No more grey lady, Super 6 in TTown

BZ770

2009 Football Super 6 Pairings

(All championship games will be played at Bryant-Denny Stadium in Tuscaloosa Dec. 3-4)

Thursday

CLASS 3A

Cordova (13-1) vs. Piedmont (12-2), 11 a.m.

CLASS 1A

Brantley (13-1) vs. Hackleburg (14-0), 3 p.m.

CLASS 5A

Russellville (12-2) vs. Demopolis (11-3), 7 p.m.

Friday

CLASS 4A

Jackson (13-1) vs. Cherokee County (14-0), 11 a.m.

CLASS 2A

Reeltown (13-1) vs. Clay County (13-1), 3 p.m.

CLASS 6A

Prattville (12-2) vs. Hoover (13-1), 7 p.m.

http://www.ahsaa.com/Sports/Football/History/PlayoffResults/2009FootballPlayoffs/2009FootballSuper6Pairings/tabid/2939/Default.aspx

That has got to be really cool in you are a HS athlete to play at Bryant Denny and next year will be at Auburn. It's a whole lot better and safer than playing at Legion Field.

Conflict with the SEC Championship game. They did this on purpose it's supposed to be between Auburn and Ttown for the next 6 yrs.

Conflict with the SEC Championship game. They did this on purpose it's supposed to be between Auburn and Ttown for the next 6 yrs.

Yeah. That irritates me. Why offer up your facilities if you cannot let these guys play on Saturday so that they get the full experience of playing a special game? If bammer is in Atlanta, then there is more room in turdtown to host the teams. Just seems a little condescending to the high school teams. Move it back to Birmingham if it can't be done right.

Yeah. That irritates me. Why offer up your facilities if you cannot let these guys play on Saturday so that they get the full experience of playing a special game? If bammer is in Atlanta, then there is more room in turdtown to host the teams. Just seems a little condescending to the high school teams. Move it back to Birmingham if it can't be done right.

Alabama Super 6 state football championships cut from three days to two

By Brian Lyman

July 22, 2009, 7:05PM

MONTGOMERY, Ala. -- The Super 6 state football championships are being shortened from three days to two days now that the Alabama High School Athletic Association is moving them out of Birmingham's Legion Field.

The games are going to rotate between the University of Alabama's Bryant-Denny Stadium and Auburn University's Jordan-Hare Stadium.

The 2009 games will be in Tuscaloosa on Dec. 3-4.

The association says the schedule for Dec. 3 will be the Class 3A final at 11 a.m., Class 1A final at 3 p.m. and Class 5A final at 7 p.m. The schedule for Dec. 4 will be the Class 4A final at 11 a.m., Class 2A final at 3 p.m. and Class 6A final at 7 p.m.

This article is from July I don't think it has anything to do with Bama going to the SEC Champ. They were talking on the radio about how the HS games wouldn't be in competition for the SEC title game.

I've been watching these games all evening the jackson game was a good one. The clay county wing t/ wishbone vs reeltown is a old school running in plays and pounding the football not sure they thrown 5 passes in the first half.

I've been watching these games all evening the jackson game was a good one. The clay county wing t/ wishbone vs reeltown is a old school running in plays and pounding the football not sure they thrown 5 passes in the first half.

OK. I just got back home from hunting for the weekend. I did make it to the PHS VS. Hoover game in turdtown. What a clusterturd that was of an officiating effort. Did anyone watch the game on Friday? From the stands it was BAAAADDDD. I hear from the TV it was even worse. It looked like there were SEC refs down there. Bad calls cost PHS three TDs. Without the bad calls, PHS is up by a TD in the fourth. Horrible way to end a season.

Oh yeah. Turdtown stinks. Auburn much more friendly to drive in.

Archived