Shaun Kitchens Decommitting? (updated - No, he's not)

Proud Tiger

It looks like Shaun Kitchems may be decommiting. A month after commiting, the WR now says his top three are Georgia, GT and Auburn. Show how fragile commitments are this early and why I don't get excited about them.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It only seems to happen to us. If that's true, I wouldn't take him back. :angry:

It only seems to happen to us. If that's true, I wouldn't take him back. :angry:

For the love of Pete, give it a rest brother.

It looks like Shaun Kitchems may be decommiting. A month after commiting, the WR now says his top three are Georgia, GT and Auburn. Show how fragile commitments are this early and why I don't get excited about them.

PT, where are you getting this? I can't find it on a cursory exploration. This is a kid who has liked Auburn for a long time so it's a surprise.

Seriously? But you would take a guy like Benton who changed from being LSU twice to us right? If he ends up withus then he wants to come here whether he changes his mind now or not means absolutely nothing.

Commit, de-commit, re-commit, blah, blah, BLAH! It's all meaningless until the bowl games are over next January.

Let's start worrying about who we might sign when the time comes next year. Right now, it's all nothing but speculation. Good for writers who want to keep their subscription rates up by teasing the masses, but otherwise useless (non) information.

Way to early!!!! Commits are "glass half empty" this early on in the process.

PT, where are you getting this? I can't find it on a cursory exploration. This is a kid who has liked Auburn for a long time so it's a surprise.

Palmetto Sports reported it last Thursday.

I'm not doubting, but wonder why Scout & Rivals have not reported it.

Oh well maybe they are busy with Mother's Day. :big:

They might be waiting to get Shaun's word on it. Because, that would definately be a *Hot Pushpin* topic.

Just for the record, here are some we've lost..changed their minds So my statement is not without credibility.

Omar Sharriff

Enrique Davis

Brandon Heavens

LeDarius Perkins

Josh Chapman

Ravan Gray (who we eventually got back)

BTW, when can you tell me when we have gained defections from Georgia, LSU, UT, Florida or Bammer?????

Just for the record, here are some we've lost..changed their minds So my statement is not without credibility.

Omar Sharriff

Enrique Davis

Brandon Heavens

LeDarius Perkins

Josh Chapman

BTW, when can you tell me when we have gained defections from Georgia, LSU, UT, Florida or Bammer?????

Raven Gray? He went to JUCO first. That's not a de-commit. Two others on your list (Havens and Perkins), are players we changed our minds about before they went elsewhere. If anything, Auburn "decommited" from them. Refresh my memory: Who is Sharriff?

Davis and Chapman did back out on us. Would either of those two be starting at Auburn next year, or would they have started last year? Did they start at the schools that wound up with them? Uh, NO. Saved scholarships for Auburn is all their defections amount to.

Omar Sharriff

Enrique Davis

Brandon Heavens

LeDarius Perkins

Josh Chapman

I'll give you a couple. Can't do more than that - senioritis has taken over.

Neiko Thorpe - from Georgia, 2008

Da'Shaun Barnes - from UT

Omar Sharriff

Enrique Davis

Brandon Heavens

LeDarius Perkins

Josh Chapman

Uhhh... Deangelo Benton from LSU anyone??? AUman it really does happen to everyone not just us.

Omar Sharriff

Enrique Davis

Brandon Heavens

LeDarius Perkins

Josh Chapman

Wasn't Carnell committed to Tennessee?

Ronnie Brown decommitted from Tennessee.

Chris Browder committed to Alabama, had to go to JUCO or prep school, committed to Auburn after that.

Stanley McClover decommitted from Ohio State and signed with us.

Though he never saw the field because of academic issues, Charles Deas signed with LSU, went to JUCO, then signed with us.

You have selective memory.

Omar Sharriff

I would say he made the right decision to decommit, as I don't think football at Auburn would have helped him in his stellar acting career.

You don't have to look to far past our current roster.... Onterio McCalebb decommitted from Nebraska and West Virginia to choose Auburn.

The point is, it isn't even a confirmed decommit and even if it is, Auburn isn't the only school that recruits kids that change their mind. Some kids should have never chosen Auburn (Chapman the band wagon jumper for instance) and Auburn is better off without them. Some kids get incentive to leave (Fortson is a prime example) and some kids just change their minds when it comes to college. I did.

The reason you see it happening to Auburn is because you are intimately involved with Auburn. Go to other boards and ask their fanbases if they get decommits and I'm sure you hear grumblings from them.

They might be waiting to get Shaun's word on it. Because, that would definitely be a *Hot Pushpin* topic.

Exactly. Note I did not say he HAD decommitted, I said "he MAY be decomitting" based on his new top three.

Exactly. Note I did not say he HAD decommitted, I said "he MAY be decomitting" based on his new top three.

PT, Phil Kornbluth is the guy that basically runs Palmetto Sports.

If you take the time to follow that site, you'll see it's a lot like twitter, for lack of a better example.

They'll post one story from what they are hearing (or want to say) one day and follow it with a different story the next...followed by another version the next day.

The beat writers here in my office take what he has to say on one of those "FWIW, Phil's site says..."

But, they do hit it right...some times.

PT, Phil Kornbluth is the guy that basically runs Palmetto Sports.

If you take the time to follow that site, you'll see it's a lot like twitter, for lack of a better example.

They'll post one story from what they are hearing (or want to say) one day and follow it with a different story the next...followed by another version the next day.

The beat writers here in my office take what he has to say on one of those "FWIW, Phil's site says..."

But, they do hit it right...some times.

Thanks TP. I hope he's wrong this time.

If he feels the need to open up, I completely understand

I bet you do since Ga. is maybe now #1 on his list.

Really? I didn't know that :whistle:

I don't know what's going on, but so far neither Scout or Rivals have made any changes.

Scout

Rivals

Archived