Mark My Word - 2009

DaddyBoyAU

Ok, I usually do this during media days, but hadn't got around to it. We've done this the past 3-4 years, and I have to give credit to Buck and Kincaid (sports talk radio in Atlanta) for the idea. Here's how it goes:

Make your boldest college football related prediction. Not a wimpy prediction that you know will likely come true (e.g. "Auburn Beats Louisiana Tech") or one that many people believe anyway (e.g. "Saban leaves for Notre Dame!"), but a prediction that nobody expects to happen. Maybe something that you have a gut feeling about, that defies logical thinking. College Football related of course, could be game outcomes, coach issues, final schedules, etc. But after the season, we can revive this thread and see how our predictions turned out.

Some rules:

No flaming on the thread. If you don't agree with someones Mark My Word prediction and want to tell them how stupid they are, take it to another thread. This is just for predictions. One exception: you may flame someone who makes a wimpy prediction.

Most importantly: you must begin each prediction with "Mark My Word". Because you're sure of it. (And it's in the spirit of the thread.)

Okay, I'll start...

Mark my word: Auburn will win 9 games this year. Those wins will include Arkansas, LSU and Alabama.

Mark my word: Alabama will lose their homecoming game to South Carolina.

Mark my word: Some Alabama fans on this board will not be able to follow the no flaming rule due to my prediction above.

That's enough for now, and granted they were not as bold as ones I've made in the past. Let's hear what you got.

Mark my word: The Auburn Offense will be much improved. (not walking out on a limb much here)

Mark my word: The Auburn Defense will be a feared group and will score mucho points.

Mark my word: 10-2 before our Capital One Bowl opponent. 11-2 afterwards.

:cheer::cheer::cheer:

Mark my words. An SEC football team will lose their head coach to Notre Dame in 2010.

Mark my word Bama Has A BIG Fall from top 5 to out of top 20 by years end!

Mark My Word Penn State Is in the BCS NC game not TX

Mark my Word Okla Finally wins a BCS Bowl game over Notre Dame

Mark my words, DeAngelo Benton will be strongly considered for SEC Freshman of the Year!

Mark my words, Florida will NOT repeat as NCs!

Mark my words, Ole Miss will not live up to their lofty pre-season ranking!

MMW: L. Kiffin will run out of the tunnel through the "T" shirtless.

MMW: S. Carolina will finish 2nd in the East

MMW: AU will line up with 1 linebacker. Play with 5 DL and 5 DB's

MMW: Bama makes it to another BCS Bowl only to lose to Boise ST

MMW: Bobby Johnson tackles Lane Kiffin for acting like a girl.

little nicky, the mayor of munchkinland, will have his foot surgically removed from his mouth.

bg will have an excuse for each and every uat loss.

Mark my word: you are going to love what you see Monday.

??????????

The fresh, new, sleek AUNATION.net

Mark my word: you are going to love what you see on Monday.

??????????

Cool I can't wait!

Will it have the new and improved Alabama fan spin reducer on it??? That's a feature we could really really use around here!

:o:blink::roflol:

Tennessee will lose two games by 40+. UF and UA. Kiffin will say that the other team/teams cheated.

We will see Kodi a lot on Saturdays playing a major role in the offense.

Ole Miss will lose 2 games in which they should win.

Arkansas will win the West and Bobby Petrino will be promptly stoned when he returns to Atlanta.

UF wins the East, but will lose one game along the way (LSU). Plays USC in a BCS game, but not for the NC.

UGA will embarrass OSU in their first game of the season.

AU's D will do well at the beginning of the season, but as the season goes and the injuries mount, they will start giving up a lot of points.

Vanderbilt becomes the old Vanderbilt again.

UK ends the season no lower than 3rd place in the East.

Auburn begins the season no worse that 4-1.

Auburn goes bowling. Cotton.

Vanderbilt finishes 2nd in the SEC Eastern Division.

Alabama loses to Kentucky.

Penn State doesn't make a BCS bowl.

Jahvid Best is the only non-QB at the Heisman Ceremony.

Notre Dame makes a BCS bowl game.

South Florida wins the Big East (big yawn).

Florida hands LSU their only two loses in 2009.

Mark my words: LSU beats Ole Miss in what is a de facto SEC West championship game in Oxford, on Nov. 21st.

Mark my words: USC will fail to win the Pac-10, for the first time since 2001.

