Kentucky Game already sold out

IndyTiger

I have never seen an Auburn basketball game sold out this far in advance since I have been here.

I got my wristband earlier today as one of the first 500 students to get tickets so I got it for free. Hopefully the students pack the house and we have a good student presence.

When UF was #1 a few years ago it sold out in advance. Its sad though that the only time the arena gets packed out is when the circus comes to town(UK or UF) or the Foy/ODK trophy is being presented at halftime.

About this time in 2000, Auburn beat Kentucky. Auburn was ranked in the top 10 and Kentucky was also ranked, but not as high as Auburn. That game was great to watch, but it got frustrating in the second half. Looked like Auburn was going to give it away, but Auburn came away with a win. The crowd stormed the court. ESPN televised the game and Dick Vitale commentated. Before Auburn beat Kentucky in 2000 it had been over 10 years since their previous win. The 99-2000 season was bittersweet. Sure, Auburn didn't quite start as hot as the previous year, but they looked like they could make another run in the NCAA tournament or maybe win another outright conference championship but it fell apart and Chris Porter's career ended before the season ended.

Auburn started out 17-0 in the 98-99 season. Their first loss was at Kentucky. They finished 29-4

Auburn started out the 99-2000 season with a 16-1 record, including a win over Kentucky. They finished 24-10. Kentucky also finished 24-10.

Even with Chris Porter, they at times struggled. They looked like they finally got it together once it was certain Porter wouldn't get to finish the season. They lost in the SEC Championship game after leading Arkansas at halftime. Arkansas won 4 games in 4 days. Auburn made it to the Big Dance and lost in the 2nd round. Definately miss those days, but Cliff couldn't really get it back to this level. He had one more run in the 02-03 season and barely got into the NCAA Tournament. They went 8-8 in SEC (back when 8-8 you were on the bubble and 9-7 or 10-6 was definately good enough to get an at-large bid) and made it to the Sweet 16.

When UF was #1 a few years ago it sold out in advance. Its sad though that the only time the arena gets packed out is when the circus comes to town(UK or UF) or the Foy/ODK trophy is being presented at halftime.

I was at that game, I'm pretty sure it wasn't sold out as far in advance. Although it could have been the same situation as it is now. I got my student ticket the morning of that game.

About this time in 2000, Auburn beat Kentucky. Auburn was ranked in the top 10 and Kentucky was also ranked, but not as high as Auburn. That game was great to watch, but it got frustrating in the second half. Looked like Auburn was going to give it away, but Auburn came away with a win. The crowd stormed the court. ESPN televised the game and Dick Vitale commentated. Before Auburn beat Kentucky in 2000 it had been over 10 years since their previous win. The 99-2000 season was bittersweet. Sure, Auburn didn't quite start as hot as the previous year, but they looked like they could make another run in the NCAA tournament or maybe win another outright conference championship but it fell apart and Chris Porter's career ended before the season ended.

Auburn started out 17-0 in the 98-99 season. Their first loss was at Kentucky. They finished 29-4

Auburn started out the 99-2000 season with a 16-1 record, including a win over Kentucky. They finished 24-10. Kentucky also finished 24-10.

Even with Chris Porter, they at times struggled. They looked like they finally got it together once it was certain Porter wouldn't get to finish the season. They lost in the SEC Championship game after leading Arkansas at halftime. Arkansas won 4 games in 4 days. Auburn made it to the Big Dance and lost in the 2nd round. Definately miss those days, but Cliff couldn't really get it back to this level. He had one more run in the 02-03 season and barely got into the NCAA Tournament. They went 8-8 in SEC (back when 8-8 you were on the bubble and 9-7 or 10-6 was definately good enough to get an at-large bid) and made it to the Sweet 16.

I was at that game. We rolled Toomers Corner that night. Dicky V was on Campus signing autographs that afternoon at the Haley Bookstore, I wished I'd went and got his autograph.

All I know is this....I'll be there and I hope we can make it loud and proud for once this season. I don't like our chances, but a big crowd will help the players.

14 recruits at the game plus smooth will be receiving his Outback Bowl MVP trophy - the turnout will be good. Hopefully, the team can feed off it.

Any idea where the game's being aired in Montgomery? The Fox station that normally carries it has an NFL playoff game.

I could have got it for only $79 through PPV on Dishnet. The best I could do was fire off a letter of complaint to channel 20.

And....the reason this one was sold out so early is that the KY fans bought up several thousand tickets. They usually travel well, but with the Cats undefeated and ranked #2, they were packing the house. I called Ashley Judd on her private line and asked if I could sit with her, there right behind the Ky bench. Somehow my message didn't get through. Wonder what's up with that?

I wasn't that upset. I understand it's the NFL playoffs. I just wish another local station had been given the rights to air it like the CW or UPN channel.

Archived