Big Cat Weekend

auwallace

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

holy crap......you think i just pulled 7:29 out of my a$$? go to the bunker, you can see the thread titles even if you aren't a member and the times are posted next to it. and as for the mpr being bama biased or not. i grew up in mobile and still read the news from it on al.com everyday. there IS a bias. you don't see it because you are an alabama fan. i'm not saying the bias is unwarranted, the majority of their readers are most likely bama fans (whether or not they can read is up for debate). therefore the pandering is understood. however it is still there whether you or any other bammers want to believe it. hell you should boast that the state papers pump you guys more than us.

So, if you were a fairly major newspaper, you would make a front page story citing information from a message board thread? Really? Just yesterday there was some Alabama fans whining in Sound Off about the MPR running some front page stuff on AU. Last week there were AU fans whining about Alabama getting coverage. When something happens at AU, its up. Same thing at Alabama. Both fanbases that read the paper should understand that by now. If there is news all week at AU, then AU is going to be in the paper and awful lot during that week. Who do you think will be on the front page tomorrow? I would bet AU. Who will be on the front page when Alabama holds camps in June? I'm guessing Alabama. But to say MPR is flat out biased towards Alabama, thats just being uninformed. Thats great that you grew up here and read AL.com, but you don't actually get the print version, so you don't see everything.

Again, MPR uses AUSports and BOL as their main sources on stuff like this. Is it really that hard to fathom that the story was up late on AUSports? Do you really think that since it was on the bunker, it HAD to be on the front page at AUSports at that time? It wasn't, because I was looking along with about 5 or so folks at TigerDroppings. According to the AU fan, Seastrunk was going to commit in the next 48 hrs, more specifically, "tonight" so everybody was waiting to see. The LSU folks seem to think they are actually the team to beat.

holy crap......you think i just pulled 7:29 out of my a$$? go to the bunker, you can see the thread titles even if you aren't a member and the times are posted next to it. and as for the mpr being bama biased or not. i grew up in mobile and still read the news from it on al.com everyday. there IS a bias. you don't see it because you are an alabama fan. i'm not saying the bias is unwarranted, the majority of their readers are most likely bama fans (whether or not they can read is up for debate). therefore the pandering is understood. however it is still there whether you or any other bammers want to believe it. hell you should boast that the state papers pump you guys more than us.

So, if you were a fairly major newspaper, you would make a front page story citing information from a message board thread? Really? Just yesterday there was some Alabama fans whining in Sound Off about the MPR running some front page stuff on AU. Last week there were AU fans whining about Alabama getting coverage. When something happens at AU, its up. Same thing at Alabama. Both fanbases that read the paper should understand that by now. If there is news all week at AU, then AU is going to be in the paper and awful lot during that week. Who do you think will be on the front page tomorrow? I would bet AU. Who will be on the front page when Alabama holds camps in June? I'm guessing Alabama. But to say MPR is flat out biased towards Alabama, thats just being uninformed. Thats great that you grew up here and read AL.com, but you don't actually get the print version, so you don't see everything.

Again, MPR uses AUSports and BOL as their main sources on stuff like this. Is it really that hard to fathom that the story was up late on AUSports? Do you really think that since it was on the bunker, it HAD to be on the front page at AUSports at that time? It wasn't, because I was looking along with about 5 or so folks at TigerDroppings. According to the AU fan, Seastrunk was going to commit in the next 48 hrs, more specifically, "tonight" so everybody was waiting to see. The LSU folks seem to think they are actually the team to beat.

so mpr doesn't run with stories on auburn unless it is on the front page of auburnsports.com?

one more thing, i was visting my parents the weekend au men won swimming title, guess what page it was on. i'll give you six guesses and 1-5 don't count.

We can all be the "on scene" reporter....

http://www.auburnalabama.org/cams/Toomers/default.asp

The site is congested and not working. Too much traffic, I guess. Blah.

Here's one from Hargis that works:

http://ocm.auburn.edu/webcams/webcams.php?...iewType=refresh

Solid idea--I certainly hope it works out. Anyone have any info on whether everyone actually showed up and how it is going?

