Big Cat Weekend

auwallace

Guys, the game is changing right before our very eyes.

You are right about that. Now, whether this change is a good thing or not is open to debate. I don't like the turns that college football recruiting has taken over the past couple of years, but if that's the way it's all headed, Auburn needs to be on board.

A few quotes from Lache Seastrunk tonight at Toomers:

"What's up Nick Saban? How you doin?” Classic!

In regards to Ledarius Owens - "Nick Saban is SOL"

And the best ... "Wait to we get here..."

While I agree with the sentiment, I kinda' wish he had waited until after he scored the winning touchdown in an Iron Bowl to talk that sort of smack. Or maybe I'm just out of touch with the 21st century way of doing things, who knows?

Mikey...You speak of changes in football recruiting. How was recruiting handled before? or should Larry Blakeney and Logan Young answer that question for us?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no bias in the mpr huh? woodberry finally does a big article on this weekend and it is throwing out possible secondary violations. woodberry is such a douche and a may be a bigger bammer than roll tide kennedy. the article is pure gold for the idiot bammers right now, they see auburn and ncaa viololation and soil their cutoff jorts. what a joke, but you bammers can keep believing their's no bias in the paper.

no bias in the mpr huh? woodberry finally does a big article on this weekend and it is throwing out possible secondary violations. woodberry is such a douche and a may be a bigger bammer than roll tide kennedy. the article is pure gold for the idiot bammers right now, they see auburn and ncaa viololation and soil their cutoff jorts. what a joke, but you bammers can keep believing their's no bias in the paper.

Yeah and Woodberry's article today just happens to be stretched across the top of the page with the big bold headline font. Why is this headline worthy but the event itself was tucked away down a tiny side strip yesterday? Apparently according to the MPR there was nothing to really see at the Big Cat Weekend and UAT stars arriving to campus was a much bigger deal this weekend. At least thats what they would have had you think yesterday. UAT softball was a bigger deal yesterday. What a crock...

Here is the link for the last two days. Tell me there is no anti-AU slant (even from what our supposed beatwriters who should cover us favorably).

Sunday

http://www.al.com/press-register/pageone/sunday1c.pdf

Today

http://www.al.com/press-register/pageone/monday1c.pdf

I've been watching the Alabama journalism scene for many years now and reached the conclusion long ago that the media in Alabama wants Auburn to do well, just not too well. By that I mean anytime we start to challenge Alabama for headlines the media gets back on the bammer horse and rides it. It's almost like they feel obligated to promote bammer again to bring things back into harmony with the universe as it were. You're never going to see us promoted in this state as an equal to the bammers. Their influential graduates who are in influential positions all over the state in business,the media and local and state government positions will never allow that. Sir Charles Barkley said as much several years ago and was flamed for it but he just told the truth and Auburn people justifiably didn't like it. Twenty five yeas of Paul Bryant did more damage to Auburn that almost anyone knows and I watched it happen. Again, they want us to do well, just not better than Bammer.

made page five of the mpr...........if napoleon had come up with this and had this many top recruits in town then it would have made the front page of the paper. but our bammers will chime in and try to spew the argument that there's no bama media bias.

Bamar will do it next year and claim that Satan thought it up.... :)

:au::homer:

made page five of the mpr...........if napoleon had come up with this and had this many top recruits in town then it would have made the front page of the paper. but our bammers will chime in and try to spew the argument that there's no bama media bias.

Bamar will do it next year and claim that Satan thought it up.... :)

:au::homer:

Funny how an event like this would get praise by every paper in the state if and only if it was Alabama hosting it. Auburn does something like this and the media is all about the secondary violations story immediately. No buzz first then questioning of rules. Straight to tearing down.

Love state media bias. :puke:

Mikey...You speak of changes in football recruiting. How was recruiting handled before? or should Larry Blakeney and Logan Young answer that question for us?

You have information that Larry Blakeney was involved in illegal recruiting tactics? All I ever heard about concerning Blakeney was the Eric Ramsey deal and Ramsey was an upper-classman, not a recruit, when that happened.

Care to elaborate on Blakeney and recruiting violations?

You have information that Larry Blakeney was involved in illegal recruiting tactics? All I ever heard about concerning Blakeney was the Eric Ramsey deal and Ramsey was an upper-classman, not a recruit, when that happened.

Care to elaborate on Blakeney and recruiting violations?