Mark my words: Prior to '08, the last time Auburn had lost to both Georgia and Alabama was in 1998. Auburn will, at worst, earn a split with their 2 major rivals this season.

Auburn will win at least 8 games and get a good bowl. UF will not go undefeated and will not make the NC game due to a Tebow injury, but will still win the east. LSU will beat OM and Bama to win the west. LSU/UF rematch in the championship game, with LSU winning a close one due to Tebow injury. UAT loses 4 and UGA loses 4. SC goes 6-6 and Spurrier hangs it up. UT is better but still goes 7-5. Arky is better but a crazy-tough 6 game mid-season stretch and lack of defense sends them in the tank. OM is good but loses at least 2 games it should have won. Vandy, MSU and Kentucky are Vandy, MSU and Kentucky.

??????????

Cool I can't wait!

Will it have the new and improved Alabama fan spin reducer on it??? That's a feature we could really really use around here!

There have been great advances in technology over the past 20 years but no one has any idea how to decrease or eliminate Bama spin.

BamaSpin.gif

Mark My Word - AU will be much improved over last year.

??????????

Cool I can't wait!

There have been great advances in technology over the past 20 years but no one has any idea how to decrease or eliminate Bama spin.

BamaSpin.gif

Mark My Word - AU will be much improved over last year.

Well Can we make them wear shock collars???

So when they say stupid crap like we were a legit #1 team. Or we had the lead in the 4Th Qtr.

It will shock the sh*t out of them! :roflol: now that would be to funny!

Hell BG and Runs away crying! They couldn't say anything out loud!!!!!! :roflol::roflol:

MMW: Woody will eventually kill, and eat BG or RWS.

MMW: I will be an AU man/fan till I die! War Eagle!

little nicky, the mayor of munchkinland, will have his foot surgically removed from his mouth.

bg will have an excuse for each and every uat loss.

I thought MMW predictions were supposed to be bold. That last one is obvious! Kind of like saying, MMW, War Tim will "Call the Nip" this year, it's already true!

MMW: Auburn will win 2 out of 3 from LSU, Ole Miss and Bama.

MMW: Tate and Fannin will mirror Caddy and Browns senior season.

MMW: Todd has a very respectful senior season, like those of White, Craig, Nix, Campbell, etc.

MMW-Spurrier and USC will upset someone this year!

MMW-Injuries will eliminate AU's chance at a bowl this year!

MMW-The winner of LSU vs BAMA will beat the mighty Gaytors in Atlanta and play for a MNC!

You ladies can take those prophecies to the bank, son.

Mark my words - Bama will be just as good as last year and will beat VT. Auburn fans will continue to be secretly scared after the VT game, but won't admit it.

Mark my words - Auburn will win a game it shouldn't and lose a game it shouldn't and make a December bowl game.

Mark my words - Auburn will lose the Iron Bowl

Mark my words - Texas will win the BCS National Championship by knocking off Florida and starting the 2010 decade that the Big XII is the premier college football conference.

Mark my words - Notre Dame will still not make a BCS bowl game

Mark my words - Auburn fans will continue to rumor that Nick Saban is going elsewhere (e.g. ND), with no proof or anything. They are just scared and want Saban out of Alabama.

Mark my words - Nick Saban will not be the next coach at Notre Dame, or anywhere else.

Mark my words - Auburn's offense will improve (how can they not?), but will still struggle a lot. Fans will still wonder why the hell Auburn is running a spread offense.

Mark my words - Gene Chizik will be on the heat seat at the end of the year. Not because he did a poor job, but because Auburn has high expectations with a short temper.

Mark my words - With a decent recruiting class, similar to Tommy Tuberville's, the class will not be nearly as appealing as Alabama's and his seat becomes even hotter as Auburn fans wonder "If the guy can't win games and can't out recruit Saban, why is he here? Does he just need more time?" But their tempers are short and don't want to give the guy time (a few will).

Mark my words - Fans will wonder why the hell Kodi Burns, last year's starter, is not even a back-up QB.

Mark my words - Chris Todd's arm is still not back to "full-strength." We will likely hear this after the West Virginia game.

Mark my words - Nosa Egua is going to be awesome. How can he not with that name?

Mark my words - Onterio McCaleb is going to excite a lot of people.

Mark my words - I will be begging for the I-Form to return to Auburn. But I'll be sad because it won't.

Archived