In response to RWS, this most likely won't be a recurring theme for our recruiting tactics. We've had coaching hell in the last year and have largely let the cream of the crop slip away even if they were interested. Our coaches are doing what they can to draw attention to AU.

"But hey, slant it however you want man."

here's one more just for good measure, notice how the time it was posted was not after 10 pm. just ignored that newberg post huh?

http://blog.al.com/goldmine/2009/05/the_au...staff_whic.html

I'll stand corrected on all of the others, but I'm telling you, AUSports didn't post a story until after 10PM. We were looking because this AU fan on TigerDroppings kept insisting that the "huge news" was coming anytime now, and we were waiting. More so for the LSU folks, because they think they are the team to beat for Seastrunk. Thats great if they posted a story in The Bunker, but unless you have an AU specific membership, you wouldn't know.

Who do you think will be on the front page tomorrow morning?

Solid idea--I certainly hope it works out. Anyone have any info on whether everyone actually showed up and how it is going?

In response to RWS, this most likely won't be a recurring theme for our recruiting tactics. We've had coaching hell in the last year and have largely let the cream of the crop slip away even if they were interested. Our coaches are doing what they can to draw attention to AU.

I can't fault them for doing what they think is best. They know they are behind, and they are desperate to fill that gap. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

I can't fault them for doing what they think is best. They know they are behind, and they are desperate to fill that gap. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

They are doing their job. and doing it quite well I might add .

And you are doing yours too. hijacking every post and pissing on every topic you can.

Will someone please ban this floating turd.

And you are doing yours too. hijacking every post and pissing on every topic you can.

Seriously, just about every thread on these forums has one bammer or another jumping in to interject their slant or being the moral compass of Auburn fans and just plain disrupting the conversation. This is about as bad as I've ever seen it and it's tiresome. It's turning into AL.com.

All of the "Big Cat Weekend" articles for AuburnSports were up by 7:30pm, all of the articles from Auburn's Scout site were up by 8:15pm. The list of all of the participants, from the Rivals site, were up 7:25pm. So....RWS you should get your facts straight before you open your gnat trap, because you are wrong.

Re: MPR, one of the posters on Scout had contacted one of the sports writers, of MPR, to ask him if they were going to run the story, the writer told him that all of the stories, that they were going to run for Saturday, had already been done.

Also.....remind everyone here of who has Little Brother Syndrome? LMAO

Seriously, just about every thread on these forums has one bammer or another jumping in to interject their slant or being the moral compass of Auburn fans and just plain disrupting the conversation. This is about as bad as I've ever seen it and it's tiresome. It's turning into AL.com.

Maybe.....MAYBE.....If people wouldn't mention UA in nearly every thread, you wouldn't have such a problem. For example, the thread about coaches' votes returning to secrecy, it took only the first reply for somebody to talk smack about UA.

The list of all of the participants, from the Rivals site, were up 7:25pm. So....RWS you should get your facts straight before you open your gnat trap, because you are wrong.

You didn't even post about it on the other board until a few minutes after the AUSports story was up on the man page, and that was a little after 10PM. I was watching the site along with folks from TigerDroppings waiting on his supposed announcement. You are wrong about AUSports. I don't care about what you saw on The Bunker beforehand.

The list of all of the participants, from the Rivals site, were up 7:25pm. So....RWS you should get your facts straight before you open your gnat trap, because you are wrong.

You didn't even post about it on the other board until a few minutes after the AUSports story was up on the man page, and that was a little after 10PM. I was watching the site along with folks from TigerDroppings waiting on his supposed announcement. You are wrong about AUSports. I don't care about what you saw on The Bunker beforehand.

I didn't post it, until after I read ALL of the stories, then I went on the Bunker to see what everyone one was saying....Then I went onto Scout to see what their articles were talking about....Then I posted the tentantive list of prospects at exactly 8:34:25pm. All of the articles were up on the Rivals site by 7:30pm. The Scout's site put theirs up at 8:00pm and there were posters over there that were complaining about Rivals and a couple other sites putting their articles up before the 8:00pm time. Because, all of the websites were supposedly told to run it at 8:00pm and Scout was the only one to follow what they were told. You are wrong, rws, now go back to your own board and discuss how the "Big Cat Weekend" doesn't mean a damn thing and how many Champiunsheeps y'all have made up...umm, I mean won.

