"I expect a big commitment before Christmas"

TitanTiger

You know, a lot of people have given CCL a lot of crap for comments like these (remember his 5 4/5 star recruit comments this summer from an Alumni Club event?) but for the most part, they have panned out. Since August, we've landed commitments from:

- Reed (4 star)

- Dyer (5 star)

- Christian (4 star)

- Sanders (4 star)

- Owens (4 star)

As for a "big commitment," I would think the only recruits he could be referencing would be some one like Lattimore or Seastrunk. Sure there are other 4-stars out there like Whitaker, Thornton or a JUCO OL but not sure I would qualify that as "big" ... my how the recruiting landscape at AU has changed :)

We need at least three before or soon after Christmas, if we're to fully utilize the five early slots that are available. (Two current committs are said to qualify for early enrollment.)

We need at least three before or soon after Christmas, if we're to fully utilize the five early slots that are available. (Two current committs are said to qualify for early enrollment.)

Ken Adams is also a possibility. I dont think he's the "big" commit, but he is elgible for enrollment in January. He's commited to Tenn, but visits AU again Dec 11th.

he could be talking about brandon mosley. after the iron bowl mosley said that we are "probably No. 1"

That would be great! Moseley is listed as a December graduate, so he'd qualify for one of the early slots and we need a run-stopping DE.

I was one of the people bashing the staff in the summer for making these kinds of announcements. But they've given me reason to hush up and wait for the results before criticizing.

Side note... we might end up w/ a lot of jerseys that read "<first initial>. Mosley". We've got 2 already, possibly looking at 2 more?

We could end up with a family of Mosleys before it's all over with. Never knew that last name would be so popular. LOL

and we need a run-stopping DE.

They want him playing OL.

Great! Anywhere our coaches put him is fine as long as he's a quality player and is eligible to enroll in January.

I've got a feeing that there's gonna be a flurry of commits over the next two to three weeks and some of these long time hold-outs are gonna pull the trigger. :cheer:

Unless Adams turns into an OL or DL he's odd man out. We don't need a TE or DE next year. If he RS then bulks up...maybe

We would take another DE if it is a January enrollee, which Adams is. We need DL across the board, not just inside. That is a position where it is a must to have a good 2 deep and if at all possible 3 deep.

• 4 weeks later...

His comments had nothing to do with Newton. More to do with juco signing day and the recruits we picked up. I also find some relation with how Tyrik's suspension happened almost right before Newton came on the radar.

His comments had nothing to do with Newton. More to do with juco signing day and the recruits we picked up. I also find some relation with how Tyrik's suspension happened almost right before Newton came on the radar.

Tongue-n-cheek for all the haters. This coaching staff has put a remarkable class together. Really really impressed with how we are recruiting.

Archived