Oh, haha, maybe I mistyped. Substitute Blakeney name's with 1 of 1,000 other possible examples. It was my hope to make a point that some really lucrative deals have been made concerning student athletes in the past, but Auburn gets the bad wrap for having a pep rally at Toomer's. :roflol::roflol:

I was 7 when the Ramsey thing happened. I should've done some research. I apologize to our resident Trojan fans and the Auburn fans for misinterpreting the Blakeney/Ramsey "pay-for-play" deal. I'm sure his track record in recruiting is clean as a whistle. :whistle:

As far as I know (which ain't too far) Blakeney was "clean as a whistle" until a player (Ramsey) came to him crying that his wife and baby didn't have anything to eat. The little kid was going hungry, yada-yada-yada. Blakeney then is supposed to have arranged for some food to be sent to the Ramsey's, plus he slipped Eric a little cash. A nice neighborly thing to do, maybe, but also a violation of NCAA rules.

That Ramsey taped all of that speaks volumes about Ramsey. In fact, the taping tells us more about Ramsey than Blakeney.

As far as I know (which ain't too far) Blakeney was "clean as a whistle" until a player (Ramsey) came to him crying that his wife and baby didn't have anything to eat. The little kid was going hungry, yada-yada-yada. Blakeney then is supposed to have arranged for some food to be sent to the Ramsey's, plus he slipped Eric a little cash. A nice neighborly thing to do, maybe, but also a violation of NCAA rules.

That Ramsey taped all of that speaks volumes about Ramsey. In fact, the taping tells us more about Ramsey than Blakeney.

taking a little stroll through the woods to shortcut the facts, are we? We went on probation in 1993 because of about $45 worth of steaks. That's it. period. uat boosters got to ramsey. It's widely circulated since that investigation that those tapes were doctored. They weren't real. uat was basically pissed because dye did exactly what he said he was gong to do, and that was getting the iron bowl out of birmingham. He did it and the uaters were pissed. We know why now don't we....see their 3-12 record since it moved to being on campus whether at uat or at auburn.

Gosh, I remember the Ramsey thing well. There has been a lot of speculation over the years that Ramsey was "put up' to doing what he did! The poor kid never realized the long term consequences of being a "rat" and I think he lives in Washington D.C. now. He'll never be able to come back to Alabama again without scrutiny and verbal assaults. Very stupid and unfortunate on his part but what goes around comes around. There's a price to be paid for every bad choice we make.

here's the tentative list, can't post the article but i figured the list was okay since it was everywhere now.

DE Ken Adams

CB Ryan Ayers

ATH Victor Beasley

OT Shon Coleman

LB Tyrone Cornileus

DE J.C. Copeland

LB Jessel Curry

LB Khairi Fortt

WR Antonio Goodwin

WR Jake Holland

ATH Shaun Kitchens

RB Marcus Lattimore

OG Eric Mack

CB Jonathan Mincy

LB LaDarius Owens

WR Trovon Reed

WR Jeremy Richardson

RB Lache Seastrunk

OT James Stone

LB Nigel Terrell

DT Mike Thornton

LB Jawara White

Has anyone of them committed yet?

here's the tentative list, can't post the article but i figured the list was okay since it was everywhere now.

DE Ken Adams

CB Ryan Ayers

ATH Victor Beasley

OT Shon Coleman

LB Tyrone Cornileus

DE J.C. Copeland

LB Jessel Curry

LB Khairi Fortt

WR Antonio Goodwin

WR Jake Holland

ATH Shaun Kitchens

RB Marcus Lattimore

OG Eric Mack

CB Jonathan Mincy

LB LaDarius Owens

WR Trovon Reed

WR Jeremy Richardson

RB Lache Seastrunk

OT James Stone

LB Nigel Terrell

DT Mike Thornton

LB Jawara White

Have any of them committed elsewhere yet?

DE Ken Adams

CB Ryan Ayers

ATH Victor Beasley

OT Shon Coleman

LB Tyrone Cornileus

DE J.C. Copeland

LB Jessel Curry

LB Khairi Fortt

WR Antonio Goodwin

WR Jake Holland

ATH Shaun Kitchens

RB Marcus Lattimore

OG Eric Mack

CB Jonathan Mincy

LB LaDarius Owens

WR Trovon Reed

WR Jeremy Richardson

RB Lache Seastrunk

OT James Stone

LB Nigel Terrell

DT Mike Thornton

LB Jawara White

Have any of them committed elsewhere yet?

Have any of them committed to us?

Yes, some have!

Shon Coleman

Shaun Kitchens

Jake Holland

If you go to Auburnsports.com, I think you can look at Auburn's current commitments. I don't think you have to have a subscription to obtain that information. Auburnsports is an affeliate of Rivals.com. Rivals is a big recruiting website. They have up to the minute info and good articles concerning college sports. They even have a pretty cool ranking system for recruits. You should check it out sometime.

We have gotten some good players so far! and I am very excited about Auburn's position with a lot (I repeat, "A LOT") of the other guys on that list!

Archived