Seriously, congrats

BamaGrad03

I'm not necessarily trying to rain on the moral victory parade, but just for a little perspective...

After you guys had completed your crash course in Sandlot Football 101 in jumping out to a 14-0 lead, Alabama outscored you 26-7 and outgained you 303-183. To say that Auburn "outplayed" us simply isn't true.

Don't be like the morons in our fan base who pissed their pants when they found out their team "won" the 2nd half in 2005. It's not cool.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not necessarily trying to rain on the moral victory parade, but just for a little perspective...

After you guys had completed your crash course in Sandlot Football 101 in jumping out to a 14-0 lead, Alabama outscored you 26-7 and outgained you 303-183. To say that Auburn "outplayed" us simply isn't true.

Don't be like the morons in our fan base who pissed their pants when they found out their team "won" the 2nd half in 2005. It's not cool.

Spin it any way you want, but UAT gave up 2 of the longest TD plays on their D all season. 1 in each half, and against a team which only has 13 seniors.

Saban himself said it, if you don't believe me. UAT got it's hat handed to it, and was lucky to leave with a W.

Be gracious, count your blessings and move on. You have a much bigger hill to climb next week.

What I don't understand is how Todd could overthrow a wide open Tommy Trott, twice in a row, on the same exact play. It was the right call, and didn't seem all that unusual a throw to make, in fact, it seemed rather routine. WTF was he thinking ? Trott was well beyond the 1st down marker, so it's not like he needed to go that much further down field. A few plays like that during the game are what I question, but I can't say if that's just player error or there was some miscommunication.

He had to clear the middle linebacker in pass coverage on both throws. I don't like that play without some misdirection.

They pointed out on the radio that the QB doesn't always get his fingers on the laces on quick passes from shotgun, resulting in the ball slipping and sailing.

Spin it any way you want, but UAT gave up 2 of the longest TD plays on their D all season. 1 in each half, and against a team which only has 13 seniors.

Saban himself said it, if you don't believe me. UAT got it's hat handed to it, and was lucky to leave with a W.

Be gracious, count your blessings and move on. You have a much bigger hill to climb next week.

With the first not being rightfully nullified by Ziemba "blocking" via a facemask take down. Check out the :06 mark...

Link

uat had a pick play and a false start not called on their 'infamous' drive, so I'd quit while you're ahead.

Enjoy it.

*EDIT*

Face mask ? If you say so. Nothing remotely conclusive in that vid.

uat had a pick play and a false start not called on their 'infamous' drive, so I'd quit while you're ahead.

Enjoy it.

*EDIT*

We did have a pick play. I noticed it and unlike you, I admit it. I didn't see the false start, but I do see that it's small to pick out a false start among a 15 play drive in which your defense fell apart like wet toilet paper.

Don't be thick skulled. It was a face mask and you know it. The grainy quality of the video is what you're relying on, but I've reviewed the game in HD and it's not remotely close.

By the way, what's up with the "6"? Living in the past, I see...

Enjoy it.

*EDIT*

We did have a pick play. I noticed it and unlike you, I admit it. I didn't see the false start, but I do see that it's small to pick out a false start among a 15 play drive in which your defense fell apart like wet toilet paper.

Don't be thick skulled. It was a face mask and you know it. The grainy quality of the video is what you're relying on, but I've reviewed the game in HD and it's not remotely close.

I really think you need to go back and watch that "facemask" again. Your eyes are playing tricks on ya. Looked to me like he grabbed the right shoulder and got just enough to allow T. Zach. by when the bama player dove. I mean a facemask would have turned that guys head more. Yes I have it recorded in HD and yes I have watched it in slow motion. Even if it was a facemask there is an official looking right at the play not 5 yards away, but there again the officials were in the tides way the entire game.

Just enjoy the win man, good ballgame. Don't make excuses for why that defense gave up so many big plays. I am not making any up for the reason we lost.

With the first not being rightfully nullified by Ziemba "blocking" via a facemask take down. Check out the :06 mark...

Link

Yeah, but Bama got away with holding at 2:19 of the video on the Richardson screen pass. I also made mention yesterday that the PF on McFadden was crap because both him and the Alabama player were pushing but only McFadden got flagged.

I just think it's disingenuous, just like Saban was, when you give Auburn some credit but also make 10 different excuses as to why it was a close game and why Alabama didn't beat Auburn like last year.