Also, tell everyone here which fanbase has Little Brother Syndrome?

Guys, the game is changing right before our very eyes. This was an amazing weekend - an innovative idea that was pulled off flawlessly as far as I can see. This staff had a huge hole to dig out of and they have done that and gone farther than anyone could have anticipated, and haven't been outworked by a single other team yet...things will only get better if we hold up our end on the field.

And another thing - Trooper Taylor is a recruiting beast - for those who have seen the Rivals video, wow just wow.

A few quotes from Lache Seastrunk tonight at Toomers:

"What's up Nick Saban? How you doin?” Classic!

In regards to Ledarius Owens - "Nick Saban is SOL"

And the best ... "Wait to we get here..."

And if you want to see pics from tonight, Auburntron has some up.

Guys, the game is changing right before our very eyes.

You are right about that. Now, whether this change is a good thing or not is open to debate. I don't like the turns that college football recruiting has taken over the past couple of years, but if that's the way it's all headed, Auburn needs to be on board.

While I agree with the sentiment, I kinda' wish he had waited until after he scored the winning touchdown in an Iron Bowl to talk that sort of smack. Or maybe I'm just out of touch with the 21st century way of doing things, who knows?

The important thing is to maintain the momentum that we built with these recruits last night. Keep in mind these are young, impressionable kids that are about to make one of the biggest decisions of their lives. They can have a great time with us and call it home in front of our cameras and then someone else does something big and flashy and that can swing in a heartbeat.

I'm not terribly concerned about it given what I've read of Trooper Taylor but National Signing Day is a LOOOOONG way away. We have to keep this going and getting some other big recruits saying some positive things about us would go a long way as well.

I'm stoked on the coaching staff right now. I know they haven't done anything on the field yet but as of now they are certainly doing everything in their power to turn the corner. I cannot believe that they attack recruiting this early with this much tenacity and will back off during the season. We all know that Taylor can coach top tier SEC receivers and we know if nothing else that Chizik can put together a world-beater defense. We know Malzahn can coach a hell of an offense in the SEC. Here's to hope.

This post has been much longer than I expected it to be. I'm still recovering from knee surgery so I have pain killers in my system and I ramble! Cheers!

Guys, the game is changing right before our very eyes. This was an amazing weekend - an innovative idea that was pulled off flawlessly as far as I can see. This staff had a huge hole to dig out of and they have done that and gone farther than anyone could have anticipated, and haven't been outworked by a single other team yet...things will only get better if we hold up our end on the field.

And another thing - Trooper Taylor is a recruiting beast - for those who have seen the Rivals video, wow just wow.

Bama lean.

Bama lean.

:roflol::roflol:

here's one more just for good measure, notice how the time it was posted was not after 10 pm. just ignored that newberg post huh?

I'll stand corrected on all of the others, but I'm telling you, AUSports didn't post a story until after 10PM. We were looking because this AU fan on TigerDroppings kept insisting that the "huge news" was coming anytime now, and we were waiting. More so for the LSU folks, because they think they are the team to beat for Seastrunk. Thats great if they posted a story in The Bunker, but unless you have an AU specific membership, you wouldn't know.

why don't you tell us what was on the front page of the sports section?

why don't you tell us what was on the front page of the sports section?

I'll take that one for RWS. It was a tiny side column by Randy Kennedy ( big UAT homer), in which he mocked AU's tactics while giving us backhanded compliments. Meanwhile the headline was about UAT signees reporting. Underneath that was a huge article with two pictures about UAT womens softball staving off early elimination (where were AU's national championship swimming articles?). Au also got another small side column about a local guy from Brewton returning to work at AU as Coordinator of Football Operations. While AU kind of got two articles (small ones, but two none the less). UAT gets the headline for recruiting/football when they weren't doing a thing and there was nothing to talk about. Certainly not headline worthy. Then they got the majority of the front page with pictures and huge article on softball? Give me a break no slant there...

http://www.al.com/press-register/pageone/sunday1c.pdf

Archived