Big Cat Weekend

auwallace

the big news that has been the buzz of itat and the bunker just hit. first "big cat weekend": social event for some of the top recruits in the country. i'll get the list and post it unless someone beats me to it. this is an awesome idea and i love the creativity of this staff!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here's the tentative list, can't post the article but i figured the list was okay since it was everywhere now.

DE Ken Adams

CB Ryan Ayers

ATH Victor Beasley

OT Shon Coleman

LB Tyrone Cornileus

DE J.C. Copeland

LB Jessel Curry

LB Khairi Fortt

WR Antonio Goodwin

WR Jake Holland

ATH Shaun Kitchens

RB Marcus Lattimore

OG Eric Mack

CB Jonathan Mincy

LB LaDarius Owens

WR Trovon Reed

WR Jeremy Richardson

RB Lache Seastrunk

OT James Stone

LB Nigel Terrell

DT Mike Thornton

LB Jawara White

seriously though...if we could get Trovon Reed on board, i think we could land a bunch of these guys. Seastrunk will follow Reed. And the masses will follow Seastrunk.

DB Deion Belue has been added to the list. There will be more coming in sometime Saturday or Sunday.

If Auburn lands Lache and Lattimore....Good Golly, that would be freakin' sweeter than Yoohoo. If you get some bigtime RB commitments early, than you'll more than likely get some bigtime OLinemen that'll want to open the holes for them.

If you get some bigtime RB commitments early, than you'll more than likely get some bigtime OLinemen that'll want to open the holes for them.

Or vise-versa, I would think!

made page five of the mpr...........if napoleon had come up with this and had this many top recruits in town then it would have made the front page of the paper. but our bammers will chime in and try to spew the argument that there's no bama media bias.

Another thought about having all these big names in on the same weekend:

It sets the tone for "team before individual" when/if they're playing together. (That was a big part of the magic of 2004 with all of its star talent!) I mean, we could have brought the big names in individually or in smaller groups and played to their egos: "YOU'LL be the star here!". Instead we bring them in as a group and send the message "We want you as part of this TEAM...you're all in it together and there's no room for prima donnas".

Big celebration tonight at Toomers at 9. Every one is invited. Who is going to be our on scene reporter? ;)

Man, that's an incredible list. If we could get just half of this bunch, it would wind up in a top ten class. I'm so proud of Trooper, Luper and co and can''t wait until signing day. :cheer:

made page five of the mpr...........if napoleon had come up with this and had this many top recruits in town then it would have made the front page of the paper. but our bammers will chime in and try to spew the argument that there's no bama media bias.

All of this news didn't come out until around 10PM or thereafter. MPR prints at 10:30. Kinda hard to get a full blown front page story done in 30 minutes, don't you think? FWIW, there have been AU articles on the front page of the MPR sports section the past few days now. There was a story on Robert Cooper and AU on the front page of Sports yesterday or the day before that. Nothing is really going on at UA, so AU has been getting some love. But hey, slant it however you want man.

Oh, and Alabama has had a large number of top recruits on campus before. They just don't blow it up and make it a huge deal usually. If you follow BOL you will see stories on it from time to time. Well, minus the pie, cake, and watermelon eating contests.

[

Oh, and Alabama has had a large number of top recruits on campus before. They just don't blow it up and make it a huge deal usually. If you follow BOL you will see stories on it from time to time. Well, minus the pie, cake, and watermelon eating contests.

Yeah, at Bama it's joint rollin', pipe smokin' and textbook sellin'.

Oh, and Alabama has had a large number of top recruits on campus before. They just don't blow it up and make it a huge deal usually.

Similar to this weekend at Auburn? Got a link?.....Didn't think so.

If you follow BOL you will see stories on it from time to time. Well, minus the pie, cake, and watermelon eating contests.

Follow BOL? Whatever for? What kind of idiot would waste time reading stuff on another school's message boards? Oh, wait......

All of this news didn't come out until around 10PM or thereafter. MPR prints at 10:30. Kinda hard to get a full blown front page story done in 30 minutes, don't you think? FWIW, there have been AU articles on the front page of the MPR sports section the past few days now. There was a story on Robert Cooper and AU on the front page of Sports yesterday or the day before that. Nothing is really going on at UA, so AU has been getting some love. But hey, slant it however you want man.

10pm? really? check the facts before you post.

10pm? really? check the facts before you post.

Please, feel free to inform me. I was sitting here around 10PM and nothing was even up on AuburnSports' Rivals page. Nothing on any of the "major" AU blog sites. Then right after 10PM, AuburnSports was the first to post anything. I would gather AU gave them info and asked them to hold it until 10PM. If you haven't noticed, usually when there is a story about somebody committing or visits or something like that, the MPR usually cites BOL or AuburnSports. But hey, go ahead and prove to me that EVERYBODY knew before 10PM.

check the time at the bottom of the post.

http://www.jaygtate.blogspot.com/

auburnsports.com released the info at 7:29

itat released it at 8:00

you've been informed

I would love to see proof that AuburnSports posted the story at 7:29. I saw an argument over on TigerDroppings with some AU fan saying something big was going to happen, and at 9:30 everybody was still waiting. Thats why I was watching the AuburnSports page myself waiting to see what was going on. I'm not talking about somebody posting something in a message board, I'm talking about an actual story on the front page. Thats great that Jay Tate posted something on his blog at 8:30, but like I said, AuburnSports is usually the MPR source on this sort of thing and it wasn't up there until right around 10PM. And like I said, you are incorrect on the bias of the MPR as well. It is delivered to my house every morning, so I'm pretty sure.

you've been informed

ouch...that's gonna leave a mark...

He's a douche. Nothing leaves a mark, just a stain.

holy crap......you think i just pulled 7:29 out of my a$$? go to the bunker, you can see the thread titles even if you aren't a member and the times are posted next to it. and as for the mpr being bama biased or not. i grew up in mobile and still read the news from it on al.com everyday. there IS a bias. you don't see it because you are an alabama fan. i'm not saying the bias is unwarranted, the majority of their readers are most likely bama fans (whether or not they can read is up for debate). therefore the pandering is understood. however it is still there whether you or any other bammers want to believe it. hell you should boast that the state papers pump you guys more than us.

you've been informed

ouch...that's gonna leave a mark...

He's a douche. Nothing leaves a mark, just a stain.

That's right. silly me.. I should have remembered that. Nice pick up...

Archived