Terrell Owens

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1754203

The more I hear his name and what he has to say, the more I hate him.

If I was the Ravens, I would not want him playing for me.

This guy has no love for the game, "just the money" is what he wants, and oh, he wants the ball way too much!

Bitch and moan... I am so sick of these athletes that make millions, making ridiculous demands. Come on!! You didn't file for free agent status in time. Follow the rules! Give me a break!!! :rolleyes:

Bitch and moan... I am so sick of these athletes that make millions, making ridiculous demands. Come on!! You didn't file for free agent status in time. Follow the rules! Give me a break!!! :rolleyes:

The owners get what they pay for. All of these athletes are overpaid. But when the owners whine about running out of money or needing a new stadium, that's when I start getting irritated. Let them sink in their own pit of despair!

I don't blame him. They had a deal w/ the eagles then the 9ers reneged. The players union is supporting him.

The eagles had a deal with him, not with the 49ers. James Thrash and a 5th round pick for a pro bowl WR?? I don't even think Minnesota would take that trade. ;) The union is supporting him in his bid to become a free agent, not to contest the trade.

Since he didn't file for free agency in time he was still property of the 49ers. They can legally trade him to whichever team they want and there's really nothing the player can do about it. He made his bed by badmouthing the organization and then screwed himself in not filing on time, so he deserves the worst situation possible. I think he got off lucky in going to a playoff team. He could be in arizona or detroit.

All the ravens giving is a 2nd rounder.

I see your point. I don't really care for to that much , but I don't blame him for trying to get as much as he can. If he doesn't go to the eagles he'll miss out on about 4 mil worth of signing bonus.

Are you sure about the deal with the eagles and the 9ers? I've never heard of a player negotiating a trade w/o the team being involved. All the early reports I heard were that the 9ers and eagles had a deal worked out and the 9ers backed out to take a deal w/ the ravens instead. This was on espn and such.

I think it is just funny how this all happened. He keeps complaining that he should be a free agent. He even admitted that they missed the date but since the 49ers knew he wanted out of his contract he should be out of it. The Ravens have said they will give him a new deal but this is all because he still feels he should be a free agent. I just think it is funny how he thinks the 49ers should have voided his contract because they should have know.

I don't think there was anything concrete or agreed upon between the 9er's and Philly but the Eagles are upset because they say the 9er's had agreed to work something out and then just did an about face and dealt TO to the Ravens.

I have seen TO on a couple of shows and he comes off as funny and a decent guy. BUT, when it comes to business and his on the field behavior, he comes off as immature and childish. He can't seem to stop creating controversy. Some "entertainers" do that because they realize that any publicity is good publicity and will help them in the long run.

If his agent screwed up, then I would imagine TO could recover some of his loss (if any could be proven) through the agents malpractice insurance. I can't imagine an agent not knowing what is going on with his cash cow every step of the way...especially free agent filing deadlines. That's where you make the most dough.

Archived