Shaun Kitchens Decommitting? (updated - No, he's not)

Proud Tiger

PT, I was gonna post the same thing. Kitchens says that now he's focusing on the upcoming season and recruiting for Auburn. It has been said, that Kitchens along with his mother have told coaches to not to bother trying. The HC has stated that almost all of the Universities have stopped...except for one in particular, SPuat

With that said, the story about someone associated with SPuat contacting Kitchens' HC to pay for him to bring some of his players down to the 7-on-7 Camp at SPuat, must not have realized that one of the Assistant Coaches on the Banneker squad is David Rocker.

I would like to see where you are getting this "story" from.

Hey, I'm sure he "heard" it from some "very reliable" message board posters.

It happened...as did a few other things that would be considered NCAA violations, just these past two weeks.

If one were to base the validity of your claims on what you've posted in the last few weeks the odds of this being yet another thing that's simply "made up" are off the chart.

It we want to interject facts into this thread, how about a few names of kids in the city of College Park that Bama is interested in...let's broaden the scope to give you a little leeway here instead of limiting it to just one school.

It was a very simple request.

Where did you get this from?

Maybe we should take some of the snide out of our comments and actually have conversations instead of challenges. Every Alabama fan on here challenges the Auburn fans with almost every post on these forums.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You lost Josh Chapman because, at the time, our depth chart looked more appealing. And if we didn't land Cody, Chapman would have been our starter. Now, it may look like a bad move because he could start for AU.

Jake Ricks and Zach Clayton are both better than Chapman. Chapman would fall into the "will provide depth" category if he were on Auburn's team this coming season.

You lost Josh Chapman because, at the time, our depth chart looked more appealing. And if we didn't land Cody, Chapman would have been our starter. Now, it may look like a bad move because he could start for AU.

Jake Ricks and Zach Clayton are both better than Chapman. Chapman would fall into the "will provide depth" category if he were on Auburn's team this coming season.

I have to agree with this. Chapman would get plenty of playing time in the rotation, but I don't think he'd get the starting nod over Ricks and Clayton right now.

Maybe we should take some of the snide out of our comments and actually have conversations instead of challenges. Every Alabama fan on here challenges the Auburn fans with almost every post on these forums.

Cav, if you made up things and posted them as fact I'd call you out as well.

I mean no disrespect to this forum or any members here. But, considering I make it a point to not only post under my real name and then post what I know as fact I'd say I have a little leeway when it comes to people spreading falsehoods.

Would you not agree?

I've got a job in the media...and a reputation...I'd say that gives me a little latitude.

I have to agree with this. Chapman would get plenty of playing time in the rotation, but I don't think he'd get the starting nod over Ricks and Clayton right now.

I respectfully disagree. I'll take the best pure 4-3 DT on a team that finished #2 in the nation against the run (and one of the best Ds in the country) vs guys who didn't start last year on on on the 54th best rushing defense.

Chapman, in his first season (playing behind a 1st round DT) still managed 16 tackles and 4 for a loss. Clayton didn't even come out of spring as a starter on your own team. Ricks had 7 tackles last year.

We haven't seen THAT much of Clayton and Ricks because they were playing behind some pretty good guys last year. But we have seen Chapman more than hold his own in the SEC.

Clearly until we see all, it's speculative. But between Ricks and Clayton and CHapman, I'd put my money on Chapman getting one of those spots.

I respectfully disagree. I'll take the best pure 4-3 DT on a team that finished #2 in the nation against the run (and one of the best Ds in the country) vs guys who didn't start last year on on on the 54th best rushing defense.

Chapman, in his first season (playing behind a 1st round DT) still managed 16 tackles and 4 for a loss. Clayton didn't even come out of spring as a starter on your own team. Ricks had 7 tackles last year.

We haven't seen THAT much of Clayton and Ricks because they were playing behind some pretty good guys last year. But we have seen Chapman more than hold his own in the SEC.

Clearly until we see all, it's speculative. But between Ricks and Clayton and CHapman, I'd put my money on Chapman getting one of those spots.

We'll see. I don't think we will know how good the AU defense is until the season. UAT should be pretty good again.

Actually the AU defense was better last year than many would think. Rushing defense wasn't great, but total defense and scoring defense were more than respectable.

I think if AU's d isn't very good this year, it'll be more reflective of the talent you lost and not so much an indictment on Chizik.

We seemed to have a propensity for losing focus at times last year on defense. When we were good, we were good. Our best game was against Georgia: holding that offense to 17 points was an accomplishment. But we collapsed in several games. Our D never showed up against West Virginia, and I thought we really dropped the ball against Arky and LSwho in the second half (giving up 90 rushing yards in the first is never good).

About Clayton, I really think that he could be our most valuable player on D-Line this year, aside from Coleman. He really stepped up last year when there were injuries to our starters. He played behind Pat Sims, Josh Thompson, and even Sen Derrick occaisionally in 2007, which is why he only managed 8 tackles and 1 for loss that year. I think Clayton will be very good in 2009 and 2010. As to whether he's better or worse than Chapman, I don't know.

For the record, I do think Chapman is better than Ricks is right now. Jake has had trouble making a name for himself since he's been here. Let's hope he has a monster senior season.

Ryan

I mean no disrespect to this forum or any members here. But, considering I make it a point to not only post under my real name and then post what I know as fact I'd say I have a little leeway when it comes to people spreading falsehoods.

Would you not agree?

I've got a job in the media...and a reputation...I'd say that gives me a little latitude.

If you are posting on here as a member of the media, then I would especially think that you would watch the tone of your comments (and not just this one) on this forum, being a professional and all.

If you are posting on here as an Alabama fan, then I would think that you would remember who your host is and be respectful when you are in their house. It is fine by me if you are on a Bama forum and want to take a certain tone with Auburn posters who rub you the wrong way, but I don't think it is prudent to come visit an Auburn forum and take that tone... especially in the sub forums meant specifically for Auburn football or Auburn football recruiting.

I just mention it to you because you appear to be a stand-up guy and the tone of your more recent posts started to migrate to some of the lesser liked members of this community, who frequently 'make things up (see RWS)' and have to constantly be reminded that they are far from factually correct.

....... But, considering I make it a point to not only post under my real name and then post what I know as fact I'd say I have a little leeway when it comes to people spreading falsehoods.

Would you not agree?

Are you that naive? You are on an internet message board. Name and job be dammed, your "latitude" is no more and no less than anybody else's. You are judged by what you post and only what you post. The rest is bollocks.

Would you not agree?

Do high school newpapers count as media?

Omar-Shariff.jpg

I sure wish we could have kept Omar. He was AWESOME in Doctor Zhivago. Who did he end up signing with anyway?

If I remember correctly, he orignially was committed to MGM but then later changed his mind & signed with Universal. Rumor was, a Cadilllac was involved.

Archived