It has been! And always will be! The best rivalry in the country period. There were penalties on both side's that were good no calls. The ref's did a damn good job in this game guy's. The better team won the game And that's it. And I hate moral victories. But I took A-lot of pride in knowing. That all over the state of Alabama there were hole's being eaten in the shorts of the Alabama fans.They had better players and more of them. A coach they believe can do no wrong, And they never had the lead until there was a 1:40 left in the game. And we still had a chance to win it on the last play of the ballgame.If Any one of them tell you they weren't worried.Just laugh and walk away.

They have a damn good Football team!!!! Congrats on the win guy's Great game.

Yes, you saw the pick play. Great. I honestly don't see any face mask. 1st time I heard of it, and you were able to see what no one else did. Bravo. But don't tell me what " I KNOW". You're dreaming up ways to explain away why y'all didn't blow us out. I guess in your world, y'all won 26-14. Make ya feel better ?

You were losing to a 7-4 team, a 10 pt underdog, for well over 3 quarters. Your vaunted undefeated team, was able to drive on a paper thin D. Something Kentucky and UGA did as well. Not a real shocker, to be honest.

Yes, 6 is a reference to 6 straight years Auburn beat Alabama. Yes, I am living in the past, and the future. This is just a temporary set back.

" AND YOU KNOW IT! "

I certainly don't know it. I know you guys will bring your lunch pail and I expect nothing else, but you'll need more than that to escape the 101,000 seat stadium with a victory. A lot more, in fact.

Sorry to have gotten this thread off its original course. Auburn played a good game and won a lot of respect in the process. However, sometimes your best just isn't good enough...

I certainly don't know it. I know you guys will bring your lunch pail and I expect nothing else, but you'll need more than that to escape the 101,000 seat stadium with a victory. A lot more, in fact.

Sorry to have gotten this thread off its original course. Auburn played a good game and won a lot of respect in the process. However, sometimes your best just isn't good enough...

Are we playin' in Knoxville next year ? :roflol:

100+ K seat stadiums aren't our concern. Beating 11 the field will be.

And we will.

I feel lucky to have won. Period!

WC and BG please show some class.

Go play in the street.

Dude chill, I am just playing around. I love my Bama and AU brethren. :cheer:

Again I will say for the record, I was about to crap my pants. I was very afraid. I was more afraid on our last drive than any time during the game.

And we will.

Save your ROFL...

And we will.

Save your ROFL...

My god, you bammers are obsessed, aren't you? We beat UT-Knoxville the last 2 times we've played up there, so I don't give 1 flying fornication about how many 'necks you cram into BDS. IT DOESN'T MATTER.

I'll always say we're gonna beat your asses, so put that in your sig too, if you want.

:roflol:

You guys have had success in Knoxville, but your last trip to a then-smaller Bryant-Denny didn't go so well. Yes, I know, different staff and team... blah blah blah. I really don't feel like having a meaningless internet scuffle with you.

Lets just call it 26-21 and leave it at that. Deal?

You guys have had success in Knoxville, but your last trip to a then-smaller Bryant-Denny didn't go so well. Yes, I know, different staff and team... blah blah blah. I really don't feel like having a meaningless internet scuffle with you.

Lets just call it 26-21 and leave it at that. Deal?

What's that make us in T'town... 5-1 ?

So, because you have a few more 'necks in your spiffy, pimped out stadium, no one , not Auburn, no other team will EVER beat y'all in Tuscalooser ,ever again ?

:roflol:

Just stop it. You're killin' me!!!

Ugh. What you did against those JV 'Bama teams in 2000, 2004, and 2006 has nothing to do with what throws down next season. Same applies for us and our 2008 shellacking of your then-circus of a football program.

And actually, they'll be a few more thousand fans in the second set of new skyboxes we will have installed in the last 4 years. The last I checked, it took some cheddar to sit there.

Like I said earlier -- I'm moving on and I see no reason why you shouldn't either. 26-21.

Ugh. What you did against those JV 'Bama teams in 2000, 2004, and 2006 has nothing to do with what throws down next season. Same applies for us and our 2008 shellacking of your then-circus of a football program.

And actually, they'll be a few more thousand fans in the second set of new skyboxes we will have installed in the last 4 years. The last I checked, it took some cheddar to sit there.

Like I said earlier -- I'm moving on and I see no reason why you shouldn't either. 26-21.

Alabama class at it's finest.

Archived