive. That doesn't mean you have to avoid them or flame someone for pointing them out. JMO!!!!

The post I made was in response to the post that Kitchens had decommitted. I looked for the article on Palmetto sports since questions had been asked and I wanted to go to the source. Sorry if that offended you. On second thought, no I'm not. I have the same right to my opinions as anyone else on the board and I simply stated mine. If you don't like it...........tough. We are all Auburn people or supposed to be and so long as our opinions are our own, nobody has the right to fame like "whiney, griper, negative, etc. I've been a member of this board longer than you and I respect all people's opinions on here although I may disagree, including yours, but I never resort to calling people names just because I disagree with them. BTW, some things ARE negative in life and not always glowing positive. That doesn't mean you have to avoid them or flame someone for pointing them out. JMO!!!!

All I was saying was that this is still very early and this is not the end of the world if he isn't completely solid in his decision. You make it seem like the sky is falling because a guy, who is still a Junior in high school, has decided to keep some options open and have an open mind throughout the process. I see no problem with it.

Omar-Shariff.jpg

I sure wish we could have kept Omar. He was AWESOME in Doctor Zhivago. Who did he end up signing with anyway?

Kitchens is now saying his commitment to Auburn is firm and he doesn't even want to talk to anyone else. He needs to just quit talking.

Kitchens is now saying his commitment to Auburn is firm and he doesn't even want to talk to anyone else. He needs to just quit talking.

Don't tell AUman, we wouldn't want that sky to stop falling.

Don't tell AUman, we wouldn't want that sky to stop falling.

There goes PT again, coming in here and throwing sunshine up our butts.

PT, I was gonna post the same thing. Kitchens says that now he's focusing on the upcoming season and recruiting for Auburn. It has been said, that Kitchens along with his mother have told coaches to not to bother trying. The HC has stated that almost all of the Universities have stopped...except for one in particular, SPuat

With that said, the story about someone associated with SPuat contacting Kitchens' HC to pay for him to bring some of his players down to the 7-on-7 Camp at SPuat, must not have realized that one of the Assistant Coaches on the Banneker squad is David Rocker.

PT, I was gonna post the same thing. Kitchens says that now he's focusing on the upcoming season and recruiting for Auburn. It has been said, that Kitchens along with his mother have told coaches to not to bother trying. The HC has stated that almost all of the Universities have stopped...except for one in particular, SPuat

With that said, the story about someone associated with SPuat contacting Kitchens' HC to pay for him to bring some of his players down to the 7-on-7 Camp at SPuat, must not have realized that one of the Assistant Coaches on the Banneker squad is David Rocker.

I would like to see where you are getting this "story" from.

Hey, I'm sure he "heard" it from some "very reliable" message board posters.

Don't throw rocks in glass houses.

Don't throw rocks in glass houses.

I don't pick up things off of message boards and then go boasting them on other boards as "I heard...", as if I had some sort of inside knowledge.

You lost Josh Chapman because, at the time, our depth chart looked more appealing. And if we didn't land Cody, Chapman would have been our starter. Now, it may look like a bad move because he could start for AU.

You lost Ali because we had NO DBs worth a damn and his live in best friend Chris Keys switched from LSU to UA. Not because you guys didn't do a good job recruiting him.

credibility.

Omar Sharriff

Dude, I loved him in Doctor Zhivago... :big:

:au::homer:

I don't pick up things off of message boards and then go boasting them on other boards as "I heard...", as if I had some sort of inside knowledge.

How do you go "boasting" them on other boards? That may be better than pulling stuff out of thin air as you regularly do :poke:

It happened...as did a few other things that would be considered NCAA violations, just these past two weeks.

It happened...as did a few other things that would be considered NCAA violations, just these past two weeks.

Again, I'm sure you "heard" it from a "very reliable poster". Which board? I suppose Alabama is the only school in the country breaking rules then. I find it odd how AU fans are always the first to know about all of these Alabama violations, yet word of no other school ever comes out. Alabama is the only school in the country cheating, and imagine that, AU fans have the inside scoop. You guys have all these connections to know Alabama is doing this or that, but those same connections only know about Alabama. Riiiight. Its funny how the AU fanbase creates situations, then down the road points to those made up rumors and accusations as proof to prove the validity and connection to future rumors that you guys make up.

Again, I'm sure you "heard" it from a "very reliable poster". Which board? I suppose Alabama is the only school in the country breaking rules then. I find it odd how AU fans are always the first to know about all of these Alabama violations, yet word of no other school ever comes out. Alabama is the only school in the country cheating, and imagine that, AU fans have the inside scoop. You guys have all these connections to know Alabama is doing this or that, but those same connections only know about Alabama. Riiiight. Its funny how the AU fanbase creates situations, then down the road points to those made up rumors and accusations as proof to prove the validity and connection to future rumors that you guys make up.

We just do it to keep you and some of your buds entertained :cheer:

Does someone make you read this stuff?

I started the thread innocently enough with a post saying an Auburn commit might decommit. I didn't say a dang thing about bama. Things went fine until the thread got highjacked on page 3 and you jumped into the fray.

I started the thread innocently enough with a post saying an Auburn commit might decommit. I didn't say a dang thing about bama. Things went fine until the thread got highjacked on page 3 and you jumped into the fray.

Well, I'm glad that you realize your fanbase makes a ton of stuff up just for the fun of it. The first step to recovery is admitting that you have a problem.

As for the thread hijack, that was your friend The Prowler who sent this thing in a whole new direction by stating Alabama was attempting to pay Kitchens' HC to have some of his players come to a 7-on7 camp. I wasn't even the first one to dispute that either.

Well, I'm glad that you realize your fanbase makes a ton of stuff up just for the fun of it. The first step to recovery is admitting that you have a problem.---I don't have a problem. Now if i spent lots of time on a bama board I would say I have a problem

As for the thread hijack, that was your friend The Prowler who sent this thing in a whole new direction by stating Alabama was attempting to pay Kitchens' HC to have some of his players come to a 7-on7 camp. I wasn't even the first one to dispute that either.--you did more than your share so don't play innocent.

If one were to base the validity of your claims on what you've posted in the last few weeks the odds of this being yet another thing that's simply "made up" are off the chart.

It we want to interject facts into this thread, how about a few names of kids in the city of College Park that Bama is interested in...let's broaden the scope to give you a little leeway here instead of limiting it to just one school.

It was a very simple request.

Where did you get this from?

Archived